Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago (2329 Views)

Happy Bob Marley Day May 11 Remembering A Legend Who Died 36 Years Ago / Remembering These Dead Nollywood Actors / May 11....today Is Marley Day!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by succyreal(m): 4:30am On May 11, 2015
Greetings in the name of the Most High.
Today Rastas and reggae lovers all over the world are remembering the late
reggae legend, song writer, activist
and inspirer Hon. Nesta Marley popularly know as "Bob Marley". He was the one who popularize reggae music and a disciple of Rastafarianism. Bob Marley who died of cancer in
a Miami hospital, US, on May 11, 1981. He was
only 36 years. May 11 is now globally recognized
as Bob Marley’s Day. A day observed by playing
only the songs of the reggae maestro and
showcasing the rastafarian root culture.
To show a rekindled rastafarians, and reggae loving spirit all over the world, people are expected to play Bob Marley music and to also wearing rasta attires and march through major
streets of the city preaching the message of Haile
Selassie I who they call Jah.
Most rastafarians see Haile Selassie I as Jah or
Jah Rastafari, an incarnation of God the Father.
Bob Marley died of malignant melanoma, a
dangerous type of cancer that was found on his
toe in May 11, 1981. His physician, it was learnt,
recommended amputating the toe to stop the
spread of the cancer but Marley refused due to
his strong Rastafarian belief that no part of body
should be cut off including the hair and beard.
A Bible verse that Rastafarians hold as very
important is Leviticus 21:5 – “They shall not
make baldness upon their head, neither shall they
shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any
cuttings in the flesh.” Bob Marley eventually allow
for a skin graft in place of a full amputation. It
seemed ineffective or simply too late.
By the late summer of 1980, the cancer had
spread throughout his body. While he was in New
York City performing, Marley collapsed during a
jog through Central Park. He performed for the
last time in September of 1980 in Pittsburgh, a
performance that was remastered and released in
February of 2011 as Bob Marley and the Wailers
Live Forever.
Intending to fly home to Jamaica, he became
even sicker while in transit, and the plane stopped
over in Miami, where he died on May 11, 1981.
According to some reports, his final words were
spoken to his son Ziggy Marley “Money can’t buy
life.” So in the loving memory of Bob Marley, let us join our heart together to mark his remembrance.
Respect to Bob Marley
One love.
As for me you( Bob Marley) will forever live in my heart.
May your gentle soul continue to rest in peace. One love

Nuff respect from Sage Esit-ime Idiok

1 Share

Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by estyvino(m): 4:37am On May 11, 2015
Take a look @ the LEGEND, you will always be remembered. ONE LOVE, ONE HEART
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Nobody: 4:45am On May 11, 2015
The very definition of the word "legend".
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Dollar101(m): 4:51am On May 11, 2015
RIP to the one and only Bob Marley...The kind of reggae...LENGEND!!!
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by manutdadex(m): 4:52am On May 11, 2015
icon! Not people like baba iyabo, tifnubu, ibb, Atiku..etc
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Nobody: 5:05am On May 11, 2015
kiss A true Legend, fell in love with his music at a very pretty young age.
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by kilokeys(m): 5:22am On May 11, 2015
Nneka123:
kiss A true Legend, fell in love with his music at a very pretty young age.
i could do a cover of redemption song for ya.. if u let me. u know what i mean
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Nobody: 5:38am On May 11, 2015
kilokeys:

i could do a cover of redemption song for ya.. if u let me. u know what i mean
grin. you could drop a VN. tongue smiley
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by kilokeys(m): 5:41am On May 11, 2015
Nneka123:
grin. you could drop a VN. tongue smiley

for d public?. asko.. summertime sadness.. if u wanna hear me play it on d guitar.. hmm besides. ur taste in music is superb. gothic, sad somehow sha.. but quite deep
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by xreal: 5:48am On May 11, 2015
oh. Highly remembered today.

Bob Marley.

Africa unite.....
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Nobody: 6:04am On May 11, 2015
A hero lives on!
JAH bless his soul.

Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Nobody: 6:05am On May 11, 2015
kilokeys:

for d public?. asko.. summertime sadness.. if u wanna hear me play it on d guitar.. hmm besides. ur taste in music is superb. gothic, sad somehow sha.. but quite deep
I love music that speaks to me smiley, I relate so well when listening to "summertime sadness"

It's like there's this part of me that wants to let go of something, but stuck and astray lipsrsealed, will you make a cover? please make a cover grin

you can drop in on that VN thread.
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by iheanyi40(m): 6:07am On May 11, 2015
RIP to d rastafarian
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by kilokeys(m): 6:10am On May 11, 2015
Nneka123:
I love music that speaks to me smiley, I relate so well when listening to "summertime sadness"

It's like there's this part of me that wants to let go of something, but stuck and astray lipsrsealed, will you make a cover? please make a cover grin

you can drop in on that VN thread.

i already done a one minute cover.. lyrics too plenty.. i dont wanna drop it here.. its in ur mail. enjoy
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by succyreal(m): 6:20am On May 11, 2015
RIP BOb Marley I will never stop playing your music. such as on love, forever loving, dumpy conquerer, natty dread, etc
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Mrval20(m): 6:37am On May 11, 2015
R.I.P, Bob.
But these Rastafarians need to grow up. Even Selassie himself tried to make them understand that he is not a reincarnation of any supreme being.
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by obiak4(m): 6:56am On May 11, 2015
R.I.P(RETURN IF POSSIBLE)
HE IS DEATH BUT HIS WORKS LIVE FOREVER
AWA TO KUN KA GBA AYE SEY RERE(WE ALIFE SHOULD EMULATE, AND DO GOOD) APOLOGIZES FOR MY BAD YORUBA LANGUAGE
AM JUST A NIGERIAN SIKENA
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Lordave: 7:06am On May 11, 2015
Could you be loved
And be love
Don't let them fool ya
Or even try to school ya. Oh, no!

LOVE WOULD NEVER LEAVE US ALONE, A-yin the darkness there must come out to light

Legend, I no like egbo and they say na egbo kill you. But why I love you more than my immediate ex na wetin me I no understand undecided
RIP
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by Nobody: 7:28am On May 11, 2015
kilokeys:

i already done a one minute cover.. lyrics too plenty.. i dont wanna drop it here.. its in ur mail. enjoy
you killed it cool
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by succyreal(m): 7:42am On May 11, 2015
"I and I will never go astray just like the sunny day". when I remember this I keep on believing that Zion train will soon come when all African unite with one love.
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by succyreal(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2015
playing your music really satisfied my soul.

Here are some things you need to know about Bob Marley https://www.nairaland.com/2306818/10-things-need-know-bob
Re: 2015 Bob Marley Day: Remembering A Legend Who Died 34 years ago by kilokeys(m): 7:28pm On May 12, 2015
Nneka123:
you killed it cool
sent two others.. iyaff try o.. so drop off what i requested too kpom

(1) (Reply)

DID Amber Rose's Boobs Grow Bigger Or What??? (see These Photos) / 7 Hot Nigerian Celebrity Gele Gang / Cynthia Morgan Steps Out In Denim Jumpsuit...hell Yeah Or Hell Nah???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.