Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin (8568 Views)

Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down / Unilorin Remedial Form Is Out. Apply Now! / Unilorin Admission List 2011/2012 Has Been Updated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Unilorin by waddup: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2006
when will unilorin hold their post jamb text.
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2006
I need some informations my self too, so a good Nairaland fellow sent this to my mail, lets share it out.

[b]Please don't think you caused any inconvience by sending this mail. it is my pleasure.
i really want to help . The post jamb will be coming up next month(october). i can say the the date but it is next month . you will get admitted if you score above 180 but your jamb score will determine if you can secure a space in your department for the some departments have a cut off above 240, like medicine department.if you score above 240 and not a lagos and ogun state citizen then you can get admitted into any course provided you pass your jamb which pass mark is 40% which i know you will.
i must advice you, there will be no any form of test or examination , post jamb for the year is just a screening execrise, you don't need to read for it like jamb. they just test if you are a student that can pass any exam let say a junior wassce one did in JSS3, so it is that easy.Just know how to write a corret English with less error and remember how to apply little mathematice formulars.
I hope i have answer all your questions. if you feel i still to get your questions please you can call me on 08068053354 or keep to nairaland for i will post all important information about Unilorin on the site.
SO get these points:
1). Post jamb is just a screening execrise, not a test or exam
2). Unilorin will have it postjamb next month.
3).don't go to any post jamb lesson or keep reading any big textbooks for it is not a tes nor exam.
4).Plase don't be too egar to have the post jamb, release for you have pass you jamb and that is it, believe you have got admitted.
5). if you want something to get you occupied you can call me for a copy of your department syllabus so you get ahead of the class when you resume.
6) i repect POST JAMB is not something that one should be worry about for if you pass you GCE without EXPO , you will destroy POST JAMB one time.

From Bayo(NairaLand member).[/b]
Re: Unilorin by jyde891: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2006
@ terry 1
i really appreciate this your info o,
but when exactly in oct is the screening
and what are the requirements,
do u know if they will allow me use awaiting result
cos i just did the last WAEC and the result is not out yet

i will call the no u posted now hope its yours and pls
incase u have anyother info
hit me up on
jegedjid@yahoo.ca

thanks man
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2006
@ jyde, I don't know much about unilorin, the content i posted there was sent to my email by a good Nairaland user named Bayo, and the number there is his, if at all u want my number, they are, 08066745471, 08080329444, though i will keep u posted if there is anything on board or I can email u if u want.
Thanks.

ONE LUV!
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2006
thanks 4 d info terry but can u help me with da person email address or better still here is my email address just incase u have any information about Unilorin. Thanks a million
merseysidegiant@yahoo.com

May you never walk alone!
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2006
@ waddup

Ok then, I will send u a mail then.
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2006
why is it that UNILORIN is not upgrading its site just like some universities are doing, eg. Uniuyo, Uniben e.t.c.
why don't they post something about there post ume on there university portal?
I am really disturbed as I am very far away from Ilorin.

Please somebody talk to me, my patience is running out,
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2006
Hey Terry could u believe that i dont even know their website, anyway i called a friend and was told that uniloring post jamb test will hold on 23rd of next month, it is confirmed but u will have to pay a fee of N1500, but one thing i am not sure of is whether one will have to register online or u will be given a form to be filled and later be submitted but the registration have commence, u are eligible to write this test if u score 180 and above, u will also have advantage if u score more than this.
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2006
Hi Waddup, ,

I am confused here, do you mean they have started paying the N1500 or what? Is that what u mean by the registration? If so how can I get the form, go to the skul? and when is the closing date for the sale of this form?
their site is www.unilorin.edu.ng. please i will like to hear from u again, i am so confused because im far away from ilorin.
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2006
Dont be Terry, the fee is what i mean by registration, maybe i shouldn't have said that. Anyway there is a confusion right now on the sale of the form, but i should be able to gather the fact this week but not too worry i will make the fact available 4 u as soon as possible. Here is ma number terry i dont mind if u can give me urs just incase:08029266177.
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hi waddup, ,
Thanks so much for your concern, i really appreciate.
my number is 08080329444. Xpect ma call.

Thanks
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2006
Terry,

Thanks for staying in touch, just to let you know dat i tried calling you today but was surprise when it entered voicemail anyway it will be better if u can offer to call me cos i dont think i can loose any of my kobo ontop voicemail or perhaps do something about d voicemail stuff i also try d other number (MTN) i just cant get thru. thanks for being there and for keeping me company on net. I will get back to u whenever i have any useful information about Unilorin and if u do pls post da thing immedaitely.

