Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

I Need Your Help; Career Wise. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Your Help; Career Wise. (939 Views)

I Scored 228 In Jamb- I Need Your Help Nairalanders / PLEASE HELP: Career Advice Needed Urgently / ESSAY: Use This Wise Saying To Form Your Essay "The Early Bird Catches The Worm" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Chuksemi(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2015
When passion meets work, the chore becomes easy~unknown

I am yet to make a decision on which career part to choose. And, I feel this is taking its toll on me, I've lost interest in studies and started mixing with the wrong crowd.
First, I don't have passion for anything in particular. If I want to be a business man today and I see a successful boxer tomorrow, then I want to be a boxer too. I am that confused.
Talents, don't know if I have any except, maybe, Public speaking and good communication skills. I am very successful academically too.
I am very interested in being rich and very successful. I want to be great but I don't know which career path to choose.
I am currently studying a business course in a Nigerian university. I need your advice on which career path to choose or how to choose one and stick with it. Thank you.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Chuksemi(m): 11:14am On May 01, 2015
cc. Jarus xfire caracta ishilove larrysun
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Chuksemi(m): 11:16am On May 01, 2015
masonkz(m), SeanXavier(m), giantimpact(m), BuddhaPalm(m), MizMyColi(f), MyNaijaNaira(m), Businesstools(m), dav8id(m), Ymodulus, Rapsainot(m), OohMpa, Caracta(f), AmiableJay (m), firestar(f), OMA4U(m), timpaker(m), mcrings(m), MisterLongman(m), Chubhie(m), Onegai(f), Seun(m), Jamesdman (m), Ishilove, SpaceGoat, (m), ProfessorD(m), mysticgal(f), RaggedyAnn(f), geekybabe(f), kel2me(m), yemi2plus(m), imsuboi(m), checoanto(f), ogtavia(m), MizSammy(f), Redmosquito(m), ortopazz(m), kofsy, yuzedo, Basic (m), Nattyguy50(m)
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by imsuboi(m): 11:19am On May 01, 2015
Brb.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Jarus(m): 11:26am On May 01, 2015
I can only advise if you give a range of options of careers that interest you. With the open, boundless narration you made up there, not sure I can help.

On being rich, i'm not in a position to advise how to be rich. But I know you can be rich from any career.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by LarrySun(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2015
I'm not a career counsellor, all I can say is that wealth does not really guarantee happiness. But as they say, it is better to cry in a private jet.

The truth is, anything that makes you happy each time you do it will most probably make you successful. If boxing does not make you happy, you may only end up sustaining injuries and constant swelling of the face for nothing.

You said you have a good communication skill and public speaking? Then, you may choose a career in public speaking (provided you enjoy doing it). However, if you have discovered that thing that makes you happy, always aspire to be the best at it.

God bless you, sir. I wish to see you at the top of the ladder someday.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Caracta(f): 11:43am On May 01, 2015
Concentrate on your studies. Earn a good degree. Along the line, you would discover where your interest lies. With a good degree, you have better opportunities. Public speaking is good. It builds your confidence. You can talk your way through almost anything.

You want to be rich? There is no rule to that. Love what you do, do it well and be happy.

As for discovering your talent(s), find out what you do comfortably well without pressure.

I used to think I had no passion in anything too until an opportunity came and I discovered that part of me. Be patient. What do you talk about with fire in your eyes? What is that thing you feel strongly for? Time will tell.

You can make a career out of anything.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by jaybee3(m): 11:59am On May 01, 2015
You are obviously motivated by money hence the reason why you are impatient follow through with your set goals

You need to set realistic targets as a young man
Your motivation will come from being able to achieve the realistic targets and that will continue spurring you on to achieve greater height

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Chuksemi(m): 12:00pm On May 01, 2015
Jarus:
I can only advise if you give a range of options of careers that interest you. With the open, boundless narration you made up there, not sure I can help.

On being rich, i'm not in a position to advise how to be rich. But I know you can be rich from any career.
Thank you. Careers that interest me? Lecturing(I am discouraged here due to salary scale) and Working in a multinational, as an accountant or any other business related post.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by MizMyColi(f): 12:05pm On May 01, 2015
The wrong crowd is not an effect.
It's a cause.

You should consider pulling away from this wrong crowd you talk about. Their negativity is the source of your confusion and identity crisis.

The fact that you want to do different things at a time is a pointer that you might be multitalented, hence your attention deficit.

I've been where you are now, and all the mires and confusion, including the tough lessons I had to undergo pretty much helped me decipher where I want to be.
What I really wanna do.

It'll get better. Time is your only arbiter.

You might wanna get yourself back on track as per your studies, keep living, keep learning....purge out negative energies, listen to music, just do things that'll help you feel balanced and one with your environment.
The inspiration you need'll come.
The direction you seek, you'll find.

Remember, if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing well.
smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Chuksemi(m): 12:09pm On May 01, 2015
LarrySun:
I'm not a career counsellor.
Thank you, sir. Thing is, I don't have passion for anything in particular.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Caracta(f): 12:58pm On May 01, 2015
Chuksemi:

Thank you. Careers that interest me? Lecturing(I am discouraged here due to salary scale) and Working in a multinational, as an accountant or any other business related post.

You are definitely passionate about making money. Life doesn't work that way. This is why people engage in criminal activities.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by firestar(f): 2:50pm On May 01, 2015
Did you get my PM?

You have to work efficiently. And think differently.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Chuksemi(m): 11:25am On May 02, 2015
firestar:
Did you get my PM?
You have to work efficiently. And think differently.
Thank you. I got it.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 03, 2015
Wondering why I was tagged here though? undecided

"Talents, don't know if I have any except, maybe, Public speaking and good communication skills"

There lies your tow line... at least we can scrap off working as a back office staff or something related.

Look into marketing then...and oh, marketing is different from sales please. Just that many Nigerian organisations tend to mix them both. hence the distinction from Business Development and Sales.

Goodluck...and like someone said, get those good grades coming. You'd be surprised what you can do with them after school.
Re: I Need Your Help; Career Wise. by timpaker(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2015
Chuksemi:
When passion meets work, the chore becomes easy~unknown

I am yet to make a decision on which career part to choose. And, I feel this is taking its toll on me, I've lost interest in studies and started mixing with the wrong crowd.
First, I don't have passion for anything in particular. If I want to be a business man today and I see a successful boxer tomorrow, then I want to be a boxer too. I am that confused.
Talents, don't know if I have any except, maybe, Public speaking and good communication skills. (At times, talents can translate to hobbies, so IMO, I think you should try and develop it and apply it in your field/discipline) I am very successful academically too.
I am very interested in being rich and very successful. I want to be great but I don't know which career path to choose.(To me being rich depends on how well you maximize your time, your opportunity and activity; and bn great also depends on the service you render and the impact you have on humanity cuz great men are known by their works. Your greatness can start from what you do in your school, place of worship, social activities et al).
I am currently studying a business course in a Nigerian university. I need your advice on which career path to choose or how to choose one and stick with it. (From what you've writing so far, I think you have passion for business, however i'd advise that you should try and apply your 'talents' in your academics and also think of a service you can render or improve in the contemporary society. With my little opinion i think i've bn able to help.) Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ado-ekiti (UNAD) 2015/2016 Admission Is Currently Going On Now / WAEC May/june 2016 Registration. / Inspiration From Thomas Edison's Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.