Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? (16485 Views)

Deliverance Through Prayer / Revival Through Prayer / Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by nobeku: 5:18pm On May 10, 2015
SuperSuave:
I think Hezikiah changed Gods will in the bible.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER can you change God's will..To think in dat direction is even blasphemy!
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by free2ryhme: 5:19pm On May 10, 2015
lampardizik:

But He can "repent"

Yes he did and it's does not mean God erred
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Jackeeh(m): 5:19pm On May 10, 2015
exxell:

You survived that illness not because you changed God's will but only because your time is not up. Bro, if your time is up, if you like pray from now till infinity.... You will leave this earth. This is one of the reasons I pity Christians... Ignorance at its peak. So, you really think that all these people that die in accidents that none of them prayed before embarking on a journey? Or in Nepal where ten thousand died? You guys dont really understand what is happening in this world.

And who decides when one's time is up? His name is JEHOVAH. You can pity Christians all you want. on judgement day, we will equally pity u. But I pray u have a change of heart before that day. I don't know about those who died due to accidents. I don't know about Nepal. All I know is I have a very close and personal relationship with the Creator of this whole universe. I tell Him what I want and as long as it's in line with His words, He honors them. I don't have to wait for anyone to tell me about this God. I personally seek Him everyday nd I've found Him. We are living in a corrupt and wicked world. We humans have spoilt this world for ourselves. And since satan is the ruler of this world, anyone who hasn't chosen God, is a pawn in satan's hands. The only thing we have is choice. In a terrible world as this, I've chosen God and life. So I'll live till I'm ready to go. Not before. It's my decision and choice. If everyone can choose God, our time on this earth would be much sweeter.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 10, 2015
THE WILL OF GOD CONCERNING MANKIND IN GENERAL CAN'T BE CHANGED. THAT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CAN BE CHANGED FOR GOD TRU PRAYERS. READ DEUT.32:4; GEN.50:20; ISAIAH.55:8; JERE.18:8; JERE.29:11 ETC
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by nobeku: 5:26pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

Yes. God's will for hezekiah was death at the time. but hezekiah wept and prayed an additional 15 years into his life. That's the reason I get mad when people give up and let themselves die before their time. I've survived a terminal illness and I'm still alive. I'm not in a hurry to die. They that know their God shall do exploits. When you know what God's word says concerning your situation and you hold Him by His words, He has no choice than to comply because na Him talk am. and Him no dey lie. Christianity is sweet.
God NEVER EVER changes his Will seeing that he knows the end from the beginning..You have got dis Hezekiah story out of de main context or subject of discourse..Are you saying that God did not know that Hezekiah will fall ill even before his grandparents were born?Did God miss out on something?Do a little extra studying of scripture so that you can rightly divide scripture!
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by nobeku: 5:30pm On May 10, 2015
Kay17:

It should depend on how perfect God's will is. Wills do change in order to avert error, and if God sees his will contains errors, prayers might shed light to this and God would then change.
TOTAL BULLOCKS!BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Cvesta(m): 5:30pm On May 10, 2015
Going by your Bible? Yes.The story of Jabez in the Old Testament would Suffice but am not much a Fan of The Bible and so Philosophically,NO. This is because the concept of determinism says our life is already known by God prior to our birth.what power do we have as actors to rewrite the script of a film by the chief chief-editor,the Benevolent Despot himself?
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by HopeAlive14(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2015
lepasharon:

what do you have to say about amputees?

I am sure no one prays to be sick, amputated or involved in accidents, though they do happen.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by nobeku: 5:45pm On May 10, 2015
Gwazah:

Don't be stup*d pls, if u are not a Christian then ur teachings are not the same with ours.if only I know ur religion I wud have know how to tackle ur illness.
you are de slowpoke here..de guy you replied has got better scriptural scholarship way ahead of you in miles..
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Jackeeh(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2015
nobeku:
God NEVER EVER changes his Will seeing that he knows the end from the beginning..You have got dis Hezekiah story out of de main context or subject of discourse..Are you saying that God did not know that Hezekiah will fall ill even before his grandparents were born?Did God miss out on something?Do a little extra studying of scripture so that you can rightly divide scripture!

