Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Cable TV Boom - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Cable TV Boom (1926 Views)

Montage Cable Network(mcn)....??? / 3m Dish+digibox+200m Cable+lnb For Sale SOLD / What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cable TV Boom by GogetterMD(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2015
With the endless monopoly of Multichoice Africa for over a decade and a half, and the needless perennial increase in their subscription rates due to unavailability of sustainable competition, there has always been a need for a readily affordable legal alternative to their services.
HiTV came but weren't able to sustain themselves due to their huge debt profile. Daarsat's popularity was short-lived, as marketing was poor.
Now as at the first quarter of the year 2015, we have what we would call not necessarily competition, but quality alternatives to the thievery we suffer from DSTV.
There first came Startimes, then Consat, ACTV, and Montage cable TV. They all pack pretty attractive channels at affordable rates, mostly in high definition. None of them costs more than 15,000 naira for installation and non has a subscription costing more than 4000 naira. Exciting enough is that they come with HD PVR decoders that gives you the pause, rewind and play option, with crystal clear audio and video quality at 15k max (note that DSTV HD PVR decoder costs 78k).
Pls anyone using any of the above listed cable TV providers should Kindly give us an insight to their service quality and channel program fun rating.
I am still trying to figure out which of them to go for though.
Pls note that this is not an advertisement for any company.

Cc: Ishilove, lalasticlala
Re: Cable TV Boom by sod09(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2015
Just in case
Re: Cable TV Boom by Prodeegee(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2015
p
Re: Cable TV Boom by Ameboperoo(m): 10:05pm On May 07, 2015
most of these are good alternative to dstv but ppl are not aware. Especially if you're not a soccer fan
Re: Cable TV Boom by pofolo(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2015
Nice one Op,
Sorry I cant help you on the subject matter because I dont do paytv, my fta set satisfy my tv watching wants. The in house programmes of some of the providers you mentioned above are good ( as viewed also on free-to-air).
The only thing that serves as a bone of contention and that gives Dstv braging right is Football rights, take that out, I guess the game is fair.

Viva fta
Re: Cable TV Boom by CLASSMAN: 9:57am On May 08, 2015
Yah I have montage,it's good alternative if u re not a football fan mark that, because ordinary super eagles match they don't air it , I was like what the f?
Re: Cable TV Boom by GogetterMD(m): 10:27am On May 08, 2015
CLASSMAN:
Yah I have montage,it's good alternative if u re not a football fan mark that, because ordinary super eagles match they don't air it , I was like what the f?
What's the current channel listing on their premium bouquet?
And I thought they have fox sports that airs some other leagues? And Copa del rey?
Re: Cable TV Boom by guass(m): 2:48am On May 11, 2015
GogetterMD:

What's the current channel listing on their premium bouquet?
And I thought they have fox sports that airs some other leagues? And Copa del rey?
Choices of Nigerians hang with Mytv for now except for football.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Decoding Free Channels And Playing .ts Files On Computer / Aljazeera Smart Card. / Sa 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread - Fta Viewing Channels(mpeg2/mpeg4)sat Locations And Match Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.