Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Android Is The Top Os.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Android Is The Top Os.. (1979 Views)

Android Is Even More Unsecure Than We Thought / 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries / 7 Reasons Why Android Phone Is Better Than Windows Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Android Is The Top Os.. by tegak10: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2015
After i write this post am sure no ios user can defend their overpriced product...
1. Iphones have a smaller battery and they take longer time to charge... You can check phonearena to confirm.

2. Iphone does not support otg.. I.e connecting ur flashdrive or hard drive and reading it on your phone.

3. setting ringtone. To set a ringtone on an idevice u need to go through itunes and convert the song to the required format.

4. Ios has begun copying some android features i.e widgets... and samsung's multi window feature which will be added in ios9.

5. Unavailability of hacked games... Download mortal kombat x ,wwe immortals, or robocop to see why u want hacked games..

6. the things u can do on a rooted droid is far greater than what you can do on a jailbroken iphone.. E.g running 2 or more os on your droid, similar to windows that lets u choose which os u want to boot into.

7. More Apps- though the apple store has more apps officially there are apps that never make it to the google play store. You can check 9apps and other third party stores to confirm.

8.way overpriced- it costs $263 to make an iphone6+ 128gb while it costs $293 to make a samsung s6 edge 64gb.

9.iphones are no longer the kings of mobile camera... Recent devices like samsung s6 and note 4 have better cameras.

10.if ure concerned about getting updates first buy a nexus device...

1 Like

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by lanre316: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Then good for you. Enjoy your android phone and leave iPhone users to enjoy their phone. It's a sign of inferiority complex to keep shouting that your product is better than your neighbors.

You will never see an iPhone user making this lame comparison and they're quite content with their device and there are millions upon millions of contented iPhone users unlike some Android users who always need to compare their phones to other's in order to make them feel better about themselves and boost their self-esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
I have a problem with you phone new guys of the last 2 years.

If you have chosen to love phone and gadgets the first rule you must understand is
"there is no such thing as perfect phone or OS "

The stuffs you stated on why android is better are the same exact reasons why some people hate android.

Now this is how an IOS user thinks

tegak10:
After i write this post am sure no ios user can defend their overpriced product...
1. Iphones have a smaller battery and they take longer time to charge... You can check phonearena to confirm.
Android has larger batteries because they use larger power. A 1800mah on an iPhone can last about 5 more hours than the same 1800mah on any Android phone. U too can ask phonearena why a wp HTC m8 last more hours than an android HTC m8 when they have EXACTLY the same specs

2. Iphone does not support otg.. I.e connecting ur flashdrive or hard drive and reading it on your phone.
That's because apple considers security as priority, by normal standard this can make your device contact virus. And security is a big deal to some pepole to.

3. setting ringtone. To set a ringtone on an idevice u need to go through itunes and convert the song to the required format.
Let's talk. Only android users actually need to change their ringtone. IPhone and blackberry has the best pre installed ringtones. Android offers total rubbish

4. Ios has begun copying some android features i.e widgets... and samsung's multi window feature which will be added in ios9.
Android copied iPhone "sign in before you open a factory reset" with already released lollipop 5.0.2, u are taking about a non released version here. And b4 Samsung had multi window (which is a samsung feature and not android feature BTW) windows RT was snapping windows side by side.

5. Unavailability of hacked games... Download mortal kombat x ,wwe immortals, or robocop to see why u want hacked games..
So we are free to say iPhone users are legal and are law abiding citizens, while android users are illegal, thief's, wicked (cos programmers spend thier time and money to build an app and get nothing for it), heartless, stupiiiid, I don't know.....

