Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University (673 Views)

Video Of 4 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia For Going Against Thier Law / Reminiscing With Hilarious Memes About Secondary School Life Trending On Twitte / List Your Ten Top Nairalanders You Always Check Thier Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:13am On May 04, 2015
Have you ever wondered why sometimes you get a call, a request or even a message from someone whose name seems so strange and upon further investigation you realise it was an old primary school classmate or childhood friend who has automatically changed names. It's very common when ladies bear native names and suddenly switch to English names. Are they ashamed of their names or is this just another trend?
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by GboyegaD(m): 6:15am On May 04, 2015
I think it is usually due to a change in their environment.
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by starlingbawa(m): 6:32am On May 04, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Have you ever wondered why sometimes you get a call, a request or even a message from someone whose name seems so strange and upon further investigation you realise it was an old primary school classmate or childhood friend who has automatically changed names. It's very common when ladies bear native names and suddenly switch to English names. Are they ashamed of their names or is this just another trend?

But then again, you are also using an 'ALIAS' instead of your real name on this forum?

In the end, we re all guilty. Don't you think?

Have a great day!
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by ritababe(f): 6:34am On May 04, 2015
Na after secondary school wey dey get sense na, so u expect us to keep the name wey our mama give us?
Even lectures go bite their tongue trying to pronouce the name
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by yuncka: 6:43am On May 04, 2015
starlingbawa:

But then again, you are also using an 'ALIAS' instead of your real name on this forum?

Have a great day!

slow down brother, we all Use ALIAS so as to protect our identity......

back to the matter, I feel most of them girls switch names because of inferiority complex and peer pressure.
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by starlingbawa(m): 6:48am On May 04, 2015
yuncka:

back to the matter, I feel most of them girls switch names because of inferiority complex and peer pressure.

And you could have a point there.... smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:44am On May 04, 2015
GboyegaD:
I think it is usually due to a change in their environment.
what kind of change ooooo
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:45am On May 04, 2015
starlingbawa:

Have a great day!
it's a totally different thing.
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:46am On May 04, 2015
yuncka:

True! From Abosede u'll hear pearl wink wink cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by starlingbawa(m): 7:53am On May 04, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
it's a totally different thing.

Huh shocked o:
Re: Why Do Ladies Often Change Thier Names Between Secondary School And University by GboyegaD(m): 2:39pm On May 04, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
what kind of change ooooo

Let me give an example, most people address me by my lady name until 2011 when I went back to school. I then choose to go by my 1st name because I felt going by my last name could deny the fact that I'm Nigerian since it is an English word. It took two of my roommates while I was an undergraduate to adjust when they also came to study as one of them challenged my decision for some time. In his opinion, I was giving my friends stress by forcing them to learn how to pronounce my new chosen name.

(1) (Reply)

Four priests beaten to stupor as Enugu government battles Anglican Church / Jonathan Conceded Defeat To Cover Up Political Atrocities –kinsman / Abuse Of Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.