May you never walk alone!
Re: Unilorin by olokun(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2006
I VERY HAPPY TO HERE THIS FROM YOU GUYS THAT THE POST JAMB EXAM WILL COME UP ON 23RD OCTOBER,2006.
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR WHERE TO GET THIS INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE POST JAMB STUFF.
IF THERE IS ANOTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE STUFF PLS CONTACT ME THOURGH MY E-MAIL
gbenga_olokun@yahoo.com
Pls contact me as soon as possible becos i'm very far from ilorin so that i can travel back to ilorin.
I WILL BE WAITING FOR REPLY FROM ANY OF YOU,GUYS{TERRY1 AND WADDUP}
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2006
@ Olokun, u are welcome, we can know ourselves better, my number is 08066745471 or 08080329444, and my email is tumeunter@yahoo.com or 1life2live@enownow.com.

@Waddup, thank you very much, i really appreciate.
Yes, how can i buy this form? when is the closing date? do i need to go to the university before i buy this post ume form? please you have to do me a favour and answer this questions, they are urgent please.

Thanks once again.
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2006
Terry, i can see how eager u are but i also need information as much as u do, but not too worry we are frds already and i will do all i can to keep u informed but i am also in lagos very far away from Ilorin so i depend on the information i get from them, right now there is a lot of confusion in the air going by what i was told today wen i called ilorin. Have u do something about ur phone because i dont mind calling wen everything is said and done but as regard d form i dont know how is gonna be but one thing i am sure of is that Unilorin is not that exposed so i guess u will have to go there to get the form fill and den submit, and where exactly do u live i wanna know. take care
Re: Unilorin by umar5(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2006
please who knows when abu is writing their post jamb .
information reaching me from abu said that they have started selling out the remedial form since september 25 2006.interested applicant should apply.si
Re: Unilorin by xcaper(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2006
please notify me about unilorin post ume test too.my numbers are 08050467395,08050467392
Re: Unilorin by Terry1(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2006
Hi waddup,
Its as if im bothering you so much but thank God u've known how much I am eager grin.
I live in Benue State, far a way from Ilorin too.
Sorry about my number, i m tryin to change my phone so i have sold the one I was using, but just give me two (2) days cos im gettin a new one on Friday.
I will call you immediately I've done that.
So do u advise that I go there now buy, fill and submit the form?

Thanks.
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2006
Terry dont get me wrong, u are not bothering me, i love d way u show so much concern and ur eagerness. d form is not on sale dont rush down there ok, but if u have good source where u can get useful information contact me b4 u embark on ur journey. We are frds already i have no reason to be angry because u need information that has to do with ur life, so feel free to ask anything i am a very simple person and i know dat is what u are.
Re: Unilorin by olokun(m): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2006
I also got an information that the Post Jamb Exam is likely to take place before 23rd oct.
They just finished their academic session and may likely resume towards the end of this month.
And we{fresher} surpose to resume ahead of them for registration and do necessary things.
I'm very confused that means i have to travel back to ilorin to see what is going on there.
But before i travel i want to know the actual date that the Post Jamb will take place.
Please this is the information i got.
This is my e-mail address;gbenga_olokun@yahoo.com
Re: Unilorin by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2006
Hi Guys scored 202 in Jamb Uni-Ilorin first choice course : Statistics

need info about where to get the post jamb form or where to pay the money too also i heared that the screening will take place on 17-18th and another source say's 23rd, Somebody please come to my aid.

Feel Free to call me to 018730567.
E:Mail : ht_sls@hotmail.com

Thanks
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2006
no news about unilorin at d moment, stay calm and stay in touch
Re: Unilorin by forgiven(m): 4:25am On Oct 03, 2006
Terry1:

Hi Waddup, ,

I am confused here, do you mean they have started paying the N1500 or what? Is that what u mean by the registration? If so how can I get the form, go to the skul? and when is the closing date for the sale of this form?
their site is www.unilorin.edu.ng. please i will like to hear from u again, i am so confused because im far away from ilorin.

