Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

I Need True Answer To This Question! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Need True Answer To This Question! (628 Views)

Please I Need A Genuine Answer To This... / The Theocracy Of Guardian Deities- The Only Answer To Spiritual Fascism. / Who Can Give Good Answer TO This QUESTION? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need True Answer To This Question! by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 02, 2015
Why is it dat ibo people are recognise faster and quickly among yoruba people... Expect language speaking.
Re: I Need True Answer To This Question! by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 02, 2015
Pls rephrase in plain English! Please!

1 Like

Re: I Need True Answer To This Question! by absoluteSuccess: 1:17pm On May 02, 2015
Trayoralas:
Why is it dat ibo people are recognise faster and quickly among yoruba people... Expect language speaking.

Why is it so easy to recognize an Ibo person among Yoruba crowd other than the language?

Sometimes it is easy, and sometimes it is not.

Some Igbo speaks the Yoruba language just like the Yoruba, you cannot pick them out of Yoruba crowd, no: while some have difficulty with Yoruba intonations, such that a good listener will suspect they are not true Yoruba, that is, if they fail to pronounce their homophones properly.

Also, there is 'typical Igbo face' and there is 'typical Yoruba face'. If you are used to this, once you see an individual with typical igbo face among Yoruba, you speak 'broken' to that person and if you are correct, he will respond to you as one.

But without the typical Igbo face, you would have passed hundred Igbos on your way without knowing if they are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc.
Re: I Need True Answer To This Question! by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 02, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

Why is it so easy to recognize an Ibo person among Yoruba crowd other than the language?

Sometimes it is easy, and sometimes it is not.

Some Igbo speaks the Yoruba language just like the Yoruba, you cannot pick them out of Yoruba crowd, no: while some have difficulty with Yoruba intonations, such that a good listener will suspect they are not true Yoruba, that is, if they fail to pronounce their homophones properly.

Also, there is 'typical Igbo face' and there is 'typical Yoruba face'. If you are used to this, once you see an individual with typical igbo face among Yoruba, you speak 'broken' to that person and if you are correct, he will respond to you as one.

But without the typical Igbo face, you would have passed hundred Igbos on your way without knowing if they are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc.

thanks alot my brother
Re: I Need True Answer To This Question! by absoluteSuccess: 2:00pm On May 02, 2015
Trayoralas:
thanks alot my brother
One love buddy.

(1) (Reply)

Size Of Man Before / Emir Of Kano Marries Lamido Of Adamawa’s Daughter / Yoruba Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.