Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Character Animations In Nigeria. Are We There Yet? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Character Animations In Nigeria. Are We There Yet? (1300 Views)

Character Design/Animation Challenge / My 3d Character Models / How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Character Animations In Nigeria. Are We There Yet? by reidkrugger(m): 4:30pm On May 06, 2015
Hello and it's been quite a while. How una dey? Ok, so you guessed as much, i have an Animated Video i'ld like to share that's why i'm here basically. There are two of them actually but i'm particular about one. So here i go.
Now over time, Me and other animation heads on this forum have wanked it back and forth as to what good animation is and blabla. For me, it's not relative. Good Animation is good Animations and there are no two ways about it. So, fast forward to 2015 and i find myself unveiling some secrets to this art of mimicry and virtual acting. As a matter of fact, this has given birth to [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpICxpT1rvE[url][/url]

I mean, Animating in itself is loads of headache but when you add the facial Animations to your Character, Booooooooyyyyyyy, that is when it really springs to life. Ok, how meaningful and appealing this would be, will depend on your models "talking about facial expressions and morph targets". There's no Magic to this because it gives what you programme into it. For me, i do a lot of low poly modelling, keeping things really simple, but do plenty while animating it. So that's it. A better Animated facial expressioned 3D cartoon to go with the Body movements. The software is 3dsmax as usual and the rig is CAT. Why do i love using CAT? Well, i don't. I figured that if you really want to be good at something, you have to go in hard. But the CAT offers simpler means of creating a rig though and quickly too. The general idea is that, if you can animate with the CAT or BIPED characters from scratch, then you can animate about anything. This means, don't look for the easy way out.

Ask questions and Criticise if you like.
Re: Character Animations In Nigeria. Are We There Yet? by reidkrugger(m): 4:33pm On May 08, 2015
Just a word to Artists out there born out of something somebody sent me as mail. If you always create or look for excuse why that animated character didn't walk properly or couldn't perform one of the principles then you are not doing yourself good. A lot of us model and are very good at it to the extent that people know. But modelling is one thing and animating it is another, thus there are no excuses. If you are good then you are good and if you're not then strive to be better. But if you are talking about your system specs then you'll have something to argue about.
And as for those aspiring to be #Animators, there are no short cuts. You have to be heavily resourced or at least to some extents. Watching You tube Videos of Pros and contemporaries shouldn't be a problem and if it is, then fix it. You cant have it all at a time, unless of course you plan
leaving the stage out of frustration one day. It's like this, just because you have N100k don't mean, learning animations will fall within that range, at least most likely not.
You want to be good? Then get yourself a very good teacher or mentor whose work speaks for itself. And lastly, 3D Motion graphics is not 3D Character/Cartoon Animations, so don't get it twisted. Ok, Happy Animating.
Re: Character Animations In Nigeria. Are We There Yet? by reidkrugger(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2015
A lot of things make up animations and animations demands alot of things as well. Chief amongst them is the principles and a clear understanding of how they work. It’s ok to move a ball from point A to point B, but what if you were asked to put a hold on it somewhere in the middle at point C and apply a squash and stretch to it during the whole process. Now, that would appear to be a BIG DEAL and yes you are right it is because you don’t just put the squash and stretch anywhere you like and the ball starts bouncing with the cartoony appeal that squash and stretch brings. Also you have timing and spacing to contend with in the process, then the moving hold and poses. And you can get away with keeping away from exaggerations and still come out squeaky clean if you like, as it would not affect the short that much. So what is the point I’m trying to make? I’m saying you don’t need to apply all the principles all the time. It’s like making stew and using the same ingredients in cooking some other kind of soup. That wont work, because the soup would define the ingredients to use. Same thing applies to animation. The principles employed in creating a walk cycle would be different from that needed to create a jump or somebody falling off a cliff or somebody trying to get off a chair and begin a walk. The order to applying them would differ as well. The only thing that any of these would have in common, would be flow. Without flow, the animations wont be appealing as you hope they would turn out to be.
There are a lot of things still murking in the dark waiting to happen to that short you are planning, but wont come out until you get there. So youtube or any other tube wont save you from this one. These are the type of things that you encounter while trying to animate a short that’s not quite coming as you intend or imagined it and after a few hours to some days, you are like “hey, I think I should be doing something better with my life”. But the truth is that you went about it the wrong way and that’s why you were stuck and probably would stay there for a while until you get a proper hang of how to go about this.
What you see in this short
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lga4M0pD2bs">https://
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lga4M0pD2bs is a cartoony bouncing ball. But it goes beyond that because everything you see there and a little more applies to character animation. If you know how to go about applying this, then creating a cartoon shouldn’t be much of a problem. And if you dont not know what I’m talking about up till now, then get a mentor or a school and learn how to animate properly. Opportunities abound in this wonderful profession and the potentials are limitless. Arm yourself properly, be an Animator. The road to Animating like the Big Guys in Pixar, Bluesky, Dreamworks, Disney etc begins here.

(1) (Reply)

Custard Pack Design, Which Is Better? / My Anime/cartoon Drawings / Attempt At T-shirt Design.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.