Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,942 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness (2147 Views)

Select All Rows Where The Sum Of Column Equals A Value / Column Visibility And Sequence / SQL (mysql) Commands To Add Two Or More Column. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by jonezz(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2015
I have a website with mobile view support.

The site is responsive in all browser including Opera but if opera single column view is turned ON, it loses its responsiveness.

Please how can i retain it?
Appreciate any help.

Regards.
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by JackOfAllTrades: 8:35pm On May 10, 2015
losing it's responsiveness in what sense? is it that part of the site text or image is cut off or scrolling left and right due to overflow?
check your HTML if your viewport is correctly set and check your CSS for the smallest supported min-width

using position : fixed sometimes affect opera in rendering your content correctly
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by blueyedgeek(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2015
When opera mini is run with single column view turned on, it tends to overwrite styles with it's own custom styles. You can specify a stylesheet with it's media attribute set to handheld, opera should obey the rules specified there. Read through this link to understand how opera mini works and how to get around some of it's discrepancies

https://dev.opera.com/articles/opera-mini-content-authoring-guidelines/

1 Like

Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by jonezz(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
losing it's responsiveness in what sense? is it that part of the site text or image is cut off or scrolling left and right due to overflow?
check your HTML if your viewport is correctly set and check your CSS for the smallest supported min-width

using position : fixed sometimes affect opera in rendering your content correctly
my view port is okay sir. it works on opera but not when single column is turned on. that's the issue am wanting to solve
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by jonezz(m): 8:28am On May 11, 2015
blueyedgeek:
When opera mini is run with single column view turned on, it tends to overwrite styles with it's own custom styles. You can specify a stylesheet with it's media attribute set to handheld, opera should obey the rules specified there. Read through this link to understand how opera mini works and how to get around some of it's discrepancies

https://dev.opera.com/articles/opera-mini-content-authoring-guidelines/
thank you sir, i will check the link
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by jonezz(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2015
Thanks people. Read the link provided by blueyedgeek and got it solved.
I added media="handheld" and media="all" to my stylesheet.
Works great whether single column turned on or off.
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by JackOfAllTrades: 11:01am On May 11, 2015
interesting! problem solved
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by jonezz(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2015
Yea sir, it is solved, tnx also for your contribution
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by fattbabakay(m): 11:03am On May 13, 2015
Nice one
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by PROFLOVY(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2015
instead of media queries..You could still use JavaScript to redirect ur index page to mobile view page with your own styles....
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by eugy45(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2016
Sir Please where and how did you add the handheld
Is it this way: <link rel="stylesheet" media="handheld" type="text/css" href="mystyle.css" />
I came across ur post and am having same Issue please help me.
jonezz:
Thanks people.
Read the link provided by blueyedgeek and got it solved.

I added media="handheld" and media="all" to my stylesheet.

Works great whether single column turned on or off.
Re: Opera Single Column View Overwriting Site Responsiveness by Gift101(m): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
jonezz:

my view port is okay sir. it works on opera but not when single column is turned on. that's the issue am wanting to solve

in your <link rel="stylesheet">

add media="all" to it.

Do not leave it as "screen" only

Do it and thank me later

(1) (Reply)

Skill / Computer Based Test (cbtest) In Django (opensource) / Are There Programmers With CS Degree But Can't Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.