Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible (2409 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by onila(f): 8:15pm On May 01, 2015
my first time making puffpuff came out horrible

instead of the puffpuff to come out round, fluffy n puffy.. it came out flat like pancake
there is always a next time
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by banjicom(m): 9:05pm On May 01, 2015
cheesy chai! I sure say na only u go chop ur Puffpuff o, anyway practice makes perfect just keep on frying cheesy

1 Like

Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by onila(f): 9:45pm On May 01, 2015
banjicom:
cheesy chai! I sure say na only u go chop ur Puffpuff o, anyway practice makes perfect just keep on frying cheesy
thanks for the encouragement smiley
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Emmyk(m): 11:24pm On May 01, 2015
Pictures or you know the drill. undecided

1 Like

Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Godmother(f): 7:04pm On May 02, 2015
Op just eat it with family members. Those are usually the best tasting snacks grin . My sister bakes and if I tell u the types of funny funny snacks we ate back then ehn you will laugh your heart out. Now shes a pro, doing small chops and all whatsnot for weddings
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Deiok(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2015
I thought i saw ''i finally pop my cherry''.
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Seun(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2015
Picture?
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by koboko69: 9:56pm On May 02, 2015
Seun:
Picture?

My guy...wetin dey happen na. Every day my times spent online go dey dissapear. Wetin I do NL na. Now na 2 hrs? na today I register ni? Meanwhile na like 2 months e suppise be.
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Begonia(m): 11:01pm On May 02, 2015
You should have posted pictures of the horrible puff puff.
Anyway, if they actually came out looking like pancakes, it means you didn't put enough yeast smiley
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by ibizgirl(f): 11:23pm On May 02, 2015
Did your puffpuff barter rise before you fried it? If no the yeast you used was flat. What recipe did you use?
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by grimandevil: 7:36am On May 03, 2015
onila:

instead of the puffpuff to come out round, fluffy n puffy.. it came out flat like pancake

Did u dip fry ? If no that's why. You don't fry puffpuff with same kinda oil level as frying egg.
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by tchiwinnie: 3:02pm On May 05, 2015
onila:

Did u prove ur yeast b4 using?
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Nmeri17: 7:46pm On May 05, 2015
Deiok:
I thought i saw ''i finally pop my cherry''.
I could swear I saw the same thing too cheesy cheesy
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Yesinde(f): 9:12pm On May 05, 2015
banjicom:
grin don't give, keep on frying...
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by babythug(f): 12:19pm On May 06, 2015
Sorry about that.... it happens to the best of cooks/chefs worldwide wink

It's possible there was too much water in the mixture and perhaps not enough yeast. Did u mix with warm water as against cold water? Also was the oil for frying deep* and hot enough?

Do share your recipe and steps maybe we can retrace to the point of error!

*hugs*
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:37pm On May 06, 2015
pictures
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by dimusky: 6:13pm On May 09, 2015
Maybe u used a spoon to put d batter into d hot oil for frying. Next time, use ur clean hands and tk d batter, dn clench d hand with d batter and squeeze batter into d hot oil. I.e ( as if u are using a piping bag to pipe in icing on a cake) It's actually very easy to do and will gv u regular shaped puff-puff.
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Love800(m): 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
Goodevening sis.
I want to ask.
Is ur sister still into dis?
Godmother:
Op just eat it with family members. Those are usually the best tasting snacks grin . My sister bakes and if I tell u the types of funny funny snacks we ate back then ehn you will laugh your heart out. Now shes a pro, doing small chops and all whatsnot for weddings

1 Like

Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Godmother(f): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love800:
Goodevening sis.
I want to ask.
Is ur sister still into dis?

Yes, she is and she's improved so so tremendously.
Re: Today--my First Time Making Puffpuff Came Out Horrible by Love800(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
Ok.
But wat does she do exactly? Does she wait till they call her for events or she do supplys to stalls, stores, shops?

And how did she start? Was she frying puff puff at a roadside b4?

Wat do she fry or sell exactly? Is it only puff puff?

Am asking these questions because i intend doing this buisness too.
Godmother:

Yes, she is and she's improved so so tremendously.

(1) (Reply)

Egg Rolls / The Different Types Of Nigerian Kilishi / 5 Foods You Should Never Eat If You Are Age 40 And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.