Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,232 members, 7,842,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

I am a god because I am a pastor. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I am a god because I am a pastor. (2369 Views)

When We Worship God Because Of Fear Of Hell / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Do People Worship God Because They Realy Love Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am a god because I am a pastor. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2007
The bible clearly states we are partakers in His divine nature-Christ's nature. Therefore true christians are gods,
"creation waiteth earnestly for the manifestation of the sons of God"."sons of God" here refers to true christians who will be changed quickly into the appearance of the sons of God when The Christ comes again
and guess who the sons of God are;gods
Re: I am a god because I am a pastor. by Grouppoint(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2007
Being a pastor does not make one a god.

However, Christ Himself reminded the scribes that scripture declared men to be gods.

If we are made in Gods image, then the image of God surely means that we are like God.

If Christ said, gretaer things will you do, did he not mean that when we begin to operate in our true roles as gods on this earth, we shall do even greater works.

Just my thoughts.
Re: I am a god because I am a pastor. by Grouppoint(m): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2007
Exodus 7:1

So the LORD said to Moses: See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

Why did God say this to Moses?
Re: I am a god because I am a pastor. by yongbabe(f): 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2007
@ KDK
u r not God u r some1 lookin 4 attention!
Re: I am a god because I am a pastor. by FtLawi: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
The almighty God is so superior to have a son. u guys should stop deceiving urself.... nasty issues. how can u say a person that doesn't av beginning nor end has a child. always reason before you talk.
Re: I am a god because I am a pastor. by Topgainer: 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
KDK:
I am a pastor and as such I am a god in every respect. TRUE OR FALSE ?
babaearly:
The bible clearly states we are partakers in His divine nature-Christ's nature. Therefore true christians are gods,
"creation waiteth earnestly for the manifestation of the sons of God"."sons of God" here refers to true christians who will be changed quickly into the appearance of the sons of God when The Christ comes again
and guess who the sons of God are;gods
No man is god except that some pastors had turned themselves into one in otherwords gathering unto themselves men who worship them.
A god means literally something that is worshipped and gathers reverence to himself. Synonymous in this sense with an Idol.
The quotation of Ps 82:6 for Pastors who see themselves as god is quoted and used out of context.
Ye are gods in the original translation is written as Ye are judges (elohim). In the traditional Jewish setting specially wise elders are seen as elohim, they sit in the congregation to decide cases and bring wise counsel to bear in matters concerning the people. The discussion of psalm 82 hinges on that
Again being partakers of divine nature does not make any man god or idol. The Bible went further to state that It has not yet been revealed what we shall be but at His appearing we shall be like him. There is a time attached to this effect; the When
One misconstruction of that passage is that the teachers and their congregation tend to deny the fact that they are humans with one heart, a skin that will age, a body that could be weakened by stress, health that could be challenged, they can thirst they can hunger, emotions that can run riot,

So do these 'gods' when exposed to disease causing organisms fall sick, pray and seek medical help? Do these self appointed gods age? Some of the faith teachers will say sometimes others will be in total denial to polish their god status

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shiloh 2007 / Tope Alabi Now Has A New Website / Typical 'illuminati' Mindset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.