Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,472 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Okocha Wants To Be President Of NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Wants To Be President Of NFF (438 Views)

[video] JJ Okocha: Best Freekicks Ever @ PSG Bolton Nigeria Fenerbahce Frankfurt / Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okocha Wants To Be President Of NFF by brightec(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2015
Former Super Eagles captain Austin Okocha says he has no plans of going into coaching but hopes to one day be the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“No, not for the moment. I’m more interested in the executive positions. I prefer to be the one who appoints them and tells them what to do “ was Okocha’s response when he was asked if he will one day be a coach.
Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha,

Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha,

However when asked about eyeing the NFF presidency in the future, the former Fenerbache, Bolton, PSG, Eintracht Frankfurt and Hull City playmaker responded positively to his ambition.

“Why not? Yes. In fact, I’ve just been named the chairman of the Delta State Football Association, which I’m delighted about. Who knows what the future has in store, though?”.

The Delta State FA boss made this known during an interview with fifa.com where he refused to name his favourite among the teams he played for, but picked his goal against Oliver Khan, scored in 1993 against Karlsruhe while he was playing for Eintracht Frankfurt as his most memorable.

“I was very young and I hadn’t made a name for myself yet. Klaus Toppmoller was my coach at the time and he started me on the bench for that game, which I wasn’t especially pleased about.

“We were 2-1 up when he finally decided to put me on. We were under pressure and my job was to keep the ball, but we put a break together and I suddenly found myself in the opposition penalty box with four or five defenders facing me.

“I just dribbled with the ball, going one way and then the next before putting the ball past the keeper, who was none other than Oliver Kahn.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/okocha-wants-to-be-president-of-nff/#sthash.i982B13N.dpuf

Re: Okocha Wants To Be President Of NFF by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 29, 2015
Re: Okocha Wants To Be President Of NFF by Young4jose: 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Good 4 him.........., I wish him all d best.........................!!!

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Celebrate Title For 5 Mins—mourinho / Africa’s Richest Man Reveals Plan To Buy Arsenal. / Ronaldo: I Hope Ancelotti Stays At Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.