Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Fine Website By Nigerian Army - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fine Website By Nigerian Army (5401 Views)

How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes / Website Review - A Website By Charles Dairo / Dubious Website By Our Website Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fine Website By Nigerian Army by demmy(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2005
I was pleasantly surprised by the Nigerian Army website. It contain everything you want to know about the service and even have the pdf of New Soja magazine.

Check it at
www.nigerianarmy.net

My only disagreement is the domain name chosen. I would expect something along

www.army.mil.ng

Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by Seun(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2005
Demmy, thanks for sharing this with us!
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by uchesco(m): 11:29pm On May 14, 2005
Thank God the Army has joined the Info.Tech. age, and the web is cool, but I wonder who the soldier is... And are all Nigerian soldiers that well fedMind u am not trying to sound unpatriotic, but just trying looking behind the PR... As for the web name i suggest www.nigerianarmy.ng, since ng is a nigerian thing just like co.za is for South Africa and co.uk is for the British
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by Ka: 11:57pm On May 14, 2005

www.army.mil.ng

Not too sure about this, but I believe that the process of getting an ng domain name is so tortuous and problematic that most people just use either .com, .net or .org.

I think there's currently some confusion over who should manage the registration of ng domain names - but even when this is sorted out, it will still take ages to register an ng domain name because of the stupid bureaucracy and incompetence that Nigerians like introducing into a simple task.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by demmy(m): 6:37am On May 15, 2005
Ka:

www.army.mil.ng

Not too sure about this, but I believe that the process of getting an ng domain name is so tortuous and problematic that most people just use either .com, .net or .org.

I think there's currently some confusion over who should manage the registration of ng domain names - but even when this is sorted out, it will still take ages to register an ng domain name because of the stupid bureaucracy and incompetence that Nigerians like introducing into a simple task.

I understand. NITDA was established to oversee the domain crisis but private stakeholders too want in. Its a debacle and its affecting the proper naming and organising of domain names.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by Propre(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2005
Registration on .ng domain  name is free, it is currently being managed by a guy called Randy Bush in the United State. Anybody can register for .ng domain name by filling the form and sending it as a text file to Randy Bush

Here is the link to the registration form http://psg.com/dns/ng/ng.txt

Here is the information you need to fill the form: http://psg.com/dns/ng/

Here is Randy Bush email address: [email]randy@psg.com[/email]

If you wish to register .ng domain name, try the above website in the first instance, if however you are having problem registering the domain name then send me a private message I might be able to help
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by diakim(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2005
Propre:

Registration on .ng domain  name is free, it is currently being managed by a guy called Randy Bush in the United State. Anybody can register for .ng domain name by filling the form and sending it as a text file to Randy Bush

Here is the link to the registration form http://psg.com/dns/ng/ng.txt

Here is the information you need to fill the form: http://psg.com/dns/ng/

Here is Randy Bush email address: [email]randy@psg.com[/email]

If you wish to register .ng domain name, try the above website in the first instance, if however you are having problem registering the domain name then send me a private message I might be able to help

It is not working.

I submitted an application via the same link July last year to register a .ng domain, and I am yet to get a feedback from them. I called their Adminstrative office at Abuja, they couldn't help me. I sent an email to randy@psg.com, no response, not even an acknowledgement. I don't think they are serious.

As regards the Nigerian Army, I am impressed by what they have done. Lets leave them alone with their choice of domain name.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by Propre(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2005
I've registered several domain name in the past, on average it takes about 7 days to get a response from randy, try his phone:

Phone:  + 1 206 780-0431

option 1
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by demmy(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2005
Propre: I've registered several domain name in the past, on average it takes about 7 days to get a response from Randy, ...

Yes Propre that was before the present impasse and Randy Bush is not particularly encouraged to continuing carrying on his service. Anyway a new non-governmental organisation NIRA has been established to manage it. For the time being, the impasse continues.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/01/17/internet_fool_s_gold_sparks/

http://africa.rights.apc.org/index.shtml?x=31455
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by kodewrita(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2005
Nice that they have finally created one. I used to visit the 82nd's website and it was quite ugly especially the way the tiger on the site was painted garishly. There is also a problem with this site. It loads slowly and wastes surfing time.

As to NITDA, it's just another Nigerian beaurucracy with the aim of frustrating individuals with the aim of doing something useful.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by delarontus(f): 2:34pm On May 25, 2005
The .ng domain name for Nigeria is going through political problems since some stakeholders are preventing us from acquiring it. Most countries have it and wonder why Nigeria's is controversial.

The face on the Nigerian army website should be the present Chief of Army Staff.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by naijacoder: 2:37pm On May 27, 2005
So is it possible to get the .ng domain name now?
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by timmy(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2005
The site no bad, really. But I'd prefer some extra effizy to be on the site and also som kind old pictures of wars et al.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by my2cents(m): 5:52am On Apr 01, 2006
LOL

Una don c NPF website? http://www.nigeriapolice.org/

Upon all d bribe dem dey collect for road, is this all they can boast of?

Na wa o!
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by kodewrita(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
not sure much progress has been made on this.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by Slyr0x: 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
kodewrita: not sure much progress has been made on this.

Old man. Where did you dig this thread from?
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by kodewrita(m): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Slyr0x:

Old man. Where did you dig this thread from?
rubs white chin. hehe. dugg'd it from me archives, man.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by 8figure(m): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
If what I have in this snapshot is same as what we 're discussing here, then am sorry for bumping into wrong thread.
[size=14pt]
Looked like a packed domain.
[/size]

Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by kodewrita(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
guess their hosting ran out. we should ask the moderator to lock this thread.
Re: Fine Website By Nigerian Army by em19em6: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naija

(1) (Reply)

Download Naijaloaded Blogger Template / 50+ Google Adsense Alternatives / How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.