Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,233 members, 7,849,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 (96219 Views)

Photo: Mathematician Successfully Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / Mathematician Successfully Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by MrJanuzaj: 9:49am On May 10, 2015
shedrack222:

He is right there is -10^2 is equal to -100

Stop disgracing yourself -10^2 is +100. negative integers do not have square root. That is why the √-4 is not -2. If u argue that that -10^2 means -1(10^2) the its no longer a square. And difference of two squares will never apply.

The OP failed the following

1. He did not Obey BODMAS
2. He gave a negative integer a square root
3. He did not consider the for difference of two squares to apply, it must be btw a and b, not a and a or b and b.

a^2 - b^2 is equals (a-b) (a+b) but a^2 -a^2 is 0

2 Likes

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 9:51am On May 10, 2015
livebullet:
.... if ur not a mathematician please keep ur peace. Remain silent.... dude did it logically right.
Very on point bro.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by ekolina(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2015
emekachimek:

The guy has succeeded in deceiving u too. -b^2 means -b x -b which will always give u a positive value. He ignored the sign before the 100 which is never done
. Guy stop this silly argument...you are wrong
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by yousouphe(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2015
Matilde1:
100-100 is equal to zero already. No need to move forward. Go and read math well please. cheesy
that's what you do if you go in to trigs in mathematics eg prove that sin2x+ cos2x = 1 going further is allowed.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 9:52am On May 10, 2015
omo this maths correct die... Op u na the best, u deserve nairaland award.....
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by ESSIETO(m): 9:53am On May 10, 2015
THE NEXT TIME HE TRIES IT WIT HIS MATH TEACHER, HE WIL NT FIND IT FUNNY WIT HIM.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Matilde1: 9:54am On May 10, 2015
adewaletb3:
So_fucking wrong. Why would you prove like a goat

what's happening with Nigeian?? 100-100 = 0 Don't go anywhere again!!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 9:57am On May 10, 2015
MrJanuzaj:

Stop disgracing yourself -10^2 is +100. negative integers do not have square root. That is why the √-4 is not -2. If u argue that that -10^2 means -1(10^2) the its no longer a square. And difference of two squares will never apply.

3. He did not consider the for difference of two squares to apply, it must be btw a and b, not a and a or b and b.

As long as there's a knowledgeable few. God bless you bro.

This is part of the reasons why we will still record mass failures in mathematics in waec. I won't be surprised if most of those saying he's correct are actually graduates.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Matilde1: 9:59am On May 10, 2015
wonda26:

10^2 - 10^2 = (10 + 10)(10-10) is very correct.

In mathematics, it is called 'Difference of two squares'

If you doubt, try simplifying the right hand side of the equation

dude (x+x)(x-x) where did you see this?? x-x = 0 na. check this is what the formula said: (a+b)(a-b)
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by agrovick(m): 9:59am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
He started failing it from the point where he struck out 10 and -10,the 10 on top is supposed to equate to -1 when divided by -1 which when put into the equation, will give you 19/10.
And secondly, you cant stricke out numbers that way. They are in brackets in their own different equations i.e an equation in an equation.
So my point is, the person who provided this so called 'proof' is a dullard
He is mathematically correct jor, he divided (10-10) by itself and that gave 1
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by remirez07(m): 10:01am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
Very Creative I tell you.... So students in the house.... You can use it to challenge ur teachers grin grin grin
the question and the answer shows that the solver is a GOAL.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by redsconsult(m): 10:01am On May 10, 2015
Matilde1:

what's happening with Nigeian?? 100-100 = 0 Don't go anywhere again!!
so many english teacher here frm the OP he is logically and mathematically correct but in other subjects like accounting, physics, english he is totally wrong. cos in real life application you cant get something from nothing

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by ogawisdom(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
Very Creative I tell you.... So students in the house.... You can use it to challenge ur teachers grin grin grin

Scientifically zero divided by zero equal to zero u dnt need any mathematics for this undecided only a common sense so d op is totally wrong

Any result outside this has made nonsense of d mathematics field tongue
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by agriboom: 10:06am On May 10, 2015
Chai! I swear I need to go back school angry

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by ekolina(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2015
logica:
Oops. Sorry. 0 cannot divide (cancel out) 0. That is, (10-10) cannot divide (10-10).
. You got where the fallacy is....
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by MurderX: 10:07am On May 10, 2015
OP's proof of his hypothesis is sound. He applied appropriate mathematical theories and proved that the white man's principles should not always be trusted.

