Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! (7549 Views)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This / Nis Interview Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 04, 2015
This thread is opened so as to allow the candidates shortlisted for the interview share their various experience as regarding the interview process.
As for what i heard,the process is just to screen documents and ascert fitness
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 04, 2015
Mods please do the needful. Thanks
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by masquellett(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2015
By tomorrow, am sure we will have updates on this thread. Fingers crossed # Goodluck to us all

1 Like

Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by U2ice(m): 11:08pm On May 04, 2015
K mk I book space
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by finewoman(f): 11:14pm On May 04, 2015
May God who brought me dis far see me through, have been killing my slf with sit ups and press ups, I hope dey dnt ask me to do it. Na dere my own go finish

3 Likes

Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by lorbah001(m): 11:41pm On May 04, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]
finewoman:
May , have been killing my slf with sit ups and press ups, I hope dey dnt ask me to do it. Na dere my own go finish

Lolx........ God is your strenght!

He has taken us this far, I'm sure He'd perfect it
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Malcolmx12: 4:26am On May 05, 2015
finewoman:
May God who brought me dis far see me through, have been killing my slf with sit ups and press ups, I hope dey dnt ask me to do it. Na dere my own go finish
grin
finewoman:
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Holatunde007(m): 8:58am On May 05, 2015
Fingers crossed waiting for todays update
#team Ogun

1 Like

Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by iddyAbdul: 9:18am On May 05, 2015
May d Almighty see Us pass Through dis Final Stage Successfully....best of Luck to Doz doin deirs today.

1 Like

Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 9:52am On May 05, 2015
Guys. Ds is an important message to all. I was informed by an insider of the NIS that some officers will tell u to pay a certain amount so as to facilitate your recruitment.pls run away from them as they are just wanting to lure some dough out of u. Im sorry ds info is coming late,bt i was just informed too. Wish ppl having their all the best. Abi bawo?
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 9:54am On May 05, 2015
Malcolmx12:
grin
I beg, softly ooo. Make una no go get fatique
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 9:56am On May 05, 2015
finewoman:
May God who brought me dis far see me through, have been killing my slf with sit ups and press ups, I hope dey
dnt ask me to do it. Na dere my own go finish
small small ooo.
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 11:27am On May 05, 2015
Some are saying they are bn saddled on the field,bt no one knws what they are up to yet. Please guys,more update.

1 Like

Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 05, 2015
Now from what i've collated today. Ds is some few thing to do and be careful of.
1. Dress accordingly. I.e white shorts,white tee-shirt or round neck,white socks nd white canvass.
2. Get all your original documents ready. I.e 4 compass 3. Pry,sec result nd all other things certificates. Original pls. Same applies to other compass group.
3. Guys cut ur beards and ladies,get ur hair natural.
4. Get there earlier
5. Be concise when asked questions.
Pls add urs. Only 4 the interview pls. Let's keep it coming in.
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Imoksp(m): 7:44pm On May 05, 2015
Ok.
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by OmoOlomu(m): 7:47pm On May 05, 2015
How long ll it take the mods here to move this to the front page. Let this thread benefit a lot of people Seun nd co
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by emmadetemmy(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2015
mine is still 7th of May @ abeokuta
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by akwiwu1: 9:22pm On May 05, 2015
Please when did you change into the dress code. also, how long was the physical exercise
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Hostermipo(m): 1:25am On May 06, 2015
is there any compass 03 here that did today?
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by kheart(m): 6:15am On May 06, 2015
Go early at ur own peril oh, I went there 7am and I siddon 4 sand for 9hrs, thank God say sun no comot yestarday. (If u no be person wey fit endure yanch drilling, omo better know d kind lie wey u go tell dem)

E.G u fit lie say u wan go pee even if na 10 times just to strech ur leg

Or

Make u do sad face go tell dem say u wan write exam (dey fit shift u com front)

The question dey simple (some basic concept in ur field) I.e 4 Bsc n Diploma/NCE.

