Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? (1016 Views)

Google’s Best New Features Are In Apps, Not Android. / Playstore And Google Powered Apps Not Connecting To Network / The Most Widely Accepted Smartphone Of 2015... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Wittylens(m): 6:08pm On May 03, 2015
We all know there are talented developers in this country but for some reasons, their apps don't seem to do well. Nigerians barely download local apps not to talk of use them.

What do you think is the problem?

Lack of publicity? Lack of creativity? Or reluctance on the part of nigerians?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by seunlayi(m): 6:11pm On May 03, 2015
when there are better developers outside the country

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Wittylens(m): 6:13pm On May 03, 2015
In my opinion I think it's because the developers aren't creative enough.. They have not developed useful apps that will require daily useage.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by UchihaItachi(m): 6:20pm On May 03, 2015
Give us something new and we'll download it regardless of where the developer is from..hmm!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by hahn(m): 6:36pm On May 03, 2015
We still have a loooooooooooong way to go

The smart developers don't have enough electricity to work and develop better apps. The major problem with creativity in Nigeria is we are still struggling to solve irrelevnt issues. Imagine a programmer queueing at a petrol station for 6hours only to come home and there's no power, your network connection is slow etc

The foundation of this country really doesn't support creativity. Everyone is looking for quick money thus would rather imitate whatever is making waves at the moment

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by jamex93(m): 6:51pm On May 03, 2015
this one na big question
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by bigtt76(f): 6:52pm On May 03, 2015
Local app developers tend to be too pompous and not ready to listen to criticism. They always feel on top of the world even when trying to engage their services angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 03, 2015
because they are not good

#team white
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Whizpeter(m): 8:21pm On May 03, 2015
Question for the gods... angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Wittylens(m): 8:24pm On May 03, 2015
Whizpeter:
Question for the gods... angry

Please contact the gods. We need answer
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Wittylens(m): 8:29pm On May 03, 2015
hahn:
We still have a loooooooooooong way to go

The smart developers don't have enough electricity to work and develop better apps. The major problem with creativity in Nigeria is we are still struggling to solve irrelevnt issues. Imagine a programmer queueing at a petrol station for 6hours only to come home and there's no power, your network connection is slow etc

The foundation of this country really doesn't support creativity. Everyone is looking for quick money thus would rather imitate whatever is making waves at the moment

Those are flimsy excuses. Even if you provide them with 24/7 electricity , Free wiFi internet , they will still develop crap.

This weekend , I burnt over 1.5GB downloading Nigerian Apps. They were far below my expectation. Some had poor UI while some are completely useless. Okadabooks , Topup Genie and Union Vibe Quiz are the only ones I found Useful.

Maybe Nigerian Developers are half Baked.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Whizpeter(m): 8:47pm On May 03, 2015
Wittylens:

Please contact the gods. We need answer
I'd do just that... grin grin

Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by hahn(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2015
Wittylens:

Those are flimsy excuses. Even if you provide them with 24/7 electricity , Free wiFi internet , they will still develop crap.

This weekend , I burnt over 1.5GB downloading Nigerian Apps. They were far below my expectation. Some had poor UI while some are completely useless. Okadabooks , Topup Genie and Union Vibe Quiz are the only ones I found Useful.

Maybe Nigerian Developers are half Baked.

Maybe Nigerian developers are half baked. That might be true and is probably 60% of the problem

Apparently, you don't live in this country or you'd understand those aren't flimsy excuses but the reality on ground. You should come and live here for a while, not in an hotel, and you might begin to understand.

That said, there's no excuse for failure
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by SirLewis(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2015
Even if they did, if they were paid apps or had in-app purchase features, trust Nigerians nobody would pay or even download them. Our prejudice that home made or created ideas are inferior and "local" compared to foreign ones isn't encouraging either.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Apps Not Widely Accepted??? by Warlord3000(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2015
Hmmm interesting

(1) (Reply)

My Android Phone Function By Itself Some Times Without Touching It / Vernee Thor / Tecno Released Another Device, Tecno L8 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.