Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions (784 Views)

Body Of Executed Seck Osmane Buried In Indonesia / Indonesia Rejects International Pleas To Halt Executions Of Nigerian / Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by Sunnycliff(m): 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian Prime Minister
Tony Abbott said on Wednesday he was
recalling nation's ambassador to Indonesia in
protest against the execution of two Australian
drug smugglers.
"We respect Indonesia's sovereignty but we do
deplore what's been done and this cannot be
simply business as usual," Abbott told
reporters in Canberra.
"I want to stress that this is a very important
relationship between Australia and Indonesia
but it has suffered as a result of what's been
done over the last few hours."
Australians Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew
Chan were executed by firing squad along with
six other drug convicts from several countries
shortly after midnight on Wednesday, local
media said.
Ambassador Paul Gibson will return to
Australia at the end of the week, Foreign
Minister Julie Bishop said.
(Reporting By Jane Wardell; Editing by Mark
Bendeich)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSKBN0NJ2N420150428
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by okotv(m): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
I hope it doesn't strain relationship between those two
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by pelumicoded(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sunnycliff:
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian Prime Minister
Tony Abbott said on Wednesday he was
recalling nation's ambassador to Indonesia in
protest against the execution of two Australian
drug smugglers.
"We respect Indonesia's sovereignty but we do
deplore what's been done and this cannot be
simply business as usual," Abbott told
reporters in Canberra.
"I want to stress that this is a very important
relationship between Australia and Indonesia
but it has suffered as a result of what's been
done over the last few hours."
Australians Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew
Chan were executed by firing squad along with
six other drug convicts from several countries
shortly after midnight on Wednesday, local
media said.
Ambassador Paul Gibson will return to
Australia at the end of the week, Foreign
Minister Julie Bishop said.
(Reporting By Jane Wardell; Editing by Mark
Bendeich)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSKBN0NJ2N420150428

hmm
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by barnacle: 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
naija follow dem oooo
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by SimpleJetty(f): 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
I hope it doesn't strain relationship between those two

It should strain their relationship with immediate effect and Australia should take her technological edge which she has over Indonesia to further engage in espionage activities with a view to getting back at the later where exactly it hurts most.
They should implore every means possible to make Indonesia feel the impulse of their ruthless, insensible and unwarranted actions. In short, if I were to be the Australian prime minister, I would have forwarded a motion to the parliament first thing tomorrow morning for parliamentary consent to the commencement of air strikes across indonesia.
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by okotv(m): 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
SimpleJetty:

It should strain their relationship with immediate effect and Australia should take her technological edge which she has over Indonesia to further engage in espionage activities with a view to getting back at the later where exactly it hurts most.
They should implore every means possible to make Indonesia feel the impulse of their ruthless, insensible and unwarranted actions. In short, if I were to be the Australian prime minister, I would have forwarded a motion to the parliament first thing tomorrow morning for parliamentary consent to the commencement of air strikes across indonesia.
Airstrikes are unwarranted.
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by samuelson06(m): 11:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
Does it matter the country that recalls their Ambassador from there? I don't think it make sense. The country of Indonesia have a law that says don't bring drugs into Indonesia, so why are these guys taking drugs there? It means there are looking for trouble. Does it means they never knew there's such a law in Indonesia? As much as I condemn the killings I don't support the criminals either. Someone must be held responsible for wrong deeds and in this case, Indonesia says it can only be done this way. Sad, but we can't help.
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by SimpleJetty(f): 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
Airstrikes are unwarranted.

Sure it is. Had it been we weren't Nigerians were our nationalistic feelings had been jettisoned to the dogs, then you would know what true nationalism is all about. I pray Indonesia tries this with America and then you get to know what I am talking about.
Did you see our lame government say anything or even appeal for clemency? Hell No!! The so called pot-bellied mofos erroneously called politicians are after juicy appointments and no one cares of 3 Nigerians who faced the most despicable execution.
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by Sunnycliff(m): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
With all the So called strict Indonesian laws, have they ever tried this crap on an American or British citizen? Are they saints? I tell u, they only flex there muscles on those whom they feel they stand at losing nothing should there be any reaction!!
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by okotv(m): 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
SimpleJetty:

Sure it is. Had it been we weren't Nigerians were our nationalistic feelings had been jettisoned to the dogs, then you would know what true nationalism is all about. I pray Indonesia tries this with America and then you get to know what I am talking about.
Did you see our lame government say anything or even appeal for clemency? Hell No!! The so called pot-bellied mofos erroneously called politicians are after juicy appointments and no one cares of 3 Nigerians who faced the most despicable execution.
while you might feel it's wrong to execute people, its a law over there and it must be carried out to the latter. No emotional responses here.

Things can only get better in Nigeria.
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by SimpleJetty(f): 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
while you might feel it's wrong to execute people, its a law over there and it must be carried out to the latter. No emotional responses here.

Things can only get better in Nigeria.
Laws ought to be consistent with obtainable societal norms and values. A situation were an obnoxious law as capital punishment by death is to a gross extent inconsistent with realities on ground, such laws are to the extent of inconsistency null, void and should be abhor without further delay.
Indonesia has decided to drum the beats of war and my 1 cent advise to Australia is to gallantly match to the war front.
I pray to see the day when for every single Nigerian blood spilled unjustly, whether on our local or foreign soil, the government will be quick to release our war arsenals. Genuine peace glorifies war. All nations today witnessing lasting peace had one time in history gallantly taken to the battle field.
Re: Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions by okotv(m): 12:10am On Apr 29, 2015
SimpleJetty:

Laws ought to be consistent with obtainable societal norms and values. A situation were an obnoxious law as capital punishment by death is to a gross extent inconsistent with realities on ground, such laws are to the extent of inconsistency null, void and should be abhor without further delay.
Indonesia has decided to drum the beats of war and my 1 cent advise to Australia is to gallantly match to the war front.
I pray to see the day when for every single Nigerian blood spilled unjustly, whether on our local or foreign soil, the government will be quick to release our war arsenals. Genuine peace glorifies war. All nations today witnessing lasting peace had one time in history gallantly taken to the battle field.
I agree. Love your style, clean with no vulgarities and profane attacks.

It will come when only we are ready

(1) (Reply)

Check Out the Response To A ' Lacasera Promo' Scammer -screen Shot / This Accident Involving A Truck And A Suv Just Occurred At Festac Link Bridge / What All Terrorists Deserve(picture) True Or False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.