Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH (12037 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / I Don’t Want To Die Like This – Woman Shot, Abandoned At Luth By SARS (Pic) / Boy Attacked By Dogs Got Infection At Lasuth - Indian Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by timmilehin(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
What's the differences between the two hospitals? Who manages them, finance them etc. Lagos university teaching hospital idi araba, and Lagos state university teaching hospital lasuth. What's the similarities and differences.

Why are they both having university in their names.
Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by Mynd44: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
LASUTH: the teaching university of LASU(Lagos state university) owned and managed by the Lagos state government

LUTH: the teaching hospital of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) owned and maintained by the Federal Government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by timmilehin(m): 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mynd44:
LASUTH: the teaching university of LASU(Lagos state university) owned and managed by the Lagos state government

LUTH: the teaching hospital of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) owned and maintained by the Federal Government

Thanks. I was at lasuth today. That hospital is a master piece. I always have this believe that public hospitals are a rowdy messy place (oturkpo type lol) . I was wrong. When I got to lasuth.
Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by Lucasbalo(m): 5:34am On May 01, 2015
timmilehin:

Thanks. I was at lasuth today. That hospital is a master piece. I always have this believe that public hospitals are a rowdy messy place (oturkpo type lol) . I was wrong. When I got to lasuth.
Yes you are right. The man that turned LASUTH to a magnificent hospital was late Dr Nurudeen Olowopopo who was the chairman of LASUTH BOARD. He died in his swimming pool at his house in ikeja few years ago. He was brought from Chicago by Asiwaju Tinubu to help lagos state straighten out her medical services. He was a pediatric and gynecologist in Chicago and was a great one too. The credit of LASUTH should ho to him. Nurudeen Olowopopo street at Alausa was named after him. We miss him so much in chitown. May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by timmilehin(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Yes you are right. The man that turned LASUTH to a magnificent hospital was late Dr Nurudeen Olowopopo who was the chairman of LASUTH BOARD. He died in his swimming pool at his house in ikeja few years ago. He was brought from Chicago by Asiwaju Tinubu to help lagos state straighten out her medical services. He was a pediatric and gynecologist in Chicago and was a great one too. The credit of LASUTH should ho to him. Nurudeen Olowopopo street at Alausa was named after him. We miss him so much in chitown. May his soul rest in peace.

I think I know this man. Olowopopo. I saw his pics on ovations 6 years ago with Tinubu. I think he was celebrating his 60 years birthday or so. So he is dead really? Rip

1 Like

Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by Lucasbalo(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2015
timmilehin:

I think I know this man. Olowopopo. I saw his pics on ovations 6 years ago with Tinubu. I think he was celebrating his 60 years birthday or so. So he is dead really? Rip
Yes. That was him. Tinubu threw him a big birthday bash in Chicago when he turned 60 several years ago. He was a great doctor and more importantly , he was a great human being. He was very well known in Chicagoland because he delivered most of Nigerian babies born personally at Stroger Hospital because of his love for Nigerians. May his soul rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by Donfamous(m): 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
lasuth has more facilities than luth. luth is just living on past glory

1 Like

Re: Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH by blixxman: 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
What's the website of LUTH?

(1) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Not Mentally Stable – Psychologist / Enugu Government Completes Udi District Hospital (pictures) / Please Help! What Did You Use In Treating "Oka Ori" In Your New Born Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.