Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (34347 Views)

Daughters Of Abdulmunafi Sarina, Owner Of Azman Air / How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria / Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by eyeke04: 9:27am On May 10, 2015
Chief Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group and owner of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company is a legend! Floating a vehicle manufacturing company in Nigeria isn’t just raising the bar; it is taking the entire lawyers home with you. I can’t just admire him enough, and imagine being him for a bit.

If you haven’t seen his cars anywhere around, that might be because you don’t live close to many government officials. He has been feeding majorly off official vehicles for Federal Government and a couple of big companies. But unless his cars are disposable, that B2B model is not going to hold out much longer. He has to start looking at consumers. Needless to say that there are major entrenched players in consumer cars, but IVM recently showcased #2.9M SUVs and a couple of other cars so I’m guessing he has his thoughts in that direction.

I believe there are ways he can carve out a niche in the consumer market by integrating a network of local support services and going tech. Here’s what he could do:

1) Change that logo. It looks like something designed with Word Art on 2003 Microsoft Word.

2) BRAND. Innoson represents the success of African enterprise. For me, an indigenous car manufacturer in Nigeria is a monumental success, a testimony to the fact that we have defied odds to achieve the unthinkable in Nigeria. IVM cars should be all about celebrating that African greatness. Owning an IVM car should simply mean “I am an African who defied odds to make it in Africa and this car is my trophy!” IVM could have a special line that is ONLY sold to African Royal Father, another one for great professionals, achievers and industrialists like himself, another one for their wives (My husband Udeme is a great man!), one for young professionals, etc. Make IVM a “statement” car! Once you pull up in an IVM, all you are saying is I am a great African!

3) Local support Network. He should have an army of local auto mechanics who can fix any IVM vehicle blindfolded and one hand tied. This is one secret almost all great software company understand, they all have a legion of engineers who can fix and extend their products within customers’ reach.

4) Go tech. This is 2015. Every single product’s performance can be remotely monitored using a cloud service. Detecting malfunctioning parts and notifying the owner, referring him/her to or calling up the nearest IVM certified mechanic in the event of a breakdown (hi, www.Autosave.com.ng), ordering original parts from IVM Konga store should all be part of the IVM experience. It should be impossible to steal/tamper with an IVM car in Nigeria. The cloud service can alert owner of what has been removed and/or report its current location. Instantly alert all nearby hospitals and ambulances in the event of an accident. This could mean partnering with a Telco for connectivity. I’m sure that if IVM visits Yaba (Nigeria’s tech capital), many companies will be more than happy to throw in a couple of months’ worth of free services for car owners.

5) Great Insurance plan. A partnership with a good insurance company could be a game changer. If anything goes wrong, IVM can fix/replace the car. I’m thinking the cloud service can serve as a “brainbox” to help quickly verify claims and shorten the processes.

I believe that he can benefit a lot by leveraging his understanding of the people and collaborating with a LARGE network of other local service providers to build a complete Nigerian lifestyle around IVM cars. I’m sure he can fit all these in and still keep the price low!

I’m sure people will like to see more benefits like free fuel for 1 year, exclusive refill during scarcity, free driver with every car, free breakfast for all primary school children car owners, propellers to fly past traffic, notification on latest movies on cinema and current price of garri but more importantly they will like to know that the car itself works perfectly in the first place and won’t be keeping its Great African owner stranded every now and then.

More grease to your cars and long live IVM.

Obi Ik
Founder, Gospoteric.com: Online Gospel Message store

First apperared on www.projectik..com

184 Likes 17 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by MizMyColi(f): 9:32am On May 10, 2015
THIS!

I was going to say that the name sounds rather Ibotic, but then I remembered Toyota first sounded Japanistic, before sounding globalastic. Let's promote Pro-Nigerian.

Way to go OP.
I like your Ideas.

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy
This should reach a wider audience.
Thank You.

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by marshalcarter: 9:41am On May 10, 2015
Innosons ko

Innodaughters ni

No german b1tch No b1tch

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by yimikaa: 9:41am On May 10, 2015
Op, you're making a whole lot of sense.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 9:48am On May 10, 2015
Talk cheap sha grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by eyeke04: 9:49am On May 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
THIS!