Are you also aware God "repented" of ever creating man? He created man. So why be shocked at what man turned out to be? Are you also aware of how "amazed" Jesus was at the faith of The Centurion? He is God yet He can still be amazed. Of cos He is God. what is God's will as concerns life and health? He said we shall live and not die. He said by HIS stripes we are healed. I could go on and on. Jesus came to do the will of the Father. and He went about doing good and healing the sick. Healing is the Father's will. So if my life is being threatened by sickness and death, and His will for me is to live, I choose life. God knew about Hezekiah's situation. He sent a message to Hezekiah. He wanted to test if Hezekiah would reason with Him. this all knowing God permits certain situations most times to test how far we're willing to reason with Him. Fortunately Hezekiah was a man who understood God's will as it concerns health. And he went to God in prayer. God was pleased and increased hezekiah's years.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by ayoromer: 5:49pm On May 10, 2015
yes God wil for any man can change in d bible saul was atil alife wen God toke his drowm n guv it to David wen God giv u a telent dat is not use to save him n praise him God can change his mind against such person whuch is his wil for dat person
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by olempe(m): 5:51pm On May 10, 2015
SuperSuave:
I think Hezikiah changed Gods will in the bible.
And it ended badly for him. Go read the story till the end of his life.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Kay17: 5:54pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

And who decides when one's time is up? His name is JEHOVAH. You can pity Christians all you want. on judgement day, we will equally pity u. But I pray u have a change of heart before that day. I don't know about those who died due to accidents. I don't know about Nepal. All I know is I have a very close and personal relationship with the Creator of this whole universe. I tell Him what I want and as long as it's in line with His words, He honors them. I don't have to wait for anyone to tell me about this God. I personally seek Him everyday nd I've found Him. We are living in a corrupt and wicked world. We humans have spoilt this world for ourselves. And since satan is the ruler of this world, anyone who hasn't chosen God, is a pawn in Satan's hands. The only thing we have is choice. In a terrible world as this, I've chosen God and life. So I'll live till I'm ready to go. Not before. It's my decision and choice. If everyone can choose God, our time on this earth would be much sweeter

Is a prayer a command or a petition?

If it is a command, then all that matters is the validity of the authority and whether it is recognized.

If it is a petition, then it must be pleading for a correction of an error. Otherwise what would be the point of a petition against total perfection?!
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Gwazah(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2015
nobeku:
you are de slowpoke here..de guy you replied has got better scriptural scholarship way ahead of you in miles..
I am judging u based on ur reply because it shows how empty head u are.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by nobeku: 5:56pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

Are you also aware God "repented" of ever creating man? He created man. So why be shocked at what man turned out to be? Are you also aware of how "amazed" Jesus was at the faith of The Centurion? He is God yet He can still be amazed. Of cos He is God. what is God's will as concerns life and health? He said we shall live and not die. He said by HIS stripes we are healed. I could go on and on. Jesus came to do the will of the Father. and He went about doing good and healing the sick. Healing is the Father's will. So if my life is being threatened by sickness and death, and His will for me is to live, I choose life. God knew about Hezekiah's situation. He sent a message to Hezekiah. He wanted to test if Hezekiah would reason with Him. this all knowing God permits certain situations most times to test how far we're willing to reason with Him. Fortunately Hezekiah was a man who understood God's will as it concerns health. And he went to God in prayer. God was pleased and increased hezekiah's years.
GOD NEVER REPENTS seeing he is NOT MAN..Be careful here..De word REPENT is not a good rendition for dat phrase in scripture..And please stop reading scriptures LITERALLY..I see dats de problem here..Is something wrong with you?God was SHOCKEDJesus AMAZED?HA!!!Bros you are being Blasphemous here...dis topic is not for sunday school or for "milk drinking" christains"...You have a lot to learn..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by biddieluvzyaho(f): 5:57pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

Yes. God's will for hezekiah was death at the time. but hezekiah wept and prayed an additional 15 years into his life. That's the reason I get mad when people give up and let themselves die before their time. I've survived a terminal illness and I'm still alive. I'm not in a hurry to die. They that know their God shall do exploits. When you know what God's word says concerning your situation and you hold Him by His words, He has no choice than to comply because na Him talk am. and Him no dey lie. Choosing JESUS is sweet.
I love dis,bringing his words back 2 him n reminding him of his promises!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Kay17: 5:58pm On May 10, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

God sees everything that was, that is and that will be. So His will cannot contain errors. Perhaps he may test us (for our benefit and the benefit of others) but he already knows the result!

