Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo (1409 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by illiad: 5:12pm On May 01, 2015
My Urhobo Neighbor Is Threatening His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo!

It was workers day and everyone was at home. So the men gathered and ordered for drinks and we all sit and drank SMS joked and argued and played, ordering drinks one after the other. Then along the line came the argument of identity and I ask my neighbor which is his tribe. At first he was reluctant not being bold enough to represent his tribe. So I told him proudly that I am Igbo from one of the south eastern states. That was when he summoned courage to say he was Urhobo.

I said Ok and asked him where the Urhobos migrated from. He could not answer. So I told him that the Urhobo are from the bini kingdom, that they are probably a part of slaves who escaped from bini kingdom. He said the binis actually came out of Urhobo. I insisted that binis have even a deeper historic existence than the Urhobo who have no known history at all. That it is not possible for the bini kingdom to have emanated from the urhobo people with such a historic background while the Urhobos have no know recorded history.

Later the argument moved to niger delta. And I told him that half of niger delta is Igbo. He said his wife is agbor and niger delta but not Igbo.

So I told him to call his wife. That if his wife could come out here where I am seated and say to my hearing that she is not an Igbo woman I would wash my hands off the argument and wish her well in her new found identity.

He brought out his phone and started calling his wife. Though his apartment was only a few yards from where we were seated. Meaning he could just have called out the wife from where we were seated.

After calling for a while and the wife didn't come out we continued on other arguments until suddenly then wife
Came out. Then I asked the man to be the one to ask his wife the Question. So confidently he ask his wife saying 'are you Igbo?' And the wife responded "Before nko, I be Urhobo, abi i be huasa? I am Igbo. Which kind question you dey ask me?" The man was visibly angry, so he stood up and called the wife aside and begin to ask her again and the woman was rather pissed-off because she kept saying to the husband "shey you no know say I be Igbo before? Are you saying I should deny where I come from?"

Before you know o, this Urhobo man begin to threaten the wife. The woman just dey look the man in utter dismay. I was so pissed off. And I told the guy that he is an illiterate because I don't see why he would want his wife to deny her ancestry.

Pls we Igbos should do something to keep our brothers and sisters across the niger together before urhobo&itshekiri rewrite their history.

Please I want everyone from Agbor to come up here and declare his or her ancestry.

Please yorubas wannabes should keep off with their cloned identities.
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by Chanchit: 5:15pm On May 01, 2015
Just listen to yourself. After all of them come mark register now, wetin go happen? You go go give ur neighbour to sign on top am?
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by tpiadotcom: 5:34pm On May 01, 2015
perhaps he is distributing money.
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by tobtap: 5:54pm On May 01, 2015
well my ex is from agbor and she understands igbo but claims they are not ibos... but from my research and her stories most of them are not originally ibos but migrated from benin(based on their SURNAMES).her surname sound more edoISH/urhobo/ishekiri than ibo...she doesnt like been called ibo though... kinda funny
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 01, 2015
Hmm, and y were u arguing bout dis in d firstinstance? Is it till one of u breaks d other's head with a bottle b4 u stop?
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by illiad: 9:32pm On May 01, 2015
qbd2:
Hmm, and y were u arguing bout dis in d firstinstance? Is it till one of u breaks d other's head with a bottle b4 u stop?

For me I just wanted the woman to use her mouth and tell us who she is and had she said she is not Igbo I would have been contented because personally I just wanted to hear from her because I have been hearing stories about people who speak igbo bear igbo name and come out to say they're from togo or sokoto.
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by tonychristopher: 12:39am On May 02, 2015
tobtap:
well my ex is from agbor and she understands igbo but claims they are not ibos... but from my research and her stories most of them are not originally ibos but migrated from benin(based on their SURNAMES).her surname sound more edoISH/urhobo/ishekiri than ibo...she doesnt like been called ibo though... kinda funny

IN AGBOR THERE ARE PURE BLOODS THEIR AND WE HAVE PEOPLE THAT SOUGHT REFUGEES FROM BENIN AND YOUR EX WAS PART OF THE LATTER. THEY ARE NOT PURE BLOODS BUT WE HAVE PURE BLOODS IN AGBOR AND THEY ARE IGBO FROM THEIR KING

BUT LIKE YOUR EX THEY ARE CALLED FAKE IGBOS
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by tonychristopher: 12:45am On May 02, 2015
illiad:
My Urhobo Neighbor Is Threatening His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo!