I was going to say that the name sounds rather Ibotic, but then I remembered Toyota first sounded Japanistic, before sounding globalastic. Let's promote Pro-Nigerian.

Way to go OP.
I like your Ideas.

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Ishilove.
This should reach a wider audience.
Thank You.

You're welcome. He probably sounds too Igbotic though (even though neither the name Innoson or his full name Innocent is Igbo). But for products like this, it will end up being about the performance of the car. If it is good, the name, no matter what it sounds like, will stick as a brand!

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by eyeke04: 9:51am On May 10, 2015
blizard44:
Talk cheap sha grin

Looool. If we no get money to build, make we at least run commentary. But in the end, none of those things there is difficult or expensive to do (apart from the cost of running the branding campaign)

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 10:04am On May 10, 2015
eyeke04:

Looool. If we no get money to build, make we at least run commentary. But in the end, none of those things there is difficult or expensive to do (apart from the cost of running the branding campaign)
Some things are more unrealistic than realistic.

If he decides to take the aformentioned advice for it, how on earth is he gonna make it?
Even General Motors in all its richness can't risk putting so much in a unit. At least, not when you can't pay a hundred milli for it.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by write2obi(m): 10:23am On May 10, 2015
Thread: If you were the owner of innoson vehicle manufacturing company

Answer: you are not grin
so chill and stop ranting

18 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by wachakuta(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2015
Innoson my role Model....

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Horus(m): 12:58am On Nov 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWuXD3kzBw

[size=15pt]Innocent Chukwuma Talks About His Made In Nigeria Cars & How He Wants To Expand To Africa[/size]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by kennyman2000(m): 4:28am On Nov 28, 2015
Nice one
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by naijacutee(f): 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
Great ideas there! However, the logistics of just producing pure water in Nigeria are so complicated that you can only marvel at how Innoson is producing and selling cars successfully. Your suggestions are top-notch, but I wonder if they have the right people around them to give them this sort of advice and an actionable 5 - 10 year plan in which to implement.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by McEwen(m): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dreamers undecided
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Firefire(m): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
You see...

9:27am On May 10 to 9:10 pm On November 28.

8 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by edlion57(m): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
Is alright
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by blesseddivah(f): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
Well, as it stands you're not the owner tongue
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by dazekid(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Rather than write business proposal/plan and present it officially to his company and get paid you decided to write an article to post on nairaland and get comments. One sharp guy from innoson would catch this now and b getting promotion upandan.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by alawi5k: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
End time wish.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by smarrrt(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmh
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by engrjosefz(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Zaikon(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
nice but how him go take see your post

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by valnosky(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
McEwen:
Dreamers undecided
receive sense ijn

3 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by DickDastardly(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ok
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
Op should do more research and ask innoson to pay him for consultancy.

5 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Adonis86(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there's a 50% chance you'll die within the next 3 years.
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There's a 9% chance that you'll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body "falls asleep", You can almost always "wake it up" by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing - food, attractive people and danger.
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side.
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one every day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia.
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 minutes to boil 1.5 liters of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell!!
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
20. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
21. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
22. When you wake up in the morning, pray to ask God's guidance for your purpose, today.
23. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
24. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
25. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
26. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts and things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
27. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
28. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
29. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything.
30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
31. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
32. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
33. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
34. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
35. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
36. Help the needy, Be generous! Be a 'Giver' not a 'Taker'
37. What other people think of you is none of your business.
38. Time heals everything.
39. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
40. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. Each night before you go to bed, pray to God and be thankful for what you accomplished, today. What if you woke up this morning and only had what you thanked God for yesterday? DON’T FORGET TO THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING.
43. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Now: Think about forwarding this to your friends to help them lead a happier and healthier life, too!

65 Likes 19 Shares

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by luvinhubby(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
This should be in car talk.

Lalasticlala.
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by wachakuta(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by menix(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
End Time wishes..
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by mightyrocket(m): 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
Imagination..... if tinz nooni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Nigerian Banks Among Top 500 Global Banks / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it / Hauwa Indimi & Mohammed Yar'adua Welcome First Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.