6. the things u can do on a rooted droid is far greater than what you can do on a jailbroken iphone.. E.g running 2 or more os on your droid, similar to windows that lets u choose which os u want to boot into.
IOS is great without jailbreak, android is stupiiiid without rooting. There is no reason why an iPhone user would want to jailbreak his iPhone? But android users must have one reason or the other, maybe they want to upgrade their OS with custom ROM, cos every android OEM has to work out their own update for every single phone, therefore not more than 5 of its thousands phone get update b4 the next update its released

7. More Apps- though the apple store has more apps officially there are apps that never make it to the google play store. You can check 9apps and other third party stores to confirm.[quote]
Both official and non official, iPhone has more apps, this is counting reasonable apps alone, cos launchers, widgets and icon pack are always counted among Google apps

[quote]8.way overpriced- it costs $263 to make an iphone6+ 128gb while it costs $293 to make a samsung s6 edge 64gb.
I'm I the one seeing double cos from what you wrote Sammy is more expensive.

9.iphones are no longer the kings of mobile camera... Recent devices like samsung s6 and note 4 have better cameras.
You should be ashamed that with an 8mp camera, iPhone is still locking down competition even with Sony 20mp and Sammy 16mp, iPhone camera app is better than Google camera, and wp had the best camera phones.

10.if ure concerned about getting updates first buy a nexus device...
IOS 7 was released. IPhone 5s, 5, 4, 3gs got it that same day. No delay.
Android 4.4 KitKat was released, came with nexus 5, nexus 4 got it months after. No update for galaxy nexus. They said they can't update phones past 48 months. Yes.

So next time don't go about comparing
Just take what you like
One man's meat is another man's poison

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Collinz2(m): 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Runzlord one perfect reason why android iz better than ios iz that android iz 4 everybody.
how?
if u want android without google apps and services get the one plus android phone. If u want great battery get gionee m3, m2 or galaxy s5, if u want great camera get the galaxy s5 or note 4, if u want cheat android get tecno, gionee, infinix e.t.c, if u want to play ps4 games get the xperia z3, if u want music get the tecno boom j7, if u want pentium design get the galaxy s6, if u want dual ultra camera get the htc one m8, if u want sleek phone get the gionee s5.5, if u want gesture get the galaxy s4, if u want tweak ur imei easily get the android with mtk chip.

4 Likes

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
Collinz2:
Runzlord one perfect reason why android iz better than ios iz that android iz 4 everybody.
how?
if u want android without google apps and services get the one plus android phone. If u want great battery get gionee m3, m2 or galaxy s5, if u want great camera get the galaxy s5 or note 4, if u want cheat android get tecno, gionee, infinix e.t.c, if u want to play ps4 games get the xperia z3, if u want music get the tecno boom j7, if u want pentium design get the galaxy s6, if u want dual ultra camera get the htc one m8, if u want sleek phone get the gionee s5.5, if u want gesture get the galaxy s4, if u want tweak ur imei easily get the android with mtk chip.

Dude thosd are the OEM features not android feature
And no! Its not for everybody. I want security, I oya tell me the android phone to buy
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Collinz2(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
runzlord:

Dude thosd are the OEM features not android feature
And no! Its not for everybody. I want security, I oya tell me the android phone to buy
android have great security. If u dnt root it no way malicious app can steal ur sensitive data.
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Borwe: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bro, iPhone is for the low esteemed people. People who class themselves by their phones. That is like a brick compared to android devices of same price range, talk about the one plus one vs iPhone20((Imaginary by the way)). Most iPhone users just use their phones to whatsapp and play bogus games like snake because high quality games won't install for free as that is system restriction.

Overall, if your someone interested in computing you would avoid anything Apple. Better go for Samsung Tizen OS than that shit. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by oyewolestephen(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Android is all the way better than eyefon
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by tochunna: 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Most iPhone users just use their phones to whatsapp and play bogus games like snake because high quality games won't install for free as that is system restriction.

[/quote]

Ios gets exclusive titles it the highest possible graphics settings. Do u know what mobile games are? Do u know it's because of Pirates like u that most games require 247 online connection before we can play on any platform now?
Games that are not cross platform like infinity blade 3 don't require such. I personally purchased it on sale for. $3. I bought mc5 for $6! All u do is steal and ya. Cheapskate android user.
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by ZahraBuhari(f): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2015
Errrm

When he said

way overpriced- it costs $263 to make an iphone6+ 128gb while it costs $293 to make a samsung s6 edge 64gb.

