Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,704 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:39 PM

Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim (1306 Views)

Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos) / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim by nwosas(m): 6:14am On Feb 06, 2009
Austin Jay Jay Okocha says he is still shocked by the way Etim Esin took the incident in his house at last year's Christmas Party and plans to do a thanksgiving session in the church for what he says God has revealed to him.
Okocha
Etim is suing Okocha for N100 million for the embarrassment he faced in his house during the party. A phone set of one of the guests was said to have been stolen and Etim said that accusing fingers were pointed at him. He said that Okocha ordered him searched and that the searching was extended to his wife. At the end, the phone was not found on them. Etim says he is more disappointed that Okocha has not apologised to him and he was bent on clearing his name.
In his second reaction to the controversy Okocha offered the following words:"I'm still shocked at the way Etim is taking this. One thing is clear. God has hand in this development. God is using it to teach me a lesson. God is using it to warn me, to make me to be more careful.
I say this because what Etim is doing is unbelievable. It was not good that he was searched over a missing phone. But he knew I knew nothing about it. Etim knew that when I came in and saw what was happening I ordered them to stop and fumed over that.
He knew that I apologised to him. Etim knew that I had no hand in what happened. He left the party and changed everything. In the first place, he said it was my phone that was allegedly stolen. I never complained that my phone was missing. It was one of my guests who complained and I was not with them when that happened. Etim knew he was not the only one they searched. Everybody was opening his bag to show he didn't have it. I saw that and stopped it. Etim later changed everything and said that I ordered them to search him. Actually, I did the opposite.
It is unbelievable. When everybody was avoiding Etim, I got close to him, gave him things including wears. There were times I came from Europe and did things for Etim. It was on the basis of our friendship that I invited him to the Christmas party where I still gave him gift. So, it's shocking that such a person will suddenly change and turn against you. God is simply sending messages to me and such revelation is worth going to church for thanksgiving. That I'll do. Who knows if this didn't happen, I might not have had the need to be careful over certain things and this man could cause one some harm. Now I know better and I'll be more careful. That's what God has done for me with Etim. I'll go and thank God and also pray for Etim."
Toyin Subair, the CEO of HITV, the cable station that Etim does soccer analysis for, has suspended the former Eagles star, arguing that Etim must apologise to Okocha before he could continue his television programmes.
"I did so because I found out the truth," Subair said.
"I found out that Okocha wasn't the one that ordered Etim searched, I found out that Etim was not the only one searched. I found out that Okocha apologised to Etim and Okocha's wife knelt down to apologise to Etim's wife, gave her a kiss and everything calmed down and the party continued. Etim claimed that he was searched in the presence of his daughter who wanted to know what they were doing to her dad and Etim told her they were playing a Christmas game.
I found out that Etim's daughter was upstairs playing with other kids when he was being searched and what Etim said wasn't true. I found out that Okocha also gave Etim money as Christmas gift and the man probably went home happy only for him to surface later and change things. I found out the truth from Etim's wife. When I found out the truth my body started shaking, I became scared of Etim and insisted he would have to retrace his steps otherwise he could do it to anybody including those of us on HITV. That's why I asked him to apologise," Subair said.
Etim immediately saw that as "two people working together to set me up and destroy my name. They are together. I'll not apologise to Okocha. I'll rather quit HITV than apologise for the wrong done to me."
He also said Okocha gave him N50,000 as Christmas gift and not N100,000 as reported and that the money was given before the incident.
"Again, it's not about money. It's about my integrity. The phone was not eventually found on me. I have a lovely wife and I'm not as poor as people think. If I need money I could go to former President Ibrahim Babangida who is the senior Maradona. We are only two in the country. He did things for me when I was playing for Nigeria. I have made name.
I made name before Okocha. Where was Okocha when Iwuanyanwu gave me a brand new car? Where was Okocha when I brought my first convertible into Nigeria? Obesere, the musician has a football academy, trying to develop football, Okocha has a night club. Is that how to work for football?
Re: Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim by codedguy1(m): 8:16am On Feb 06, 2009
This is really getting complicated.

