Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive (1610 Views)

Lg G2 Screen / Lg G2 Screen Touch / Help: LG G2 Touch Screen Unresponsive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by larrytorch(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2015
Pls, I jus started using this phone "LG G2" not more than 5 months, now I'm surprised that the upper part of the screen suddenly became unresponsive although it fell once about a month after i started using it. I did both soft and hard reset, also removed the screen protector wc gave me no positive result.
I don't know if it is the touch pad that is faulty or any other cause i dont knw about. Someone should pls help.

Thank you in advance
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by GogetterMD(m): 10:26am On May 10, 2015
A very minute part of the upper screen is cracked, that's why it's unresponsive. And you prolly can't see it except you look very closely and carefully (with the screen off)
Only a screen change would rectify that
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by larrytorch(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2015
GogetterMD:
A very minute part of the upper screen is cracked, that's why it's unresponsive. And you prolly can't see it except you look very closely and carefully (with the screen off)
Only a screen change would rectify that

The screen is still displaying perfectly
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by Nobody: 10:44am On May 10, 2015
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by Nobody: 10:44am On May 10, 2015
Those are LG products for you my lg g2 screen started flickering one year after I bought it I changed the screen twice still the problem persisted. Never buy an lg product again not even an lg tv or laptop they always have screen problems.
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by GogetterMD(m): 11:12am On May 10, 2015
larrytorch:

The screen is still displaying perfectly
That's because it's an IPS screen. A few pixels damaged doesn't affect the display
I once owned a G2 that had the same problem
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by GogetterMD(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Those are LG products for you my lg g2 screen started flickering one year after I bought it I changed the screen twice still the problem persisted. Never buy an lg product again not even an lg tv or laptop they always have screen problems.
False on that bro. LG make some of the most durable appliances in the Nigerian market. Almost all my household appliances are LG.
The reason why the problem with your phone persisted is probably because you didn't take it to the authorised LG warranty Centre. Normal computer village boys barely know how to fix things properly, they only make a mess of your phone
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by larrytorch(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2015
GogetterMD:

False on that bro. LG make some of the most durable appliances in the Nigerian market. Almost all my household appliances are LG.
The reason why the problem with your phone persisted is probably because you didn't take it to the authorised LG warranty Centre. Normal computer village boys barely know how to fix things properly, they only make a mess of your phone

Pls, what do u suggest I shud do ?
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by GogetterMD(m): 11:40am On May 10, 2015
larrytorch:

Pls, what do u suggest I shud do ?
Its either you manage it like that or you change the screen entirely. Shebi it's just a very small section of the 5.2 inch screen that is affected?
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 10, 2015
GogetterMD:

Funny enough I took it to LG office both in Nigeria and in Ghana. don't buy lg products my friend bought an lg g3 and 2 months after usage. he had the same screen problem. the phone has never fallen or anything.
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by larrytorch(m): 2:21pm On May 10, 2015
GogetterMD:

Its either you manage it like that or you change the screen entirely. Shebi it's just a very small section of the 5.2 inch screen that is affected?

I'm a game lover! I can't play games on it as a result of that damaged part
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by GogetterMD(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2015
larrytorch:

I'm a game lover! I can't play games on it as a result of that damaged part
You would have to change the screen then. Visit the LG customer service center at Ikeja or Apapa
Re: Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive by larrytorch(m): 6:22pm On May 10, 2015
GogetterMD:

You would have to change the screen then. Visit the LG customer service center at Ikeja or Apapa

alright, thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A Clone (FAKE) Android Phone. / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers / The First MT6580 Device To Do Android 6.0 Will Be Announced?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.