I will open a new thread on the topic God.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Ekestar(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2015
Yes. The easiest way to change Gods will in your life is by disobeying him. The bible said that Gods will is for us to prosper and live heavenly life on earth. Until you start living like son of light on earth the will of God is not manifesting in your life. But just know that God is ready to bring his will to manifestation in your life only when you start living a born again life, he does not force his will on you. His will is the best but you must realize it and ask for it to manifest if not the enemy 'Satan' will never allow this will to manifest. This is the reason many people have received prophesy that they will be great but most of them died poor. Until you fight back to posses your possession the kingdom of darkness will be an obstacle. This is the reason why the bible said that since the day of john the baptist the kingdom of God suffereth violent and only the violent taketh it by force.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Ekestar(m): 6:03pm On May 10, 2015
Yes. The easiest way to change Gods will in your life is by disobeying him. The bible said that Gods will is for us to prosper and live heavenly life on earth. Until you start living like son of light on earth the will of God is not going to manifest in your life. But just know that God is ready to bring his will to manifestation in your life only when you start living a born again life, he does not force his will on you. His will is the best but you must realize it and ask for it to manifest if not the enemy 'Satan' will never allow this will to manifest. This is the reason many people have received prophesy that they will be great but most of them died poor. Until you fight back to posses your possession the kingdom of darkness will be an obstacle. This is the reason why the bible said that since the day of john the baptist the kingdom of God suffereth violent and only the violent taketh it by force.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Lilimax(f): 6:05pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

Yes. God's will for hezekiah was death at the time. but hezekiah wept and prayed an additional 15 years into his life. That's the reason I get mad when people give up and let themselves die before their time. I've survived a terminal illness and I'm still alive. I'm not in a hurry to die. They that know their God shall do exploits. When you know what God's word says concerning your situation and you hold Him by His words, He has no choice than to comply because na Him talk am. and Him no dey lie. Choosing JESUS is sweet.
Spot on brother!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Lilimax(f): 6:08pm On May 10, 2015
HopeAlive14:
There is a Perfect Will of God for us.

Often times God grants us "permissive will" due to our insistence impatience.

It is far best and glorious for God's Perfect Will to prevail rather than His permissive will.
You said my mind. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Jackeeh(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2015
nobeku:
GOD NEVER REPENTS seeing he is NOT MAN..Be careful here..De word REPENT is not a good rendition for dat phrase in scripture..And please stop reading scriptures LITERALLY..I see dats de problem here..Is something wrong with you?God was SHOCKEDJesus AMAZED?HA!!!Bros you are being Blasphemous here...dis topic is not for sunday school or for "milk drinking" christains"...You have a lot to learn..

Genesis 6:6. 1 Samuel 15:11. Matthew 8:5-13.
God’s repentance is not like man’s. I take that to mean that God is not taken off guard by unexpected turns of events like we are. He knows all the future. (“Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them,” Isaiah 42:9). Nor does God ever sin. So his repentance is not owing to lack of foresight nor to folly.
Rather, the repentance of God is his expression of a different attitude and action about something past or future—not because events have taken him off guard, but because events make the expression of a different attitude more fitting now than it would have been earlier. God’s mind “changes,” not because it responds to unforeseen circumstances, but because he has ordained that his mind accord with the way he himself orders the changing events of the world.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by obowunmi(m): 6:14pm On May 10, 2015
If its not his will, he won't answer you anyways.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:15pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

Then how would you explain the prayers of Jesus in these verses ...
Matthew 26:39
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Matthew 26:42
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
I think if it's God's will , it's better at its set time of fulfilment, remember that Hezekiah's additional 15years was spent in captivity ...
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by poik(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2015
Orijin101:
During our Sunday school service in church today, this question was being asked by one of our members and it leads to a serious argument. So, I've decided to share the same question with you guys also.

