Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Do Pastors Fall Sick? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (13182 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons? / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Pastors Fall Sick? by stillkay(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2006
I want to know if Pastors fall sick?

(especially the ones people percieved to be original)

I want to know the forum's view about this.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by queen2(f): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2006
they fall sick, but i don't think they show it so people will know they feel sick
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by stillkay(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2006
Though they claim that children of God don't fall sick,which i believe according to the bible.

I believe their pretence is a sin undecided
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2006
Real Pastors don't fall sick. Only fake pastors do.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Seun(m): 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2006
KDK:

Can you name some "real pastors" you know? I want to show you that you're wrong!
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by queen2(f): 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2006
KDK:

like dey aint human beings too
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2006
Seun:

Can you name some "real pastors" you know? I want to how you that you're wrong!

ME!!!  I have never fallen sick for the past 10yrs since entering a covenant with the Ancient of Days. EXODUS 23:25-26. JESUS paid the PRICES for all my imperfections (including sicknesses)   on the CROSS . cool

queen2:

like dey aint human beings too
We ain't human beings. We are gods! Sons of the Most High GOD (Psalm 82:6 ) if you don't know, now you know! grin

Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by rotbog(m): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2006
No. They are not Human. shocked shocked
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by otokx(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2006
some pastors when they fall sick, they call it symptoms and they do not take medicine but pray eventually getting well.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Ynot(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2006
ME!!! I have never fallen sick for the past 10yrs since entering a covenant with the ancient of days. EXODUS 23:25-26. JESUS paid the PRICES fr all my imperfections (including) sicknesses on the CROSS.

Yeah right. Next you will try to convince us you are not going to die, ever.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by candylips(m): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2006
duh they are human beigns u know sad
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by dipotepede(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2006
"Do pastors fall sick?"

This thread is uncalled for.

You must ask yourself what is the difference between a pastor and yourself?

When you see the difference, then I wonder why this thread.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Highbury(m): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2006
LoL, every1 gets sick
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2006
dipotepede:

"Do pastors fall sick?"

This thread is uncalled for.

You must ask yourself what is the difference between a pastor and yourself?

When you see the difference, then I wonder why this thread.

Thank you o o o @ dipotepede. Abeg help me tell dem grin
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Coco29(f): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

wtf my dad is a pastor and he has been sick, he was at death door but he got better.

prove that god heals the sick? or prove that he is fake
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Ghettogyal(f): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2006
Pastors should never say that they are GODS, otherwise people will start to bow down to them as idols. let me preach to you a litle bit GOD talk to people through Pastors and other ways u should know that if you're a real pastor. Pastors can fall sick as well but they just avoid the sikness. after all we r all human beings and we have all been created by the same GOD. And just remember that our GOD is the only most high GOD and no one repeat no one can be compared to him. hope u understand me. angry angry angry
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2006
Coco29:

wtf my dad is a pastor and he has been sick, he was at death door but he got better.

prove that god heals the sick? or prove that he is fake

@COCO29
I wouldn't want to go into the reasons y your dad fell/falls ill even though he is a pastor. It's a sensitive issue and not meant for public view; however the fact remains that he is not meant to be ill. Healing is meant for a particular set of people (again , I wouldn't want to go deep into it). If you want us to iron this issue out, my details are on my profile.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Coco29(f): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2006
i am not afraid to tell u why my dad got sick, it has only ever been once , and i must tell u that was a time when our family was being tested.

i know longer believe, that the bible is the truth (my dad would roll over dead if he heard me say that but it is the truth, the bible was doctored to control slaves, i believe in THE MOST HIGH just not the one in the bible.

i make it a habit not to discuss THE MOST HIGH with any one however just because you are a so call messenger of god that does not make you god.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2006
@COCO29,
Could we please discuss this privately please. Your dad has only been sick once goes a long way to tell you that he is a god. However, this is not the place to discuss it, I am begging you please to send me a private message via e-mail or messenger so that we can talk at length. PLEASE!!!
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2006
Ghettogyal:

