Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Breaking News: Rio Ferdinand's Wife Has Died After A Short Battle With Cancer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: Rio Ferdinand's Wife Has Died After A Short Battle With Cancer (561 Views)

Gemma Ehiogu, Wife Of Ugo Ehiogu Who Died After Suffering Heart Attack (Photos) / Rio 2016: Egyptians Wear Hijab While Playing Volleyball With Germany / Sad News! Rio Ferdinand's Wife Rebecca Ellison Dies From Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Rio Ferdinand's Wife Has Died After A Short Battle With Cancer by ashile(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2015
Former England captain Rio Ferdinand's wife Rebecca has died after a short battle with cancer.

The former Manchester United defender announced the tragic news this morning.

'She will be missed as a wife, sister, aunt, daughter and granddaughter. She will live on in our memory, as a guide and inspiration.

'Myself, my parents Janice and Julian, along with Rebecca's parents Lesley and Stephen, would like to thank our families, friends and my club colleagues who have rallied around in these desperate days, weeks and months.

'I would also like to express my gratitude for the dedication and expertise of the staff led by Professors Johnstone and Clarke at the Royal Marsden. Their valiant efforts to prolong Rebecca's all-too-short life will not be forgotten.

'Our grief, as a family, is total. We would appreciate being allowed to mourn privately.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065182/Rio-Ferdinand-s-wife-died-short-battle-cancer.html#ixzz3YyN3MVpE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In a statement on the QPR website, Rio said that his 'soulmate has slipped away'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065182/Rio-Ferdinand-s-wife-died-short-battle-cancer.html#ixzz3YyMyHjTF
Re: Breaking News: Rio Ferdinand's Wife Has Died After A Short Battle With Cancer by Dessyguy(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2015
So sad.
Re: Breaking News: Rio Ferdinand's Wife Has Died After A Short Battle With Cancer by SuperSuave(m): 11:08am On May 02, 2015
So sad. Man united shouldn't neglect Rio, he was a good player. #GGMU

(1) (Reply)

Rely On Solar Power Energy/ Cctv Installation And Training In Phc... View Pics / If Real Madrid Beat Juventus I Will Trekk To Bernabeu Today / Maradona To Run For FIFA Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.