Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Humility Is A Virtue - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Humility Is A Virtue (377 Views)

A Lesson On Humility To Learn From The Story Of Bode Thomas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humility Is A Virtue by Nobody: 9:53am On May 07, 2015
So I happen to work in a breeder farm that sells Day Old Chicks (DOCs). since I work in the sales department, I happen to meet all manner of interesting individuals that come to pick up their orders. so on Monday, this man walked in with this long-ass lab coat! I was like wtf is this? you mean you drove all the way from port Harcourt to this place (30mins drive) wearing this lab coat? it was an appalling sight.

Fast forward to today, I was having a brief meeting with my manager when a call came in. I overheard him telling the person elementary things involved in the brooding of day old chicks, he also spoke about a poultry disease coccidiosis too. when he hung up, he said " I am shocked! why would a veterinary doc ask me such questions? its is very shameful. and to think that he walks around, clad with a lab coat 24hrs each day!". I laughed so hard that I actually started feeling sorry for the man. its a big shame that such show off had to ask such dumb questions that every uneducated poultry owner knows.

nobody is perfect, but being humble is a virtue we should all inculcate. I bet that if u say that man's name without putting "doc", you would be seriously tongue-lashed

(1) (Reply)

How To Publish A Book As A Beginner / Very Cheap And Reliable...hurry Up While Stock Last / Vacancy At Mercy Business School Aptitude Test Begins Friday 19th June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.