Pastors should never say that they are GODS, otherwise people will start to bow down to them as idols. let me preach to you a litle bit GOD talk to people through Pastors and other ways u should know that if you're a real pastor. Pastors can fall sick as well but they just avoid the sikness. after all we r all human beings and we have all been created by the same GOD. And just remember that our GOD is the only most high GOD and no one repeat no one can be compared to him. hope u understand me. angry angry angry

@Ghettogyal,
I am a child of GOD and that makes me a god, JESUS testified to Psalm 82:6 in the book of JOHN 10:34. If Jesus says I am a god, am I to go against my master and saviour?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Ynot(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

@COCO29,
Could we please discuss this privately please. Your dad has only been sick once goes a long way to tell you that he is a god. However, this is not the place to discuss it, I am begging you please to send me a private message via e-mail or messenger so that we can talk at length. PLEASE!!!

Whacha afraid of?? Say whatever you got to say here. We get sick because thats part of growing. Even Apostle Paul had stomach ache until he died. When he prayed for healing, God told him 'my grace is enough for you'. Sickness in most cases is not as a result of sin.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2006
@ YNOT,
There are somethings I want to discuss with her which is not for public (secrecy is an important part of my job). Paul had a thorn in the flesh for certain reasons. The foundational truth is this, as a pastor you can not be sick. You either take it or return it. grin
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Coco29(f): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2006
wink
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2006
@COCO29,
10XX, you can now move it.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by opeemi1(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2006
A pastor falling sick might be a sign of either evil or good, we are humans and created in the same way, so the thoery of a pastor not falling sick is a big taboo, don't be deceived. A pastor can pray it off.

Job was tested but didn't commit any sin, God has his reasons, the foolishness of God supercides every human wisdom. If a man of God can't fall sick, then why should he/she die,  . Think this through, and you will see where am coming from.  smiley
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Oluchia(f): 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2006
@ KDK
Pls dont deceive urself and others. Of course by faith u can beleive u nor ur 'real pastors' can't fall sick. But as long as this world lasts and as long as sin exists, sickness, trials and other afflictions are man's lot, child of God or unbeliver. They are a constant reminder to man of the consequences of sin. But God has promised to give us victory and that his grace is sufficient for us.  Besides God allows them sometimes for a purpose, take the case of Job. How about Paul who had an eye problem that never got healed only for God to tell him when he asked for healing that his grace was sufficient for him. Are they not God's Children?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2006
@Oluchia
your statement seem to contradict your signature. Neways, we are just expressing opinions here;nevertheless, what I said earlier is not just a fact but also the fundamental truth.  wink
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by nico(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2006
Like my Grandfather always say to me,
If somebody Eats, Breathes and Bleeds
then that person can fall sick and die
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Hugoboi(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2006
Like my Grandfather always say to me,
If somebody Eats, Breathes and Bleeds
then that person can fall sick and die

Word!!!!
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2006
@ Hugoboi and nico,
That statement is a FACT but is that statement the TRUTH
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by dennylove(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2006
before,i use to think that since, PASTORS ARE MEN OF GOD that they can't fall sick but little did i know that they are HUMAN BEING like us,take4 instance,my pastor ''ve been sick for two month now,it was so serious!! that they have to flown him to the united state for treatment,to my surprise,they said, he can't even talk, but we the whole church is praying for him to GET WELL SOON.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2006
dennylove:

before,i use to think that since, PASTORS ARE MEN OF GOD that they can't fall sick but little did i know that they are HUMAN BEING like us,take4 instance,my pastor ''ve been sick for two month now,it was so serious!! that they have to flown him to the united state for treatment,to my surprise,they said, he can't even talk, but we the whole church is praying for him to GET WELL SOON.

Ur pastor knows why he is in his state(Paul knew why he had the thorn of flesh JUST THE WAY Job knew why he was in calamity).Pastors don't fall ill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do We Humans Die, Why Cant We Live Forever / Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? / Sermon By Benson Idahosa Part1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.