I have been following this trend and it appears Terry is getting rather too anxious. I want to help you if you wouldn't mind. I have a couple of friends in Unilorin who will be willing to help you. Contact me on olufemi4896@yahoo.ca. I will give you their names and contact. They can also help you with the form, accomodation and other things. I should be in Ilorin on fifteenth myself. I had my secondary enducation in former Benue, now Kogi so I understand why you are trying to take your time. Get in touch.
Re: Unilorin by olokun(m): 10:14am On Oct 03, 2006
I just get an information this morning that unilorin may likely do their PostJamb exam on 6th of this month.
I''m very confused now.
Is this true?
Is there anybody that can help me there?
Re: Unilorin by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2006
Hey Olokun, Waddup & Terry what'z going on abt Post jamb keep me posted.

Take Care
Re: Unilorin by olokun(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2006
THE POST IS COMING UP ON 18TH AND 19TH OF THIS MONTH,OCTOBER,2006.
Good Afternoon!

University of Ilorin
2006/2007 PRE-REGISTRATION Screening Exercise

Candidates who have applied for admission into the undergraduate degree programmes of the University of Ilorin for the 2006/2007 academic session are hereby invited for the screening exercise which will hold on the 18th (Wednesday) and 19th (Thursday) October 2006. The categories of candidates invited are:

(a) UME candidates who made the University of Ilorin their first and/or second choice and scored a minimum of 160 points in the JAMB Examination. All candidates must adhere strictly to the choice of courses they applied for originally with JAMB, as change of course on-line, in any form, will disqualify such candidates automatically.

(b) DIRECT ENTRY candidates who made University of Ilorin their first and/or second choice and have obtained a minimum of:

(i) Upper Credit at OND/HND/Diploma (except for Statistics and History, where a lower credit may be considered). Also please note that the Department of Business Administration will not accept National Diploma in Business Administration or Diploma in Marketing;

(ii) Merit for NCE; and

(iii) Five points at Advanced Level or its equivalent in appropriate subjects, or a University degree.

For grading of Advanced Level results, please calculate the point aggregates using:

Letter Grade Grade Points
A …………………………… 5
B …………………………… 4
C …………………………… 3
D …………………………… 2
E …………………………… 1
F …………………………… 0

Passes in 3 Advanced Level subjects (at a sitting) attract a bonus of 1 extra point.

e.g. 1. A,C,C = 5+3+3 (+1) = 12 points

2, B,D,F = 4+2+0 =6 points

(c) Candidates who have just completed the University of Ilorin Remedial Programme and are willing to proceed to the degree programme.

VENUES OF SCREENING (FOR BOTH UME AND DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES)

DAY 1

DATE: Wednesday, 18th October, 2006

ARTS, SOCIAL SCIENCES, AND REMEDIAL PROGRAMMES

Group 1: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Arts:
Venues: (a) Africa Hall (Mini Campus)

(b) College of Health Sciences Lecture Rooms 1 and 2

(Mini Campus)

Group 2: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Education
(Education Arts).
Venue: Institute of Education (Mini Campus)

Group 3: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Law
Venue: Faculty of Law Lecture Rooms (Main Campus)

Group 4: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Business & Social Sciences

Programme A: Business Administration
Venue: FAPP Lecture Rooms (Mini Campus)

Programme B: Geography
Venue: Ilorin Foundation Centre (Geri Alimi)

Programme C: Economics
Venue: Lecture Rooms A-E (Mini Campus)

Programme D: Finance
Venue: Centre for Remedial Studies, Ilorin Foundation Hall (Geri Alimi)

Programme E: Accounting
Venue: Lecture Theatres 1 – 4 (Main Campus)
New Science Lecture Theatre (Main Campus)
Engineering Lecture Theatre (Main Campus)
Science Lecture Rooms and Laboratories (Main Campus)

Programme F: Political Science

Programme G: Sociology

Programme H: Remedial Programme (Arts, Agric., Education, Engineering & Science

Venue: Convocation Arena (Main Campus)

DAY 2
Date: Thursday, 19th October, 2006

AGRICULTURE, SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND HEALTH SCIENCES PROGRAMMES

Group 1: Prospective candidates into College of Health Sciences:
Venue: Lecture Rooms 1&2, Institute of Education Laboratories
(Mini Campus)

Group 2: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Agriculture:
Venue: Faculty of Agriculture, Lecture Rooms (Main Campus)

Group 3: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Education:
Venue: (a) Guidance and Counselling (G&C) Lecture Room
(Main Campus)
(b) Education Technology (Main Campus)
(c) Education Science (Main Campus)

Group 4: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Engineering.
Venue: Unilorin Secondary School. (Main Campus)
Group 5: Prospective candidates into Faculty of Science

Venues: (a) Science Lecture Theatres 1-4 (main Campus)

(b) New Science Lecture Theatre (Main Campus)

(c) Engineering Lecture Theatre (Main Campus)

(d) Science Lecture Rooms (Main Campus

(e) Science Laboratories (Main Campus)

SCREENING REGISTRATION AND PROCEDURES

(a) Every candidate should visit our special website www.unilorin.edu.ng to complete and submit on - line, the registration form for screening.