It was workers day and everyone was at home. So the men gathered and ordered for drinks and we all sit and drank SMS joked and argued and played, ordering drinks one after the other. Then along the line came the argument of identity and I ask my neighbor which is his tribe. At first he was reluctant not being bold enough to represent his tribe. So I told him proudly that I am Igbo from one of the south eastern states. That was when he summoned courage to say he was Urhobo.

I said Ok and asked him where the Urhobos migrated from. He could not answer. So I told him that the Urhobo are from the bini kingdom, that they are probably a part of slaves who escaped from bini kingdom. He said the binis actually came out of Urhobo. I insisted that binis have even a deeper historic existence than the Urhobo who have no known history at all. That it is not possible for the bini kingdom to have emanated from the urhobo people with such a historic background while the Urhobos have no know recorded history.

Later the argument moved to niger delta. And I told him that half of niger delta is Igbo. He said his wife is agbor and niger delta but not Igbo.

So I told him to call his wife. That if his wife could come out here where I am seated and say to my hearing that she is not an Igbo woman I would wash my hands off the argument and wish her well in her new found identity.

He brought out his phone and started calling his wife. Though his apartment was only a few yards from where we were seated. Meaning he could just have called out the wife from where we were seated.

After calling for a while and the wife didn't come out we continued on other arguments until suddenly then wife
Came out. Then I asked the man to be the one to ask his wife the Question. So confidently he ask his wife saying 'are you Igbo?' And the wife responded "Before nko, I be Urhobo, abi i be huasa? I am Igbo. Which kind question you dey ask me?" The man was visibly angry, so he stood up and called the wife aside and begin to ask her again and the woman was rather pissed-off because she kept saying to the husband "shey you no know say I be Igbo before? Are you saying I should deny where I come from?"

Before you know o, this Urhobo man begin to threaten the wife. The woman just dey look the man in utter dismay. I was so pissed off. And I told the guy that he is an illiterate because I don't see why he would want his wife to deny her ancestry.

Pls we Igbos should do something to keep our brothers and sisters across the niger together before urhobo&itshekiri rewrite their history.

Please I want everyone from Agbor to come up here and declare his or her ancestry.

Please yorubas wannabes should keep off with their cloned identities.

IBOS ARE AGBOR AND AGBOR IS IGBO WHY THREATEN THE WOMAN

ONE OF THE TRIBES I DETEST IS SOBO...THAT IS URHOBO AND ISOKO
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by illiad: 1:45am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

IBOS ARE AGBOR AND AGBOR IS IGBO WHY THREATEN THE WOMAN

ONE OF THE TRIBES I DETEST IS SOBO...THAT IS URHOBO AND ISOKO

My Brother I just felt sorry for the wife. I told the guy that it is not his fault maybe them dash am the woman so im no no her value. I tell am say them never born am well make e come south east come marry woman come dey treat am like that. In fact I even tell the guy say no be im type they marry Igbo woman. I kept asking him why he didn't marry urhobo woman. Every Nigerian wants to marry an Igbo woman, as if that's not enough this SOBO man want to convert an Igbo woman to sobo

Men these Sobo people are really pathetic.
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by tonychristopher: 7:46am On May 02, 2015
illiad:

My Brother I just felt sorry for the wife. I told the guy that it is not his fault maybe them dash am the woman so im no no her value. I tell am say them never born am well make e come south east come marry woman come dey treat am like that. In fact I even tell the guy say no be im type they marry Igbo woman. I kept asking him why he didn't marry urhobo woman. Every Nigerian wants to marry an Igbo woman, as if that's not enough this SOBO man want to convert an Igbo woman to sobo

Men these Sobo people are really pathetic.

why is it that most of these sobo people are ashamed to say. their tribes ...their hatred for igbo is terrible

They want to carry asaba to warri ...they don't like airport atasaba
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by illiad: 8:50am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

why is it that most of these sobo people are ashamed to say. their tribes ...their hatred for igbo is terrible

They want to carry asaba to warri ...they don't like airport atasaba

I am just discovering how loathsome they are. Shameless people
Re: My Urhobo Neighbor Threaten His Agbor Wife, Because She Insisted She Is Igbo by tonychristopher: 8:53am On May 02, 2015
illiad:

I am just discovering how loathsome they are. Shameless people

I have lived in warri

I know them well

(1) (Reply)

Oluwa Mi, Emi O Jebi O....Ni Orin Ti Saraki Fi S'enu Ni Ile Igbejo / Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch / Adire Mall Abeokuta- For The Love Of African Print

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.