Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? (1263 Views)

Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order / This is How To Build A Computer From Scratch to Finish (Video) / I Can Help U Buy Ur Computer From Any Online Store At 224/$ Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by semasir: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello ...
I recently got an offer somewhere in a school and their computer systems are all connected to the server before it can be available for use or run any program.
Lately, the application (server) was uninstalled hence the systems cannot be used except they're connected and are just idle.
I need to know how or what to do to disable them and make them work as normal desktop computers without a computer system as server before they can be used.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by semasir: 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
RobinHez.......you sabi how far
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by kpolli(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
semasir:
Hello ...
I recently got an offer somewhere in a school and their computer systems are all connected to the server before it can be available for use or run any program.
Lately, the application (server) was uninstalled hence the systems cannot be used except they're connected and are just idle.
I need to know how or what to do to disable them and make them work as normal desktop computers without a computer system as server before they can be used.
Thanks.

Do the computers boot through HDD or PXE boot via servers?

I don't fully understand your question but gonna imagine you're implying they boot via a server....

My suggestion is open the BIOs setting (when you first boot the computer) and make sure the prefered boot option is 1st HDD before network...

Hope this helps
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by shawlxAk(m): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
semasir:
Hello ...
Thanks.

Hello, if I understand you correctly, you are trying to un-join the client machines from the server domain group? I assume that the client machines are running Windows 7 OSes. Try the following:

1. Log in to the client machine as a local administrator.

2. Right click on Computer and choose properties.

3.Click on Change Settings.

4. In the window that appears, in the Computer Name tab, click Change.

5. Select the radio button labelled Workgroup and then type Workgroup in the box.

6. Click OK. If prompted, enter the credentials of the local administrator.

I hope this helps. Pardon me if I misunderstood your question though.
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by RobinHez(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2015
semasir:
RobinHez.......you sabi how far
well the guy above me made some suggestions. I think u should try it out.
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by semasir: 8:44am On May 11, 2015
It boot via the server

kpolli:

Do the computers boot through HDD or PXE boot via servers?

I don't fully understand your question but gonna imagine you're implying they boot via a server....

My suggestion is open the BIOs setting (when you first boot the computer) and make sure the prefered boot option is 1st HDD before network...

Hope this helps
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by kpolli(m): 7:33pm On May 11, 2015
semasir:
It boot via the server

So the solution I advised earlier should work

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo S10 Ideapad With 2gb Ram 4 Quick Sale / Laptop Needed / Need Gsm Line device For Your Pabx, Ip-pbx & Intercom Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.