Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here (39930 Views)

Before & After Make-up Photos Of A Bride That Has Been Sparking Reactions (pics) / Where To Learn Make Up Artistry / When Your Make Up Artist Has A Phd In Make Up Artistry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:35pm On May 06, 2015
The secret to achieving flawless looking eye shadow is in the blending.

Applying shadows can be sometimes tricky. It can crease or crack during the day.

To make your shadows stay and to lessen cracking, you have to first provide a base. Something it will stick to.

That is eye shadow primer. I use the cream eye shadow primer by Tara.

Gradually pat in the primer on the eye lid.

I like setting my primer with a brown shadow the colour of my skin.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:46pm On May 06, 2015
There are basically 2 types of shadows: shimmering shadows and matte shadows.

For the eye make up on the picture I posted, use a shadow brush and first go in with gold colour shadow. Dab it in. Don't swipe.

Then dab in the purple color.

For the outer part, I usually use black colour to contour. Forming a > shape.

Then use a blender brush to blend in the colours. Go in circular motion.

Blend blend blend till all colors go into each other in a way that one can't tell where each colour started and ended.

4 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:50pm On May 06, 2015
Eye Shadow brush

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:54pm On May 06, 2015
Blender brush. It has rounded shape with tip. Dome shape.

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:55pm On May 06, 2015
Angle brush(for eyebrow tutorial)

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:58pm On May 06, 2015
Is someone following?

3 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by Krisgift(f): 8:48pm On May 06, 2015
MaraCruiz:
Is someone following?

Yes, following!

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by predicta: 9:19pm On May 06, 2015
Am following.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by calmie(f): 10:36pm On May 06, 2015
MaraCruiz:
Is someone following?
yes please !
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by Debbiemma(f): 9:11am On May 07, 2015
I'm following
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by waistbead: 9:18am On May 07, 2015
I'm in class ma'am...Gud student grin grin
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 11:43am On May 07, 2015
Hello beauties.

Any questions so far?

Meanwhile, I will like us to practice the brow tutorial and send in pictures for more guidance.

And the eye shadow application too.

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 11:56am On May 07, 2015
After eye shadow application, the next thing to do is to line your eyes with eyeliner.

Eyeliner is the ultimate way to define and enhance the eyes. It frames the eyes. It can be used to improve the shape of the eyes. For large eyes, make the linning bold, for small or tiny eyes, you can make the linning slim or just line the inner rim for effect.

They are several eyeliner formulations: shadow liners, eyeliner pencils, liquid liner, cake and gel liners.

My favourite is the gel eyeliner. It is easier to manage and apply unlike the liquid that might stray.

You can make your eyes look more intense by double lining.

Tip: Do not leave space between the eyeliner and the lash line. Line very close to the lash line.

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 12:03pm On May 07, 2015
Mascara application:

When applied properly, mascara will both define your eyes and make them stand out.

Tip: lift the eyelid gently, the apply your mascara from the lash line to the hair tip. Separate the lashes as you apply with the wand.

Use Qtip(cotton bud) to remove any mascara stain. Do not let it dry on your skin.

Note: Make up remover helps to remove mascara very well without staining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 12:05pm On May 07, 2015
Next lesson is on foundation application. But looks like we are moving too fast! I need results to know the lessons are really making impact.

Throw in your questions please...
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by michellez(f): 2:02pm On May 07, 2015
MaraCruiz:
Is someone following?

Yeah we are!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by michellez(f): 2:07pm On May 07, 2015
MaraCruiz:
Next lesson is on foundation application. But looks like we are moving too fast! I need results to know the lessons are really making impact.

Throw in your questions please...

Please what affordable foundation will you recommend for someone with an extremely oily face and large pores? A foundation that can withstand sweat and can easily be purchased anywhere. Also what brush do you recommend for foundation application? Not the regular foundation paintbrush but those that look like powder brushes.Thank you for the good work so far grin
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 2:24pm On May 07, 2015
For an oily face you must prime your face before foundation application. You can use mattifying primer to help close pores. Dnt rub it. Rather pat / dab it in.

Then for foundation, try Classic oil mattifying foundation. It's a drugstore product and it is quite affordable.

For foundation brush, use beauty blenders. It blends foundation well. Makes it look smooth and natural.

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 2:27pm On May 07, 2015
Beauty blender

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2015
MaraCruiz:
For an oily face you must prime your face before foundation application. You can use mattifying primer to help close pores. Dnt rub it. Rather pat / dab it in.

Then for foundation, try Classic oil mattifying foundation. It's a drugstore product and it is quite affordable.

For foundation brush, use beauty blenders. It blends foundation well. Makes it look smooth and natural.

Does the classic oil foundation come in colors? if not, do we have translucent foundations that can be used bu any colour type?
Again, what do u use to pat the primer? thanks
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by waistbead: 4:33pm On May 07, 2015
Ma'am rate my makeup
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 6:15pm On May 07, 2015
You can use your fingers to dab in the face primer.

I have never used translucent foundation.

Yes the classic foundation has different shades.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 6:25pm On May 07, 2015
@ Waistbead, your make up is lovely.

Your eyebrows can be better. There is no arch. Look at the pictorial to see how to determine where your arch should be. Work more on your brows.

I can't really determine whether your foundation shade matches your skin tone because of your phone flash. But it should match with your neck.

Then your eye lining is too bold for your eyelid size. It hides your eye shadow.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 6:29pm On May 07, 2015
And your highlighting went beyond the highlight area.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by waistbead: 9:28pm On May 07, 2015
Tanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by kayjum(f): 7:17am On May 08, 2015
am in
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by waistbead: 9:39am On May 08, 2015
I'm in class ma'am...
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by waistbead: 9:42am On May 08, 2015
My foundation...

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MoNickk(f): 11:49am On May 08, 2015
hi. I'm new here although I can't say I'm so new to make up application. have slight problems with my eyebrows though. I shaved them half way as that seems to be the only thing that works. problem is the arches. They are rarely identical. sometimes,they agree with me and look so nice and other times they don't. Please ill like to know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:37pm On May 08, 2015
Okay @ waistbead. It's nice that it has SPF 15 and oil free. What I mean is I can't tell if the shade matches your skin tone because of your phone flash. Maybe try snapping without flash next time you sending me pictures okay.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:46pm On May 08, 2015
You are welcome here @ Monickk. Your brows is on point!

But I noted that the left arch seems a lil bigger. Next time when u make a mistake in getting them to look identical, you can adjust using concealer by slightly cleaning/concealing the bigger part. And you can always go in with your pencil or brow filler if you make any mistake in the adjustment.

It looks natural. I love the starting of your brows.

But please next time don't let your concealer(the one above the brows show). To achieve this, use concealer your skin shade for above the brows. Blend blend and always blend out.

It's okay if the one below shows especially the highlight area or the tail part of the brow.

You can also set your concealer with a bright shadow like silver or yellow shades.

Then your foundation is lighter than your skin tone. There is a slight difference between your face and your neck. Foundation should look as natural as possible after application.

But overall, I love your work. You are almost there!
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:50pm On May 08, 2015
Then for shaving your brows off halfway, not really advisable so you can go out even without doing your brows. Allow it grow back.

Tip: you can draw your brows before shaping it next time. That way you trim off only the straying ones and it will help you get them to look alike.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria. - Meme Collection / 7 Annoying Things Ladies Do When They Are Dressed To Kill / Up-to-date Fashion Resources Lives Here (daily Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.