Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Best Network For Cheaper Calls - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Network For Cheaper Calls (6658 Views)

Which Of These Nigerian Telcos Is Your Preferred Network For Internet? / Glo Launches Cheaper Calls To 30 Countries / The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 14, 2015
Ccanyanwu:
.he was trying to make it look like its only etisalat that offers 2gb@2k.mind u etisalat doesn't consume data at double the rate and etisalat browsing speed beats that of mtn.
MTN remains the best in that regard sorry to say. From my personal experience and that of other Nigerians MTN burns slower on any data you buy Or Are given for free.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 11:57pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Etisalat starter charges 40k/sec first min and 20k/sec subsequent mins. 2. You recharge N200 to give N600 bonus to call all networks but the bonus rate is 40k/sec from bonus account. 3. You are only allowed to register 5 etisalat numbers on your "You and Me". The charging rate from bonus is 40k/sec. In a nutshell, all bonus account are billed 40k/sec whether You and Me or Weekednd offer.
Are you saying that etisalat easy starter gives 200% bonus on recharges of N200 and above? for me I only get 100% on my easycliq line.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 12:09am On May 15, 2015
donhils:

Did I ever say anything about MTN zone? have been talking about airtel 2good premier.
Oh! sorry
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 12:19am On May 15, 2015
asuustrike2009:

MTN remains the best in that regard sorry to say. From my personal experience and that of other Nigerians MTN burns slower on any data you buy Or Are given for free.
From personal experience it's the same for me etisalat or mtn
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 12:27am On May 15, 2015
donhils:

How can 2gb at 2k be very good when Glo offers 4.5GB at N2500? MTN also offers 4.5GB at N2500 although in this one T&C applies but in the long run it's still better than 2gb at 2k.
MTN 4.5g is N2,500 right? 1.5g during day and 3g at night isn't it? But supposing you had exhausted 1.5g during the day, would you wait till night to browse?. Supposing after browsing at night and you were left with say 2.9g, can you use it during the day to browse?. the answer is "No". You would have to wait till night again to continue browsing. That was why glo came up with 4.5g to browse both day and night. The browsing speed of glo is slow nearly in all the states in Nigeria and those that bought their data hardly exhaust it before it expires. Etisalat and Airtel offer android bundle @ N2,000 for 2g which is a bit fair considering their network speed is fast in nearly the 36 states of the federation. At least 60% of airtel and 80% of etisalat network base have good network reception for browsing. Glo may offer 4.5g but you might not finish it depending on your location. So many nairalander had complained about them. MTN may seems perfect but the data allocation for day and night spoilt it all. MTN better Me plan seems sceptical even though it is 2015 for N2,015, they are silent on whether you can browse all sites as you use your normal data. Perharps that is why etisalat introduce android bundle even down to the N1,000 for 1g( selected sims only) after the Heat from other operators.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 12:57am On May 15, 2015
donhils:

How can 2gb at 2k be very good when Glo offers 4.5GB at N2500? MTN also offers 4.5GB at N2500 although in this one T&C applies but in the long run it's still better than 2gb at 2k.
Well to be frank no one is cheap. MTN has condition attach to their data plan which 1.5g during day and 3g at night. But if you exhaust 1.5g during day, you have to wait till night to browse. Glo 4.5g is good but the network speed is an apology. The other operators are a bit better to manage since it is utility that matters.

Disclaimer: this piece of work is my personal opinion and doesn't represent any service provider. All those reading including the moderator should please take note to avoid uncessary hiding of work.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 1:05am On May 15, 2015
@ Op you have stated why you want cheap tariff and the number of persons on your contact list be MTN,GLO or etisalat. Secondly all the gsm operators have one form of condition or another attached to their tariff plans. I don't work for all these companies but their service are poor to an expectation.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 1:13am On May 15, 2015
asuustrike2009:

