Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,428 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos (685 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos by whatx: 7:33pm On May 03, 2015
This topic is intended to guide prospective tenants and buyers against dealings with deceitful, fraudulent, derailing landlords and property owners in Lagos.

Details should be in the below format:
1. Address of the property (as detailed as possible).
2. Specification of the property.
3. Inherited issues with the property.
4. Formats used by the property owner to lure and deceive victims.
5. Names of accomplist/agents/firm involved in the dealings.

NB Names of property owners must not be mentioned.

You are free to create similar Worst Property/Landlord Ever (WoPLE) trend relevant to your locality, kindly quote "inspired by whatx"
Re: Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos by whatx: 8:34pm On May 03, 2015
This topic was actually inspired by past experience in the hand of a fraudulent landlord and his accomplist.

1. Address: 13 Oyewole road, ilupeju/mushin area, Lagos. (A white story building with bakery at the front after Adegoyega bustop, ilupeju/mushin area).

2. The compound is owned by a former wealthy Yoruba politician who is well connected and as such feels no one can touch him. He currently has no job and as such milk his tenants in anyway possible.
Compound has two unit of a storey building in it, while one house the landlord, and two tenants ( 2 unit of self contain), the other house 3 tenants, 2 on the ground floor and 1 above(a 2 bedroom flat upstair, 2 units of self contain down stair).

3. Property is owned by a convict (NB: not ex-convict). You can Google the address up.
Landlord leaves in compound, secretly.
No constant water, no storage tank.
Constant demand for money by landlord.
Illegal connection.

4. The landllord uses agents to lure their victims, on the day of your visit the landlord will ensure that the water is flowing, this he does through the wife/children who will ensure the pumping machine will be running throughout your visit.

Throughout this period you will be able to communicate the landlord only through phone, as he will direct you to his wife or siblings who are fellow partners in crime. he will claim he travelled until after you have paid to his account, parked in and he has seen that phone conversation can no longer squeeze money from you.

The agent will then tell you that the landlord ensures water runs 24/7 irrespective of nepa supply and as such a fee is charge for such service.

Also you will be asked to make a down payment for electricity which you can negotiate since it's only one meter attached to the compound. The amount charged is normally reasonable, But the truth is that the compound runs on illegal connection, no bill has ever been paid throughout my stay in the compound.

5. Ade was the name of the agent who gave me the place. Although he was just after his agency fee and does not care if he is renting me a war front.

Well i tank God for my life that i have pack out of that place, i only pity the people i left behind and anyone who may have replaced me.

The only thing i can do to avoid others from falling victim is this, let the world know.

Stay off No. 13 Oyewole road, he collects rent even when there is no vacancy.

1 Like

Re: Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos by whatx: 10:11am On May 04, 2015
Re: Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos by whatx: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2017
Re: Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos by whatx: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2017
Re: Worst Property/landlord Ever (wople)- Lagos by whatx: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Tastefully & Very Big 3bedroom Flat To Let @ Alapere All En Suit 600k X1yr Only / Land For Sale In Sango Area Ogun State / Furnished Flat For Rent In Akowonjo (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.