Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

AIT Ban: I Warned About Freedom Of Expression Under Buhari – Charles Novia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / AIT Ban: I Warned About Freedom Of Expression Under Buhari – Charles Novia (444 Views)

Fadipe Charles Oluwatoyin Is Missing / Dear Nigerians, Buhari Is Not Done Inflicting Pain On You Yet, By Charles Novia / Ait Ban: What If Ait Says The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AIT Ban: I Warned About Freedom Of Expression Under Buhari – Charles Novia by famobaba(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
By OKECHUKWU PEACE

Social commentator and filmmaker, Charles Novia has condemned the clampdown of the office of Presiden-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari on African Independent Television (AIT).

Novia noted that he always held the opinion that “freedom of expression will be curtailed in the next government.”

The award-winning filmmaker who posted his opinion on his facebook account said, “If this report is true, it shows the colouration of Buhari’s government to the Press. As a President, you must be tolerant. There’s no REASON to be vindictive to the Press. Hasn’t President Jonathan shown a good example by being tolerant and indifferent to all the insults the opposition Press had for him all these years? Someone should tell Buhari that the year is 2015 and not 1984. If he comes in with a vengeance, he cannot have a focused reign. You don’t screw with the Press or Freedom of Association.

“If any of his goons have issues with AIT or Chief Dokpesi, the Press Council and Law Courts are there to utilize. I have said it that freedom of expression will be curtailed in the next government and this will prove my suspicions right.

Link In...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/04/ait-ban-i-warned-nigerians-about-freedom-of-expression-under-buhari-charles-novia/

Re: AIT Ban: I Warned About Freedom Of Expression Under Buhari – Charles Novia by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ok charles.

(1) (Reply)

EKEDC And Their Fraudulent Antics. / Lasu Students Protest Continued Closure Of The Institution / Happy Birthday Hawlahscho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.