And u replied
runzlord:

I'm I the one seeing double cos from what you wrote Sammy is more expensive.

I think he's saying that, Cost of production of an s6 is higher than that of an iPhone. Yet, apple products are costlier. Hence, his reason for saying it's overpriced and they are ripping the public off and making unjust profits.

Just saying

1 Like

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Borwe: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
iPhone is so closed source it starting to look like Microsoft. Using some crap programming language, you have to pay to post your apps on Apple Store even after registration, but it's free on google store. Even Microsoft are becoming opensource slowly, look windows 10 updates are going to be free for anyone using windows7 or windows 8. It's going to be running both Android and iOs apps also their own windows apps with no editing.

Well you see. iPhone OS is left alone with it's selfishness. Soon it will die unless they change their mind frame, who knows, Microsoft might overtake them in the market with the way things are going.
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by martineverest(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
Get ur fact right...microsoft is not going and ll nevq go open source...android is popular because its open-source and dats android greatest problem.microsoft and apple close source has/is makoing dem more reliable than android....android is actually the worst of the three Os(in terms of security,smoothness).the fact dat microsoft is giving out windows 10 dosent make it open-source
Borwe:
iPhone is so closed source it starting to look like Microsoft. Using some crap programming language, you have to pay to post your apps on Apple Store even after registration, but it's free on google store. Even Microsoft are becoming opensource slowly, look windows 10 updates are going to be free for anyone using windows7 or windows 8. It's going to be running both Android and iOs apps also their own windows apps with no editing.

Well you see. iPhone OS is left alone with it's selfishness. Soon it will die unless they change their mind frame, who knows, Microsoft might overtake them in the market with the way things are going.
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by willian10: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nokia 3310 operating system is d best grin grin
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by proffnico(m): 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
willian10:
Nokia 3310 operating system is d best grin grin
eleyi gidi gan
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Borwe: 7:02am On May 01, 2015
martineverest:
Get ur fact right...microsoft is not going and ll nevq go open source...android is popular because its open-source and dats android greatest problem.microsoft and apple close source has/is makoing dem more reliable than android....android is actually the worst of the three Os(in terms of security,smoothness).the fact dat microsoft is giving out windows 10 dosent make it open-source

I said starting to become, doesn't mean it is. By the way the new Windows 10 supports android apps by default, so tecnically since Android is open source so is WIndows in this particular sector of android, not to mension it can also run that closed source shitty iOS
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by martineverest(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2015
Oga,windows 10 doesnt support android app and ll never....windows ll never be a sub-android.u should realise dat windows is the greatest and biggest os in the world,not even mac os,linus or android re close to dat......the fact the microsoft launched 'project astoria' to help developers easily develope windows app from already-made android app doesnt make it support android apps.rather,it convert the android code into windows code using windows API.the app automatically bcomes windows app with no android origin..this method is not same with what Blackberry and amazon kindle or cyanogen dat uses AOSP
Borwe:

I said starting to become, doesn't mean it is. By the way the new Windows 10 supports android apps by default, so tecnically since Android is open source so is WIndows in this particular sector of android, not to mension it can also run that closed source shitty iOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Borwe: 4:12pm On May 01, 2015
Your correcting yourself...
Anyways, as you said, apk's will be run on windows 10 via some conversion process directly. No need for developer to right the same app in c# to run it in windows anymore.
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Nobody: 8:09am On May 03, 2015
ZahraBuhari:
Errrm

When he said

And u replied

I think he's saying that, Cost of production of an s6 is higher than that of an iPhone. Yet, apple products are costlier. Hence, his reason for saying it's overpriced and they are ripping the public off and making unjust profits.

