Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Open University Students Are Planning Something - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open University Students Are Planning Something (559 Views)

These Two UNIOSUN Students Are Missing. / Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open University Students Are Planning Something by bilms(m): 10:11pm On May 11, 2015
FIGHTING FOR YOUR FUTURE
Fight for your future, or destroy it. This is a choice everyone must make.

We, Students from the National Open University of Nigeria are about to embark on the first of its kind national struggle to end, once and for all, the unjustifiable discrimination of our distinguish institution. This is a pursuit of justice and we are determined to resist any intimidation from any quarters. Our destiny is at stake, we won’t allow anyone jeopardize it.
As a result of our coming together under the platform of Congress of Noun Students, we are about to make a national statement that indeed, our institution cannot be discriminated. Congress of Noun Student is a group of Open University Students from every study centre across the federation.
If you are yet to be committed to our struggle to end discrimination of National Open University by Law School, NYSC and other bodies, here is another reason for you to re-think for your own benefit.
Using myself as a case study:
I was admitted into the National Open University of Nigeria, Abuja Study Centre in 2007.
Before I applied to NOUN to seek admission, I made proper inquiry about Law School, NYSC and others to be sure that everything Is fine.
During my inquiry, I mean in 2007, I was told by NOUN management that NOUN would go to law school, Noun would go for NYSC etc.
But today, 2015, after 8years. I mean, after I have graduated from this same institution without going for any Nysc, and now, almost completing my Masters degree, NOUN is yet to go to law school, it is yet to go to Nysc.
But still, if you go to NOUN management about law school and Nysc, they would still tell you in confidence, Noun would go to law school, it would go for Nysc.
This means that, as far as Noun managements are concerned, they will continue to use that sweet words to deceive students and prospective students alike.
Let me inform you once again, NOUN will never go to law school, it will never go for Nysc, UNLESS WE ACT and STOP the discrimination. UNTIL THE STUDENTS ACT, NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Let me also inform you that, if NYSC, Law School and others continue to discriminate against NOUN without the students taking the right steps now to correct it, you are destined to face many more discrimination after graduation. Though, you may not know now.
I therefore call on every Noun students irrespective of your location to join the struggle to liberate Noun from internal and external discrimination.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO SUCCEED.
BE COUNTED.
CONGRESS OF NOUN STUDENTS

https://www./346177985458918/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Childhood Memory / NIIT Scholarship / LAUTECH Pre-degree Admission 2015/2016 Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.