Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? (399 Views)

Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? / Gospel Songs U Cannot Just Stop Listening To / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? by Prinzo1(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2015
Am a sound engineer and I have noticed that anytime i play some gospel songs by hiphop artistes the pastors react negatively by asking me to stop in provocative tones.
I remembered when i played 'BUNIEYA' by Psquare and the pastor told me am not worship conscious and just today i was told that am wayward when i played 'GODWIN' by Korede bello ft Don't jazzy.
The funny thing is that the crowd yell jump up and shout like they heard the trumpet sound and once we put down the song it looks like we are the worst DJ's.
My question now is that is it wrong or OK to play those songs on a Christian program? and do i really have to stop it?
Re: Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? by Immanueladebol(m): 11:35pm On May 06, 2015
The person's videos u played ain't gospel "Minstrel" and as such won't move GOD even if they sound so righteous. GOD'S standard can't change.
Re: Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? by saxwizard(m): 11:47pm On May 06, 2015

I remember foreign pple singing storm is over by rkelly in there churches
but com naija den go say na worldly song.... ... . we Nigerians are hypocrite. .... .. I think the lyrics and the message been passed across is wat matters
Re: Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? by Immanueladebol(m): 5:05pm On May 07, 2015
Is foreign standard GOD'S STANDARD?
Re: Gospel Songs By Hip Hop Artistes. Right To Be Played In Church? by Immanueladebol(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2015
Is the foreign standard GOD'S STANDARD?

(1) (Reply)

A Walk In The Rain / The Buzzard, The Bat & The Bumblebee / Bible Verses Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.