Note: make sure u re Bold and look smart (remove ur bear bear)

Best of luck

CC: Lalastical
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 9:44am On May 06, 2015
akwiwu1:
Please when did you change into the dress code. also, how long was the physical exercise
some started early. Infact some ppl were punished for coming late. While some started late. Bt its advisable that u go early so that u'll have any itch. Mods pls we need to learn from this thread. Do the needful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Holatunde007(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2015
emmadetemmy:
mine

is still 7th of May @ abeokuta

Oya Team Ogun, u beta add me make I giv u hint on mine todat
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by fabulous660(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2015
hmmmm.... interesting #grabs_a_stool
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by emmadetemmy(m): 4:37pm On May 06, 2015
Holatunde007:

Oya Team Ogun, u beta add me make I giv u hint on mine todat

don't really know about adding people on NL. I only follow u up. But here Is my whatsapp number 08174042441. Pls hint me
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by LilyLuvSrk(f): 6:12pm On May 06, 2015
just logging in now, after 2days without
battery. I wasn't wit my phone
yesterday. We all went to the parade
ground to do some warm up exercise &
sing some moral song like what we
sang in camp. Some soldiers were there. It was jst lyk NYSC all over again. Then
we were given numbers on how to
confront the panal for our oral
interview. I left the Nis building after 9
in the night after my interview. They
were very slow & went for lot's of break. It was really strenous waiting to be
called since d 7:00 am to 9:15pm. Some
people were yet to do their interview &
verification. If your documents are not
complete or authentic you're
disqualified. I produced my scanned medical report, it ws okayed. I thank
God for that. When going, for d females
do not put loop earring or bands,
necklace or too much make up. Pack ur
hair in a bun. Do not allow it to exceed
ur neck. Males no beard pls. Barb it if u have. When entering camp, we're told d
boys won't hve hair on thier head. D
females no makeup or jewelry. If u did
any crazy style please loose it. Some
areas could be strict & might jst
disqualify u. I pray to God I get an alert to start
training. Another thing, they are really
strict about the height. If they find
many applicants with reccomended
height, you might be put to the bottom
list. I surprised to find my height as 1.74(you will checked bfore facing the
panel) & filled 1.68 as my height in
application form. I'm really tall for a
lady! The interview, you just have to be
yourself & talk with confidence without
fidgeting. When youare asked ur name, call out your name very loud & stand
erect. Answer or attempt all questions
thrown at you even if you have no idea.
There is nothing like i don't knw. And
make sure you pray. Know a bit about
Nis & some other current affairs. Even if you don't know the answer, attempt to
say something. They want to see if you
have a good command of your voice.
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by uwa007: 8:10pm On May 06, 2015
Please pple dat did in Benin,were u allowed to carry ur bag in? N wen did u finish...cos I hope to travel frm there.
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Akexstinger(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2015
I did mine today in lokoja, compass 06...it pained me sha, cos I had my HND and my NYSC discharge cert and applied with ND cos I knew if I had applied with HND, they wouldn't have shortlisted my name for the aptitude test let alone invite me for the interview. So I was shortlisted using my OND...
The interview was cool and easy... nobody was asked any question based on his/her area of study. we were only asked, the local government we were from, the age, the highest qualification, the school u finished from, if u were working already, where u live, and if u are a computer literate. Yours is to answer them and also submit your document to them, they will be the one to go tru it,and tick the ones u have and the ones that are missing. As for me, I used my testimonial in place of primary school cert. I have my jss 3 result, my waec n Neco, my NIIT cert (MCSE), and my ND result. When the man asked me of my highest qualification, I had wanted to say HND, but I just said lemme say sound ND because one of the immigration personnel said I should tell them ND and if iam taken I can now present my HND later which will be valid.
And as for your Hair, ur nails,earrings, beards, they will tell u the dos and the don't while u are on queue. So don't panic, it's a very simple process
