Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery (2594 Views)

See What Eco Bank Gave Us As Depositing Slips / ... / How Long Does It Take To Open A Savings Account With Eco Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by TheInkheart(f): 8:51am On May 08, 2015
Eco Bank has to be the most bleeped up bank in the country at the moment or since inception. I have never gone into the bank and left with a smile; I always walk out even more pissed and sad than I had entered. It is either there is only one cashier to answer to so many customers withdrawing and depositing or there is network issue. It is as if everyday, the bank is the only one bombarded with all sorts of problem related to banking. I can't recollect anytime I had ever been impressed with their services; customer service is nothing to write home about, the workers are just as terrible as their services. Slander or whatever you think this may be, I don't care. I'm so beyond frustration that I don't care about what this may cause.

I walked into Eco bank some days back to withdraw some money and request for a new ATM card as my old one has expired. The withdrawal went almost smoothly because the cashier decided not to be so partial and attend to people as they come; there was no queue but it was orderly but the customer service babe did the pissing of. When I went to her to ask for a new ATM card, she told me to go to the branch I opened my account with to pick up a new card, that it is waiting for me (which I know is a big fat lie as they had said something like that to my sister around February and got to Sagamu only for her to be asked to fill a form requesting for the renewal of the card). I asked her if I can request for another with the stolen card format, she said no, I have to go to my branch. When I asked if there was a way to get the card transferred from Sagamu in Ogun State (where I opened the account) to Seme branch, she said I have to go write a letter requesting for a transfer to Seme branch by myself; how I am supposed to do that, this girl did not say and because I was too angry and was already causing a scene, I walked out of the bank hoping to come back later and be given a more reasonable solution to the problem only to be disappointed again.

I went to the bank as early as 8 today just to do everything I want to do on time and get back to bene for class on time too. I went to the second Eco bank's branch at Seme to lodge my complains; maybe they would be nicer but nope, they were even worse. The first customer service dude did not reply my greetings and did not even wait for me to talk before he referred me to the girl sitting beside him. I went to meet her with my sunniest smile but that obviously did not work as the babe looked at me with angry eyes and asked "what can I do for you" as if I was an unwanted guest. I maintained my smile and told her I needed a new ATM card. She did not ask what happened to the old one, she just shouted "unavailable at the moment". I was shocked and could not even say another word. I walked of the bank too sad. I decided to go to the branch I went days back (still at Seme and at a walkable distance too) to request for alert services and online banking services. When I got to the bank, the security guard was almost harassing me and I rudely told him to leave me alone cos I was too angry to be playing early in the morning. I entered the bank with a scowl on my face that I was not ready to replace with a forced smile. When I got to the customer service desk, I managed a good morning and told her what I came for and to my surprise, I got the same "go to the branch you opened account with or write a letter". I was dumbfounded. Alert? Go to the branch I opened my account with? The first thing that popped into my head was that she obviously did not hear what I asked her about. I repeated the question, she said the same thing and added that after sending the letter, I would bring in my international passport or driver's license or a valid ID card. In my mind, I went "Ah, all these things to receive alert on my phone? Something that is not free? Something they will charge me for?". I could not believe it. I was so angry that I blurted out "so, why is there a branch of Eco bank in Seme if I have to travel all the way down to Sagamu to always get everything done". I asked to see the manager or someone that can help with the issue without having to travel down to request for ordinary alert services, something that used to be as simple as filling a form and voila, notifications on your phone immediately. Of course, the girl did not take it well as she almost told me to get out. Babe did not even look at me, she just looked at me like an irritating child and continued to type on her system.

I was angry and said a lot of things to the babe before leaving the bank; things I am not sorry to say. This is a bank that would deduct your money and won't even tell you what for. I have had 1500 removed from my account and when I asked what for, they could not give me a tangible explanation. This is also a bank that will treat you as if they are doing you a favour by banking with them. They have no respect for customers and our rights. To use ATM sef, na trouble. One time on a Saturday, I went to withdraw money and the guard told me there was no light and if I want him to put the gen to power the ATM, I should pay him 500 Naira. 500 Naira to use the ATM of my own bank? I was speechless but because I needed the money urgently, I begged and begged the guy to help me with a Gen that should be fueled to satisfy a customer's need. The guy refused and said I have to "pour water on the floor to touch cool ground". I had to leave because the I had no money on me. Thanks to First Bank, I got the money I needed and that got me wondering why I saved my money in the first place if I can't get it when I really need it, after all, the purpose of saving is to have something to fall back on dry days.