(b) ON LINE: ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD PROVIDE NOT MORE THAN THEIR BEST 2 O’LEVEL RESULTS. THE TWO RESULTS SHOULD BE LISTED SEPARATELY WHERE THE RESULT OF MORE THAN ONE SITTING IS PROVIDED.

(c) IN ADDITION, EVERY CANDIDATE SHOULD PRINT OUT THE ON-LINE GENERATED FORM (3 PAGES) AND BRING ONLY THE ORIGINAL OF THE GENERATED 3 - PAGE FORM TO THE DESIGNATED SCREENING CENTRE PLUS OTHER MATERIALS LISTED BELOW. NOTHING SHOULD BE WRITTEN ON ANY SIDE OF THE 3 – PAGE FORM. ANY INSCRIPTION WILL INVALIDATE THE FORM AND DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
Screening Material

Each candidate should bring ONLY the following items to the screening Venue:

(i) The original and 2 photocopies of UME Result slip: Direct Entry candidates should bring the slip detached from the JAMB Form or Acknowledgement Card with 2 photocopies (photocopies shall be submitted at the venue of the screening);

(ii) The original and 2 photocopies of all (including O’level) results.

(iii) Four passport-size photographs with full names and JAMB Registration Number of the candidate written boldly at the back of each passport photograph; and

(iv) The original 3 – page printout from on-line registration.

N.B.

· ANY CANDIDATE WHO FAILS TO COME FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE AUTOMATICALLY FORFEITS HIS /HER CHANCE OF BEING CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.

· PROVISIONAL LIST OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES CAN BE ACCESSED ON-LINE AT A LATER DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED THROUGH THE MEDIA.

TIME: 1. Preliminaries: 9.00a.m – 10.55a.m. at the various venues.

2. Actual Screening: 11.00a.m.

For further enquiries send an email to this address: "admissions0607@unilorin.edu.ng"

Signed:
Mrs. Olufolake O. Oyeyemi
Registrar

[click to continue>>]
Re: Unilorin by olokun(m): 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2006
SO GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND SEE IT THERE.

THERE WEBSITE IS,
www.unilorin.edu.ng
Re: Unilorin by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2006
Hey Olokun.

Thank you guys for the info placed as it really helped a lot of people around me in Lagos but one thng i need to confirm now is the 1500 Naira when will the money be payed and how.

Get back please i am begonnong to get worried.

Yours Rb.

To all Uniliorin's Freshers please keep in touch on this message board after securing admission i beg.
Re: Unilorin by waddup: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2006
You are not paying any money, what u just have to do for now is just to fill an online registration form, from the unilorin website where you got the info about the post jamb test, if you are to make any payment the school authority will let you know in due time so relax and fill the form without making any mistake and prinout three copies of the confirmation page.
Re: Unilorin by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2006
hey this is to all the uniilorians,

keep this board live after securing admission, and waddup thank for the info placed. will be at ilorin on 16th and will hala at all ya.

cheers
Re: Unilorin by lakefist(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2007
please my brothers i need to get admission in to university of ilorin but i dont know anybody to help,as God has been using u guys to help the less previlege .i have already apply this year's(2007/2008) direct entry making unilorin as my first choice and my o level result is complete,my national diploma result is upper credit from banking and finance department,federal polytechnic bida niger state. you can also reachme through my e-mail address lakefist@yahoo.com
Re: Unilorin by omobolaluv(f): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2007
HELP ALL NAIRALANDER,

PLEASE WHEN WILL UNIILORIN DO THEIR POST U.M.E THIS YEAR FOR 2007.2008 STUDENT PLS ANY INFORMATION TO 08030800571/08085005677

GOD BLESS US TOGETHER

(1) (2)

A.b.u Zaria 2013/2014 Academic Session Into Basic [ijamb] And Remedial Programme / Please Mphil Or Masters Phd / NANS Protests, Accuses APC Of Being Silent Over ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.