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 06, 2015
Akexstinger:
I did mine today in lokoja, compass 06...it pained me sha, cos I had my HND and my NYSC discharge cert and applied with ND cos I knew if I had applied with HND, they wouldn't have shortlisted my name for the aptitude test let alone invite me for the interview. So I was shortlisted using my OND...
The interview was cool and easy... nobody was asked any question based on his/her area of study. we were only asked, the local government we were from, the age, the highest qualification, the school u finished from, if u were working already, where u live, and if u are a computer literate. Yours is to answer them and also submit your document to them, they will be the one to go tru it,and tick the ones u have and the ones that are missing. As for me, I used my testimonial in place of primary school cert. I have my jss 3 result, my waec n Neco, my NIIT cert (MCSE), and my ND result. When the man asked me of my highest qualification, I had wanted to say HND, but I just said lemme say sound ND because one of the immigration personnel said I should tell them ND and if iam taken I can now present my HND later which will be valid.
And as for your Hair, ur nails,earrings, beards, they will tell u the dos and the don't while u are on queue. So don't panic, it's a very simple process
i salute ur courage nd ur good to tell us here. Thumbs high bro
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 06, 2015
LilyLuvSrk:
just logging in now, after 2days without
battery. I wasn't wit my phone
yesterday. We all went to the parade
ground to do some warm up exercise &
sing some moral song like what we
sang in camp. Some soldiers were there. It was jst lyk NYSC all over again. Then
we were given numbers on how to
confront the panal for our oral
interview. I left the Nis building after 9
in the night after my interview. They
were very slow & went for lot's of break. It was really strenous waiting to be
called since d 7:00 am to 9:15pm. Some
people were yet to do their interview &
verification. If your documents are not
complete or authentic you're
disqualified. I produced my scanned medical report, it ws okayed. I thank
God for that. When going, for d females
do not put loop earring or bands,
necklace or too much make up. Pack ur
hair in a bun. Do not allow it to exceed
ur neck. Males no beard pls. Barb it if u have. When entering camp, we're told d
boys won't hve hair on thier head. D
females no makeup or jewelry. If u did
any crazy style please loose it. Some
areas could be strict & might jst
disqualify u. I pray to God I get an alert to start
training. Another thing, they are really
strict about the height. If they find
many applicants with reccomended
height, you might be put to the bottom
list. I surprised to find my height as 1.74(you will checked bfore facing the
panel) & filled 1.68 as my height in
application form. I'm really tall for a
lady! The interview, you just have to be
yourself & talk with confidence without
fidgeting. When youare asked ur name, call out your name very loud & stand
erect. Answer or attempt all questions
thrown at you even if you have no idea.
There is nothing like i don't knw. And
make sure you pray. Know a bit about
Nis & some other current affairs. Even if you don't know the answer, attempt to
say something. They want to see if you
have a good command of your voice.
thumbs high bro. Thanks. Bt wanna ask u a question, pls what of those who have their waec result as the computer print out. Pls what is their fate?
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by LilyLuvSrk(f): 10:25pm On May 06, 2015
Drabeey:

thumbs high bro. Thanks. Bt wanna ask u a question, pls what of those who have their waec result as the computer print out. Pls what is their fate?

First, i'm not a male i'm a female.
I had the problem with waec. I do not have a waec certificate. So i gave them the statement of result & GCE result. I was asked why I don't have the certificate. I explained, they didn't say anything. I guess they accepted my result. I'm in Conpass 8. They said was okay.
Re: Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 06, 2015
LilyLuvSrk:

First, i'm not a male i'm a female.
I had the problem with waec. I do not have a waec certificate. So i gave them the statement of result & GCE result. I was asked why I don't have the certificate. I explained, they didn't say anything. I guess they accepted my result. I'm in Conpass 8. They said was okay.
owk sis.thanks 4 dat jere. Mods... Waiting. Abi bawo?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy(nn) Discussion Thread / Invitation For Interview From Custodian And Allied Insurance / Who Has Got This Invitation For Nestle Sales Representative Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.