Maybe it is the workers that are not so experienced or knowledgeable enough or it the bank administrators that keep hiring people that are not qualified to work in a banking hall, I don't even know. I'm so ashamed of Eco bank. When oceanic had not merged with self acclaimed Pan-African bank, I know how much I enjoyed the services. From the security guards to the cashier to everyone else in the bank, the customer services were top notch. I had no reason to nag about the terrible attitude of the people watching over my money. They were so nice and I had friends in almost all the branches I frequently visit but that is not for Eco bank; bunch of mean, inexperienced people that have "larger than life" attitude. Please, feel free to say I'm generalizing; I am because all the branches I have visited are as bleeped as the Seme branch. In my opinion (which I know is very well welcomed even though it was not asked for), Eco bank needs to work on rebranding and repackaging; give us (the customers) more than enough reasons to love and stay loyal to you. I am tired (and I know so many people who are equally tired) of their shitty services. Quit the below half baked services and give us something that will make us proud of banking with a "true Pan-African Bank"

www.theinkheartblog.com
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by marshalcarter: 8:55am On May 08, 2015
Ok

Proudly FCMB
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by jamex93(m): 8:56am On May 08, 2015
eco bank is the worst bank in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by ijobaooorun(m): 9:00am On May 08, 2015
If this ℓ̊s true then we should take this serious......
Seems these banking people Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ taking advantage of us wit our money.....who told them ℓ̊ can't dig a well insyde ♍Ɣ bedroom A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ be pouring ♍Ɣ money into it....
♍Ɣ fellow NLders let's start the bashing A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ also let not forget to take the bashin to their official website also, including their official facebook A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ twitter account
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by izuch(m): 9:01am On May 08, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by Young03(m): 9:09am On May 08, 2015
Ecobank, worst bank ever
@ UNN branch, only 2 cashiers working der.

Thank God self say na only 1k dey my acount

boys ar not smilling...

1 Like

Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by Feranchek(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2015
Seriously, if your boyfriend was acting this way, will you still be in the relationship

1 Like

Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by sleeknick: 9:14am On May 08, 2015
j
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by obiak4(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2015
op do the following and thank me latter get the names of the people you have be dealing with and write this your thesis send it in a mail to their central customers service CCS it worked like magic they would answer you very quickly
FYI everyone can I have your attention pleasessssssssss
anytime you go to your bank and they treat you like poo kindly send a detailed mail to their CCS and see how it turns out next time or make e no b say you wan put garri for another man sand just advice he/she say I would forward a mail to your Central customer service and tell them this is what YOU say oooooo thank me latter

1 Like

Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by unclebright: 10:04am On May 08, 2015
Of cause if you don't have money you will walk into bank with Sadness and Walk out in Sadness. Even if you have money and you are not satisfy the same thing will still happen to you.

Eco Bank is a good bank, I Bank there and almost all my family bank there too. Life is a choice, you can decide to make yourself happy on your nest trip to eco bank. No one can ever make you happy, the only person that can make you happy is YOU so make that choice today pls I beg you.
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by segxi1960: 1:36pm On May 09, 2015
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by segxi1960: 1:37pm On May 09, 2015
You should write a letter of complaint to the head office demanding an explanation for what happened. Tell them you're ready to take the case up with regulatory agencies as you do not expect to be treated so shabbily in an institution you trust your money with.

Works like magic. You should get an official letter of apology from the bank and that girl would probably disappear.

I have had to write my own share of complaints as well.

This is indeed "the height of fuckery"

1 Like

Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by hopeforcharles(m): 2:38pm On May 09, 2015
Fvcking bank, i thought it was only me. When they took my remaining balance of 2k with no reasonable explaination even with the attitude of we will still take more, men i just port to GTB i think GTB is nice. They gives interest.withdrawal of more than 150k, zero to 200huns. I think i like them because no much shady deal.
Re: Eco Bank; The Height Of Fuckery by johnsontade: 6:13pm On May 09, 2015
unclebright:
Of cause if you don't have money you will walk into bank with Sadness and Walk out in Sadness. Even if you have money and you are not satisfy the same thing will still happen to you.

Eco Bank is a good bank, I Bank there and almost all my family bank there too. Life is a choice, you can decide to make yourself happy on your nest trip to eco bank. No one can ever make you happy, the only person that can make you happy is YOU so make that choice today pls I beg you.

I seriously think you are an Ecobank staff or probably related to one. I use ecobank for my salary account here in Lagos and i Can confirm that what the OP said it totally right.

I also bank with GTB and Diamond and have internet banking activated with them except ecobank all because of their unnecessary requirement ranging from utility bill to passport which i just felt was shitty.

Went to this same bank around 9am on the friday before the presidential election to withdraw and was i can't withdraw MY money because there was is no cash in the bank to serve customers. I also tried doing a transfer to my GTB not minding their high transfer charges and was told no network...i waited for 2hrs before till i later left out of frustration.

The day i got fed up was when my sister wanted to travel and i went to withdraw money for her ticket only to be told that the network is bad...i didn't know when i got so pissed, threatened to sue for damages if what i needed the money for later flops. I almost created a scene before their operations supervisor calmed me down and processed my withdrawal codedly via the backdoor means. Didn't even think it twice before i quickly went to HR to change my account details to my Diamond bank account.

In conclusion, Ecobank is so damn shitty and seriously needs to be sued for scamming Nigerians with their regular network issue lies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Broadcast Design And 3D Motion Graphics Design Studios In Lagos| Synectics LAB / Information About New CBN Directive / I Need Scrap Tyres @ Large Quantities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.