Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years (1051 Views)

A Friend's Kind Gesture To A Stranger / 1 / Woman Gave Birth To Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by toureman(m): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
In 1999, my boss got married and our overall boss gave him a house to live in as a newly married couple to ease off his stress. The house was not totally given to him as his own neither was he asked to pay rent. He was asked to live in it free of charge. 16 years down d drain, my immediate boss did not make effort to build his own house neither did he make effort to move to another apartment. Just yesterday, my overall boss sold d house without ma boss consent nd no notice. Ma boss is running around now nd confussed where to take his family to? Kindly advise pls cos he has high BP
Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Did your overall boss owe him salary? If the answer is NO, he should get the mess'uta de house.

16 years is enough to plan his life. He can pack to an hotel if he doesn't want to build.
Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by Creamish(f): 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ur boss lacks wisdom. Now he has to pay for his folly. He prolly stepped on the toes of his boss. BTW, ur overall boss is a good guy.

D only advice I can give here is to erm..basically.. get a new place to live. grin

3 Likes

Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by tpiadotcom: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
what's the moral of the story?

ie what do you want us to take from it or what's your reason for posting.
Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by BeauHomme: 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Was your overall boss paying him his salaries all these 16years? If yes, then this thread is unnecessary. As you pointed out, he was allowed to live there to "ease his stress", stress from the marriage period. I suspect your overall boss has been expecting him to move out all this while, that may be why he sold the house(unless you know of other reasons).

Your boss should just find some money to rent a small space his family can live in the meantime, while he 'acquires wisdom' and makes better plans for a more befitting family accomodation. If he's a good man, he should have people who can help him at this challenging time of his.
Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
toureman:
In 1999, my boss got married and our overall boss gave him a house to live in as a newly married couple to ease off his stress. The house was not totally given to him as his own neither was he asked to pay rent. He was asked to live in it free of charge. 16 years down d drain, my immediate boss did not make effort to build his own house neither did he make effort to move to another apartment. Just yesterday, my overall boss sold d house without ma boss consent nd no notice. Ma boss is running around now nd confussed where to take his family to? Kindly advise pls cos he has high BP

That's the problem with free-loaders. They expect it to last forever!
Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by phabulous88(m): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Occupancy is not ownership. Your overall boss is in his rights to sell his own house. Your immediate boss is not smart, he ought to have planned for his OWN house, no matter how small it is.

Anyways, he should sell his other car and pay for an apartment.
Re: Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years by cococandy(f): 4:00am On Apr 30, 2015
Your immediate boss needs to start paying rent to the new owner. Simple.
Except the new owner doesn't want to lease.

I6yrs free house and he didn't think of using the money he would have used to pay rent to at least build 2 bedroom hut?

Did he imagine he would live there forever?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Agony Of Ladies About Marriage. / I Will Deny My Husband Sex Until He Pays His Debt / I My Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.