MTN 4.5g is N2,500 right? 1.5g during day and 3g at night isn't it? But supposing you had exhausted 1.5g during the day, would you wait till night to browse?. Supposing after browsing at night and you were left with say 2.9g, can you use it during the day to browse?. the answer is "No". You would have to wait till night again to continue browsing. That was why glo came up with 4.5g to browse both day and night. The browsing speed of glo is slow nearly in all the states in Nigeria and those that bought their data hardly exhaust it before it expires. Etisalat and Airtel offer android bundle @ N2,000 for 2g which is a bit fair considering their network speed is fast in nearly the 36 states of the federation. At least 60% of airtel and 80% of etisalat network base have good network reception for browsing. Glo may offer 4.5g but you might not finish it depending on your location. So many nairalander had complained about them. MTN may seems perfect but the data allocation for day and night spoilt it all. MTN better Me plan seems sceptical even though it is 2015 for N2,015, they are silent on whether you can browse all sites as you use your normal data. Perharps that is why etisalat introduce android bundle even down to the N1,000 for 1g( selected sims only) after the Heat from other operators.
In situations like the MTN plan, I think one should apply wisdom. Do all your light browsing and chatting during the day and delay your downloads later in the nite, it's that simple. You can also use the data allotted for nite use during the day, just make sure u don't switch off your data or phone once is 5.59am. It's all about Using common sense.
I can't see myself paying 2k for 2GB when I can easily add N500 and get a whopping 4.5GB. I can tell you that out of that 3gb for nite, most times I use more than 2gb from it during the day. Mtn is the best any time any day.

1 Like

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by ITbomb(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2015
Nothing beats MTN supersaver When you are on it, you don't care which network you are calling. 12k flat
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Obinnio: 8:02am On May 15, 2015
Ccanyanwu:

You can call other networks at the same rate you call mtn numbers. Just add ✳ at the end of the number e. g 08055348895*. Mtn zone is better cause it's not restricted to only 11 numbers and you get low call rates at off peak periods
do they give data on recharge cos that's what powers my what's app if subscription finishes
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 8:20am On May 15, 2015
All my post here on this section are being hidden. What kind of immature moderator do we have on nairaland? Someone is making suggestions here the moderator is hiding post. Don't be surprise the so called moderator will ban me unnecessary for nothing.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 15, 2015
Obinnio:
do they give data on recharge cos that's what powers my what's app if subscription finishes
.sadly they don't
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Hoii(m): 11:20pm On May 15, 2015
MTN Zone isn't working for other networks again o, who has tried it recently?
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by gidjah(m): 11:44pm On May 15, 2015
gidjah:
Me I kukuma just relax and ignore all this network thieves, there is no single net work with cheapest calling rate, they all work hand in hand to,defraud Nigs,i was at Japan were I spent a year n 6months, I never bought a recharge card like naija, I was billed very little and given a mobile android to use until i,am ready to leave the country, my students came back with nice phones released to them by the Japanese network simply because they have become old customers,each of them brought home pretty good phones. Their tarrif Is so cheap after my calculations, most of their network companies come around to get our patronage so we can throw away the other phone the first met work provider gave us. In NAIJA, no provider has d cheapest tarrif abeg
Me I kukuma just relax and ignore all this network thieves, there is no single net work with cheapest calling rate, they all work hand in hand to,defraud Nigs,i was at Japan were I spent a year n 6months, I never bought a recharge card like naira, I was billed very small and given a mobile android to use until i,am ready to leave the country, my students came back with nice phones released to them by the Japanese network simply because they have become old customers,eaxh of them brought home pretty good phones. Their tarrif I'd so cheap after my calculations, most of their network companies come around to get our patronage so we can throw away the other phone the first met work provider gave us. In NAIJA, no provider has d cheapest tarrif abeg
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Gptech(m): 11:54pm On May 15, 2015
Hoii:
MTN Zone isn't working for other networks again o, who has tried it recently?

Same here, Mtn sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Quick Wind Gives You 500mb For N100 On Mtn Network / Nokia N95 8gb(fake)- Masterpiece Of Deception! **images resized / Pls I Need Unlock Code For Motorola Sidekick Slide (t-mobile)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.