Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1 (635 Views)

Windows 8.1 Product Key / HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1 by praxisnetworks: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Please how do I go about it?....
I have a WIN 8.1 laptop but I need also the XP pro...is it possible to have both on the same pc with diff partitions?
If yes what are the steps to follow for optimal functioning of the system?.....
I heard its better installing the older OS first...is it true?
Or is there a way I can install XP on a partition on my current win 8.1 pc and still maintain perfect functionality...thanks

gurus...Seun, febup, prowise, jbravado,olulinks, olyjosh etal
Re: Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Please how do I go about it?....
I have a WIN 8.1 laptop but I need also the XP pro...is it possible to have both on the same pc with diff partitions?
If yes what are the steps to follow for optimal functioning of the system?.....
I heard its better installing the older OS first...is it true?
Or is there a way I can install XP on a partition on my current win 8.1 pc and still maintain perfect functionality...thanks
gurus...Seun, febup, prowise, jbravado,olulinks, olyjosh etal

For me I just Installed Oracle Virtual Box on my pc and you can install any other operating system and as many as you like onto Oracle Virtual Box. But you need from 8gb ram to enable you program to run faster.

You can download Installed Oracle Virtual Box at this link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html
Re: Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1 by praxisnetworks: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
I have just 2G Ram.... any other option sir?

Febup:

For me I just Installed Oracle Virtual Box on my pc and you can install any other operating system and as many as you like onto Oracle Virtual Box. But you need from 8gb ram to enable you program to run faster.

You can download Installed Oracle Virtual Box at this link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html
Re: Installing A XP Pro As 2nd OS After Win 8.1 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Another option is to run Windows 7 from a usb flash drive, see intsruction below, though I have not tried this before but this method might work for you.

Requirements to install Windows 7 on USB:

# An USB flash drive with a minimum of 6 GB disk space to install Windows 7 or Vista. You can use a 4 GB drive to install XP.

# Bootable Windows 7 USB or DVD.

# Free time

So let’s begin with the installing Windows 7 on USB procedure:

1. First of all, connect your USB to the machine and backup all the data from the USB drive.

2. Download VirtualBox portable, double-click on the executable file and extract the contents to your USB from this link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html

install windows 7 on usb:

3. Now, go to the VirtualBox portable folder in USB, and execute the Portable-VirtualBox (.exe) file.

4. From here onwards, you need to follow the onscreen procedure to create a virtual disk and install Windows 7 on USB. Follow the install Windows 7 on VirtualBox guide to complete the process.

5. Once you finish the installation process, you can safely close VirtualBox and remove your USB drive.

6. You can now use this Windows 7 USB drive on any Windows machine that you want. To use Windows 7 on other machine, connect the Windows 7 USB, open USB drive, and run portable-VirtualBox file.

Source: http://www.intowindows.com/install-windows-7-on-usb/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: Web Designer / Is This Legal In Blogging / Pls!!! What To Do, Ethical Hacking And Don't Know Where To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.