Is it possible to change God's will through prayer?

your opinions are highly welcome.
cc: lalasticlala

Prov. 19:21- there are many devices in a man's heart, nevertheless, the counsel of the Lord shall stand. If we say God is omniscient and omnipresent, and omnipotent, then the answer to that question is clear. But there is something called permissive will. There are instances in the Scripture where God listened to man's effectual prayer eg when Hezekiah was to die and he asked for more time, yet evrything will boil down to what God wants to achieve.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by ogaprime(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2015
cold:
Hmm..if you all agree that god knows all and sees all. Knows the beginning and the end and has everything planned to the hilt then why pray at all? What purpose do prayers serve?

If you don't believe there is spiritual realm, den don't bother to prayer...
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Jackeeh(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2015
[quote author=AdeniyiA post=33607688]
Then how would you explain the prayers of Jesus in these verses ...

I think if it's God's, it's better at its set time of fulfilment, remember that Hezekiah's additional 15years was spent in captivity ...[/quote

The Father's will was for His beloved Son to come and "DIE" for you and me. Nothing and nobody would have stopped this great God from destroying the people who came for Jesus that night. If that had happened, hmmmmmmm there would be no "BLOOD" speaking for u n I today. There would be no atonement. And Of course My Lord Jesus added, "let your will be done" . Alas at the end, the Master's will was done. Jesus was crucified and buried. Guess what? He didn't stay buried. He arose. He lived again. He's alive. Forever He will live. And because of His death, I have life. You have life when once you receive Him. Not that is God's will.

As for Hezekiah, just as is peculiar to men, he sinned greatly after this great gift of fifteen more years of life and the deliverance of Jerusalem. We might say that Hezekiah sinned in at least five ways:

· Pride, in that he was proud of the honors the Babylonians brought.
· Ingratitude, in that he took honor to himself that really belonged to God.
· Abusing the gifts given to him, where he took the gifts and favors to his own honor and gratification of his lusts (2 Chronicles 32:25-26).
· Carnal confidence, in that he trusted in the league he had made with the King of Babylon.
· Missing opportunity, in that he had a great opportunity to testify to the Babylonian envoys about the greatness of God and the LORD’s blessing on Judah. Instead, he chose to glorify himself. And he paid dearly for it. We should all learn from this and not use this occurrence as a tool for argument.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2015
Jackeeh:

i dnt bliv u can change Gods will, bt i bliv everytin is like programing bkos God knws whats gon happen 2morow. So its like this, if ezekiah weeps 4 additional 15years, give him. Else let him die... Chikena. Like if u agree wit me
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by cly490(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2015
Yes its possible.hezekiah did it.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Reference(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2015
If it is impossible to change a man's will after death how can one imagine changing God's Will after the death and ressurection. It is not possible.

What I suppose people mean is if the products of His will are realizable or not. This is entirely up to the believer. 'Be it unto you according to your faith.' Most of us believers at the expiry of our time will have accessed only minute fractions of the contents due primarily to the 'less than ideal relationship we have with Him'. Even servants, slaves of an earthly master will see better than so called sons of the Most High.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by alolatee(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2015
Orijin101:
During our Sunday school service in church today, this question was being asked by one of our members and it leads to a serious argument. So, I've decided to share the same question with you guys also.

Is it possible to change God's will through prayer?

your opinions are highly welcome.
cc: lalasticlala

.... No because Nobody can change the mind of God.But through prayers again,Hezekiah obtained mercy when he was told he will die, he prayed and God added 15 more years to his years.You cannot change God's will but through prayers one can obtain mercy.Another point in case was when God told Moses he will destroy Isreal and raise a generation in Moses.But Moses prayed and he obtained mercy.
So i conclude, No you can't change the will of God, you can only obtain mercy with God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / Wearing CAP In Church / Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.