Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property (1623 Views)

Uche Odoputa A Nollywood Actor Speaks On Travails Of Prison Sentence / Toke Makinwa 'collecting' Tee-a's Money At Toolz' Wedding-photos / Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 11:28pm On May 03, 2015
Harrington was attacked for having three “reservoirs” – ponds – on his large 170 acres of land.

But the state claims that collecting water requires a permit from the state.

One of these “reservoirs” – ponds – had been on his land for 37 years. He applied for the permit, which he saw as ridiculous. But the state first approved him in 2003, then denied him – reversing the previous decision.

“They issued me my permits. I had my permits in hand and they retracted them just as arbitrarily, basically. They took them back and said ‘No, you can’t have them,’ so I’ve been fighting it ever since,” Harrington said.

“Way back in 1925 the city of Medford got a unique withdrawal that withdrew all — supposedly all — the water out of a single basin and supposedly for the benefit of the city of Medford,” Harrington added, giving some history on the bizarre law.

But he claims that there is no mention or prohibition of collecting rainwater.

“The withdrawal said the stream and its tributaries. It didn’t mention anything about rainwater and it didn’t mention anything about snow melt and it didn’t mention anything about diffused water, but yet now, they’re trying to expand that to include that rain water and they’re using me as the goat to do it.”

Tom Paul, the administrator of the Oregon Water Resources Department, says that the law doesn’t need to ban collecting rain water, because all of the water in the state is “public water,” which doesn’t actually mean the water belongs to the public, it means the government has claimed ownership of it.

read more http://www.newsgoogle.net/2015/05/man-gets-prison-sentence-for-collecting.html

Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by MrPresident1: 11:30pm On May 03, 2015
Oyinbo people sha and oddities, If dem pass this kain law for Nigeria, who go enforce am? On top my property?
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by Acekidc4(m): 11:37pm On May 03, 2015
That's an hell of a Law there!! What da Fvck
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by jamex93(m): 11:43pm On May 03, 2015
u want try am for naija??
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 12:21am On May 04, 2015
MrPresident1:
Oyinbo people sha and oddities, If dem pass this kain law for Nigeria, who go enforce am? On top my property?

lol
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by NCOIM(m): 12:23am On May 04, 2015
#Spacebooked cool

Make una no vex o
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 12:26am On May 04, 2015
NCOIM:
#Spacebooked cool

Make una no vex o
lol
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 9:05pm On May 04, 2015
grin
jamex93:
u want try am for naija??
lailai
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 04, 2015
Odd world.... Bizarre law.
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by Babe2sure(f): 9:38pm On May 04, 2015
One of the most ridiculous laws, I have ever read about.
Very dumb law!
The law itself was 'vague'. It was not clearly defined going by the man's submission.
He should be pardoned if he is a 'first offender'. Guess, they are just looking for scape-goat.
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 11:07pm On May 06, 2015
Babe2sure:
One of the most ridiculous laws, I have ever read about.
Very dumb law!
The law itself was 'vague'. It was not clearly defined going by the man's submission.
He should be pardoned if he is a 'first offender'. Guess, they are just looking for scape-goat.
LOL
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by Nobody: 2:45am On May 07, 2015
Make i just dey look
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 10:47pm On May 07, 2015
Ipledge:
Make i just dey look
HMMM
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 07, 2015
Na me dem go first catch!! I no de use ear hear thunder!!
I go just run out with every container available in my house!! grin grin embarassed embarassed
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 12:10am On May 08, 2015
tchidi:
Na me dem go first catch!! I no de use ear hear thunder!!
I go just run out with every container available in my house!! grin grin embarassed embarassed
lol naso
Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by Svelteb(f): 12:21am On May 08, 2015
On my very own property? Dey must b very sick 4 making dat kinda law oo

1 Like

Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property by veyronblog: 11:52pm On May 21, 2015
Svelteb:
On my very own property? Dey must b very sick 4 making dat kinda law oo
lol

(1) (Reply)

IDONBILIV!!! Davido’s New Neck-piece Costs 11 Million Naira / See How Nigerian Girl Rejected Guy’s Proposal After Collecting His Iphone 6. / Wen U Are @ A Party, And U Hear Ur Mum Is In Charge Of Jollof Rice(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.