Just saying

Ios price is added on it
Android is free
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Nobody: 8:14am On May 03, 2015
Collinz2:
android have great security. If u dnt root it no way malicious app can steal ur sensitive data.
What we are saying here is which Is better?
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by dragnet: 9:51am On May 03, 2015
runzlord:

What we are saying here is which Is better?
I'd been liking your contributions till you started the 'sense' crap. Please be civil in your responses.
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 03, 2015
dragnet:
I'd been liking your contributions till you started the 'sense' crap. Please be civil in your responses.
Im sorry. Just that, that borwe guy post are annoying. What he is saying literally does not exist, and he is being corrected but he is still trying to be stubborn
Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Nobody: 7:56am On May 05, 2015
i usually hate commenting on these kind of fora especially when a fandroid is just talking without analysis. windows OS will not go open source. it is called making it easier for developers to port their apps onto the windows OS and not running an android app on windows OS.

i cant believe that after all these years an android user will still claim security, where? at kirikiri?

lets b frank, android is only good for customizing, even the apps we claim come to android always come first to iphone, and the app quality on iphone as compared to android apps are way superior in every aspect.

windows mobile and ios hold far better security than android will ever take it or leave it.

someone said something about paying for ur app to be displayed on the ios market. well it is a necessary evil. y? simple. nothing comes free without a compromise. take a look at the google stre and tell me all those apps are not either clones or worms waiting to eat on ur data.

1 Like

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by Borwe: 1:05pm On May 05, 2015
kinesis:
i usually hate commenting on these kind of fora especially when a fandroid is just talking without analysis. windows OS will not go open source. it is called making it easier for developers to port their apps onto the windows OS and not running an android app on windows OS.

i cant believe that after all these years an android user will still claim security, where? at kirikiri?

lets b frank, android is only good for customizing, even the apps we claim come to android always come first to iphone, and the app quality on iphone as compared to android apps are way superior in every aspect.

windows mobile and ios hold far better security than android will ever take it or leave it.

someone said something about paying for ur app to be displayed on the ios market. well it is a necessary evil. y? simple. nothing comes free without a compromise. take a look at the google stre and tell me all those apps are not either clones or worms waiting to eat on ur data.

Bro you know what Linux is? You know What Debian is? You know what Ubuntu is? Well they are the top secure OS's in the whole world. They allow the user to do whatever they want with the OS, boost hardware performance, modify kernels etc. Now iOS and Windows? Windows is the least secure OS in the world in everything, Google it, or if you think google will biase your results Bing it. iOS is just some shit version of Linux that is closed source and once you buy it its how you have it, can't modify shit on any Apple device or OS, this is false security as people can still gain access to your files via internet, networks, man in middle attacks and others. Now for the punch line!!!

Remember how I started this post? well if you googled anything or "Binged" (if you hate Google that much), about those 3 OS's you will find out they are the most used by the computer Elite, the Hackers, the Programmers, the Inventors of pretty much anything in technology this days, ask Mark Zucks of Facebook if you need assist with some prove(unless you also hate facebook). Well Since you might be hating on Google and even if you Bing this next search I will right it will redirect you to google webpages. Google or Bing or Yahoo or Ask whatever just search "How to build Android Rom from Source". Just go through the process, you might not understand a thing but I am sure you will reach the part where the requirements is Ubuntu OS, Debian OS, or any other Linux OS, well why? Hmmm..... Maybe security? BING BING BING!! we have a winner. Yes that's why.

And if you have reached this far I am amazed if you will ever again touch WIndows OS or anything apple again in your life but here it goes: You see Android is based of Ubuntu, which is Based of Debian which uses the Linux Kernel, now Linux is the most open source yet secure kernel out their. Why you think Apple use it in all their devices OS? but with some stupid modifications and useless restrictions, and Windows well windows live in their own world and think this is still the year 2000 or something, they hate anything anything that ships with their OS that isn't from Microsoft that's why they invented the new Android emulator that is to ship with the Windows 10 under their own rules.

Please please read this post again before replying to it. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Android Is The Top Os.. by lanre316: 5:45pm On May 05, 2015
I'm impressed by this analysis. This Borwe of a guy must be a professional software engineeer. I thought I knew much about Android, but now I realised how much I didn't know.

(1) (Reply)

Usb Otg Cable For Android Phones And Tablets. / Huawei Honor 7 Announced With 20MP Camera / Which Of This Is Better.....fhd(ips Display)&hd(amoled)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.