Who's story are we gonna believe. Okocha's, Toyin's or Etim's. pick your choose sad
Re: Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim by sunnym(m): 8:40am On Feb 06, 2009
Am not there so i dont believe anybody, between them lies the truth.
Re: Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim by olekus(m): 9:12am On Feb 06, 2009
as for me , i think etim is not doing the right thing, no matter how the case may be , he suppose to let them settle it amicably rather involving the entire nation. ever since i know okocha , he is a humble man, and i did not doubt his integrity anytime. the way etim is talking , he want money, why small issue like this happened and he is demanding for 100m compensation? too bad. just like he has being looking for this opportunity to revive himself. too bad.
Re: Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim by kolaoloye(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2009
I think Etim should see a psychiatrists
Re: Okocha Heads For Church Over Etim by folem: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
coded guy:

This is really getting complicated.

Who's story are we gonna believe. Okocha's, Toyin's or Etim's. pick your choose sad

You can add Jeff's story to your choices.

[size=24pt]Etim Esin Is A Liar![/size]

Alleges Owner Of Stolen Phone

More evidences are surprisingly pouring in on who to blame on the missing phone allegedly stolen from the house of the former 
Super Eagles skipper, Austin Okocha last Christmas day.

The guy who claimed he actually owns the missing phone; Prince Jeff Okachukwu called Complete Sports Saturday late Thursday night to air his own side of the story.

Jeff, who is the Managing Director of Primewest Properties in Abuja expressed surprise that Etim Esin claimed in a Punch Newspaper publication of Thursday January 29 that the stolen phone belonged to Okocha who publicly embarrassed him in his house.

"Actually the whole thing has become so embarrassing because I am the owner of the phone to start with" informs Jeff who flew in from London same Thursday.

"It has nothing to do with 'Jay' (JayJay) was not even with us when the phone got missing because he was busy attending to other guests inside.

"There were four of us on the table myself, Junior; my childhood friend, one white guy and Etim Esin.

"And when I stood up to answer a call, I was reliably informed that the only person who stood up from that table after the phone disappeared was Etim" alleged Jeff.

"He, Etim was the only person who had admired that phone immediately I sat on that table and this made him the prime suspect.

"My childhood friend could not have taken it because he aside having the same phone, has the latest brand of it.

"I bought the phone for 1,500 Pounds in London and Jay Jay was nowhere near our table when the phone got missing.

"What has however been baffling me is the way Etim is turning the whole thing into a money making venture!

"Jay' was even the one that was calming me down afterwards because I really would have embarrassed the idiot!

"This incident happened on December 25th and not 26th as Etim claimed in (last) Thursday's publication because I was actually at the MTN office on the 26th to retrieve my line.

"This phone thing has nothing to do with Jay Jay and it is unfortunate that it happened in his house.

"When the first publication on this incident came out, I actually ignored it, but the way Etim is turning this incident into 
a money-making venture is to say the least embarrassing.

"It is not the phone; a Bang & Olufsen (serene) that actually matters much to me but the contact numbers that I had therein.

"I would have actually embarrassed Etim the more but for 'Jay' who pleaded that he didn't want the matter to extend further.

"And after he (Jay Jay) begged me, he even gave Etim money to pacify him since the phone was not found on him, but the manner 
He (Etim) has now framed everything on Okocha and the hype surrounding this incident is quite surprising because this incident has nothing to do with Jay Jay. It is just unfortunate that it happened in his house.

"If you want further information on this, please be free to call my line and I shall oblige you" concluded Jeff.

Serene Phone costs about $1,250 (£675)

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/?p=73

(1) (Reply)

Ivory Coast's Keita: Should He Be Banned? / West Brom Sign Nigeria Striker Brown Ideye For Club Record Fee. / Real Madrid Striker Chicharito Will Never Play For Manchester United Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.