This thread is not for everyone. It is strictly for Scientists and Engineers with 1st class and high 2-1 or Art and Commercial students with A1 or A2 in their GSCE/WAEC.Every other person should shut up or exit.

Too many gibberish being posted.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 10:08am On May 10, 2015
agrovick:

He is mathematically correct jor, he divided (10-10) by itself and that gave 1
my brother, i don't know if it's my eye, my phone or the weather, but what i'm seeing in the denominator is (0-10). That's probably what the people liking my first post are also seeing. I gave my hypothesis based on what i saw
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by ChikezieU(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2015
Nah lie what happened to numerator should also happen to the denominator
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 10:09am On May 10, 2015
According to BODMAS, u have to solve wat u have in bracket before division but you divided without solving wat u have in bracket. its only when we have unknown value like ''X or Y" dat is when we leave wat is in the bracket to divide d equation like dat
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 10:11am On May 10, 2015
soe:
seth...stop being stubborn.

Check again.

There is nothing like (0-10)
Maybe you should go on your laptop...it is (10-10) at the denominator.

Aside that...what you are saying is not done in mathematics.
You cannot say
(10-10)/(-10) = 10 - (10/-10)
= 10+1
= 11
Accept you are wrong
bros i can swear on grandpa's grave that my phone is showing me (0-10) as the denominator there and what you put down there isn't what i was implying.
And lastly, how da fvck did you know my name ?
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by doncharleyosumo(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:

I think this is a mathematical proof that something can come out of nothing, thus the Big Bang!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by oneluv4life(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2015
He fails woefully frm d step where he started to cross divide. Have u gorgotten ur BODMAS rule. Open the Bracket 1st before Division
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by brunofarad(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2015
Error page return.

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by catchcold1(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2015
lofty900:
mathematically correct, scientifically wrong
It depends on how u look @ it.
zero divided by itself is infinity, so if d dude got 2 as an answer,he is probably correct.
like I said,it depends on how u look at it!
I can do my own and get 4...there is nothing genius any the maths. Oyibo don tell us tey tey say infinity na the answer.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by tartar9(m): 10:17am On May 10, 2015
a foolish question deserves an equally foolish answer tongue
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 10:18am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
bros i can swear on grandpa's grave that my phone is showing me (0-10) as the denominator there and what you put down there isn't what i was implying.
And lastly, how da fvck did you know my name ?
try checking on your laptop. The guy never wrote anything like (0-10) anywhere in the paper .
And why did you use the word 'fvck'. Wasn't expecting such from you. Anyway...accept my fbk request whenever you can
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by ekolina(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
Jeeze, of all the people countering my post, your own idea is the most ridiculous. How can he strike out only the brackets ? Who thought you that kinda math ?
. You don't know shit. When you have similar brackets in both numerator and denominator it strikes out. However, he is wrong cuz at that point we have a solution. So that is where the mathematical fallacy lies (10-10)=0 so no needing proceeding further.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Chimex388: 10:21am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
my brother, i don't know if it's my eye, my phone or the weather, but what i'm seeing in the denominator is (0-10). That's probably what the people liking my first post are also seeing. I gave my hypothesis based on what i saw
check again, this time enlarge/zoom d screen...its (10-10) bro..#peace.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Anyi3(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2015
brunofarad:
Error page return.

I laugh at this. Bracket comes before division. Think of it this way. The bracket did come first. It was treated as a whole and used to cancel the whole bracket in the denominator.

Oya solve this 3(2+5)/(2+5). You can start expanding the brackets. Or you can easily cancel it out and get your answer as 3.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 10:23am On May 10, 2015
soe:
try checking on your laptop. The guy never wrote anything like (0-10) anywhere in the paper .
And why did you use the word 'fvck'. Wasn't expecting such from you. Anyway...accept my fbk request whenever you can
sorry bro, learnt a lot of that from dunder heads on Nairaland....gimme your mobile number. I need indepth info on how you know so much about me. I thought i had my backside covered
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by donchizzy07(m): 10:24am On May 10, 2015
MrJanuzaj:

nobody said it better...
there is no argument here..
anybody that did elementary maths would know that the OP didn't get it right..
this is what Einstein calls "insanity"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook / 2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.