Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria (59349 Views)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? / How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Thethy(m): 10:50am On Mar 22, 2012
Latest information on grasscutter farming: http://grasscutter234.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
Quail Farming,quick Cash:

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 2000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.
FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.
TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com
Meet you at the top
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Thethy(m): 1:11am On Apr 05, 2012
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2012
Quail Farming,quick Cash: tongue

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.

From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 2000 Naira every day.

BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.
FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.
TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com
Meet you at the top
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by pafm247: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
Learnt alot here!
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Thethy(m): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2012
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Thethy(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Thethy(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by altimajoey: 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
I am Joseph by name and in charge of the genetic input of one of the most prestigious farm in Africa, named Songhai Centre. Songhai centre is an integrated production centre where a waste from a production unit becomes a raw material in another production unit. This concept is called the ZERI concept meaning (ZERO EMISSION RESEARCH INITIATIVE). We have made agriculture simple and possible for as many that have been facing difficulties in any aspect of Agriculture.This farm is located in Porto-novo Republic of Benin. Founded in 1985 by Father Godfrey Nzamujo, a Nigerian from Imo State and a catholique priest. He used to be a prof. of Electronics in the University of Carlifornia. This farm I'm sure has all the answers to ur many difficulties.

we have our machinery manufacturing unit, where we produce all kinds of agric machineries like cassava grinder, palm oil extractor, juice extractor, palm kennel oil extractor, maize sheller, egg incubator, floating fish feed machine etc. You can procure any kind of Agricultural equipement from us. These machines are long lasting and are very efficient.

We aqually offer study tour, training in any field of Agriculture both in Crop production, animal production,juice processing and bee keeping. If you are interested in any of the services we render, just contact Joseph

For any enquiry,
Call +22997785855
or email: altimajoey@yahoo.com
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2012

7 Likes

Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by phatrat: 6:41pm On May 26, 2013
Im looking for grasscutter seller willing to sell at 25k-30k
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by owoyele2: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
Can anyone please help me with information on cost of grasscutter
cages and where to buy them?
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Emmysteve(m): 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
I will start my grasss cutter farming soon
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by bettymygirl(f): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello, so what is the cost of the training?
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by kolexy(m): 1:09am On Aug 03, 2014
adetunrayo: What animal is that?can u pls tell me d yoruba name.

Okuru in Ekiti, Oya in most parts of Yoruba nation.
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by ochiosa(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:
hey guys,

sorry for my late reply, just that i have been a bit busy with some activities. concerning Grasscutter breeding, u dont mate animals of the same gene 2gether it leads to inbreeding as someone said. moreso, seun said he has not seen pple eating grasscutter, funny! its the most popular bush meat delicacy that is mostly required dis days.

thanks
This animal can mate its sister or mother like goat monkey cat and others. What i want to ask is if they spill blood like dog when they are read to mate?
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
ochiosa:
This animal can mate its sister or mother like goat monkey cat and others. What i want to ask is if they spill blood like dog when they are read to mate?

No they don't. They show signs of readiness for mating however...e.g, mounting on each other.
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by fayahsoul: 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
oga pavemgo it was a pleasure doing business with you. I also want to thank you for the free advice you gave me which prevented further mortality. I could have suffered great loss. God bless you sir. I want to know if you have seen your grasscutters actually mate because ever since i started crossing them i havent caught them in the act. I read that they mate only at night or could their shyness also cause resistance to mating in human presence?
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by samshoz(m): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pls, who know where I can get Guinea pigs supply??
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by samshoz(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pls , who know where I can get Guinea pigs supply??

Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by HPS3(m): 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2017
fayahsoul:
oga pavemgo it was a pleasure doing business with you. I also want to thank you for the free advice you gave me which prevented further mortality. I could have suffered great loss. God bless you sir. I want to know if you have seen your grasscutters actually mate because ever since i started crossing them i havent caught them in the act. I read that they mate only at night or could their shyness also cause resistance to mating in human presence?
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by Nerosanctus: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Where and how much can I get a family of grasscutter..
My phone number is 08036659665
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by NaijaPress: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2020
Grasscutter farming in Nigeria has over the years grown to be come one of the live stock farming product, due to how lucrative it has become, when you go to joints and hear bush meat... LOL
https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/how-to-start-grasscutter-farming-in-nigeria/
Re: Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria by mexabet(m): 8:10pm On Apr 24
Grasscutter farming has become one of the mini-livestock rearing that is generating millions of Naira for many Nigerians. The good thing about the business is that there are ready buyers waiting for you. Imagine you get an order from a local restaurant to be supplying them four to five mature grasscutters everyday. You'll find out that you can't keep up with the demand, as time goes on.

JustinVille is an agro-resort that has been breeding grasscutters commercially.

You can check them out: https://www.justinville.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Somebody Poisoned Our Farm. / What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit / How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.