Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Fashola Wants Low-key Inauguration & Handover Ceremonies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fashola Wants Low-key Inauguration & Handover Ceremonies (383 Views)

"I Will Keep Marriage At Low Key If I Have A Second Chance" - Tee Bills / "End Time" Man Marries His Phone In A Low-key Wedding In ‎las Vegas‬ (photos) / Photos: Mama Who Donated Her N1m Savings To Buhari Spotted At The Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Wants Low-key Inauguration & Handover Ceremonies by ilerry007(m): 1:36pm On May 05, 2015
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola said May 29
handover should be more focused on informing Nigerians
about the direction the new government will be taking
instead of usual fanfare.
According to him, this is how inaugurations are marked
across the world.
Fashola said “I think we should do what normal countries do
as regards inauguration. There should not be too much
fanfare about this. We should understand that the tenure of
the current administration will end on the midnight of May
“A new President and new government are in office subject
to the constitutional requirement of Section 140 of the
constitution to declare their assets and take their oath of
office. So, essentially, what people see during the day is
ceremonial.
“The law has taken its course at midnight. So, that is the
most important thing. So, I hope at various state levels and
national level, we will hear indicative directions about which
way we are going (on inauguration day)”

www.360afronews.com/2015/05/fashola-wants-low-key-inauguration.html?m=1
Re: Fashola Wants Low-key Inauguration & Handover Ceremonies by redcliff: 1:37pm On May 05, 2015
This man....knows what true governance is. Im glad you had your time to do your bit!

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Vigil For Cow Shot Dead By Police In The UK / DRAMA: Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.