Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. (1406 Views)

#madeinnigeria -incredible:nigerian Boy In Jss3 Built A Radio With Four Lamps An / Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / The Diary Of A 22yrs Old Blind Coder, His Codes Have Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 12, 2015
http://blog.freecodecamp.com/2015/01/a-vision-of-coding-without-opening-your-eyes.html?m=1

I have been a secret disciple of programming, and I really do admire those who can 'actually' write code. My journey made me apply for the Andela fellowship, then I didn't get past the interview stage, so I decided I was gonna learn how to code, if not professionally then it's gonna be a hobby that I'll be good at....

While looking for inspiration, I came across this blog post above....

Then I look at myself and say, if a blind man can code, I wonder what am afraid of....

This story has totally inspired me to at least learn to program for fun before anything else.

There is even a blind programmer working with Google,
Truly impossible is nothing...

Incase you would like to mentor me, I would be grateful for the opportunity to learn from you.

3 Likes

Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by Craigston: 8:05pm On May 12, 2015
This is really inspiring. It's invalidated all my excuses. I'm actually lazy.

I can't just lose my excuses. Talk of power supply here: it's been blackout here for over 2 weeks since our transformer got bad. Talk of the cost of internet access, the cost of acquiring computers for the average person, access to good information and materials for learning.

Again, all these aren't valid.
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by Mrval20(m): 8:33pm On May 12, 2015
Amazing! I really respect this guy!!
He once again proved that we can truly go as far as our mind lets us.

Started learning Python recently too and trying to learn 2 and 3 simultaneouslysmiley

1 Like

Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:52pm On May 12, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:
http://blog.freecodecamp.com/2015/01/a-vision-of-coding-without-opening-your-eyes.html?m=1

I have been a secret disciple of programming, and I really do admire those who can 'actually' write code. My journey made me apply for the Andela fellowship, then I didn't get past the interview stage, so I decided I was gonna learn how to code, if not professionally then it's gonna be a hobby that I'll be good at....

Then I look at myself and say, if a blind man can code, I wonder what am afraid of....

This story has totally inspired me to at least learn to program for fun before anything else.

Incase you would like to mentor me, I would be grateful for the opportunity to learn from you.

read ur post. smiled at it. read ur signature, got strucked by it. my name is Nnamdi. offering to mentor you in either php or java. which ever you want. reply with ur email if u ready. but I have to warn you.....its not going to be easy. but it will be worth it. smiley
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 12, 2015
nnamdiosu:

read ur post. smiled at it. read ur signature, got strucked by it. my name is Nnamdi. offering to mentor you in either php or java. which ever you want. reply with ur email if u ready. but I have to warn you.....its not going to be easy. but it will be worth it. smiley

Thanks Nnamdi

I would prefer PHP.

Am not looking for easy, I want motivation, and someone I can be accountable to while learning.

Thanks once again for your interest.

I will send you a pm.
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 12, 2015
Craigston:
This is really inspiring. It's invalidated all my excuses. I'm actually lazy.

I can't just lose my excuses. Talk of power supply here: it's been blackout here for over 2 weeks since our transformer got bad. Talk of the cost of internet access, the cost of acquiring computers for the average person, access to good information and materials for learning.

Again, all these aren't valid.

Bros, all my excuses vanished away like wily wily....

Imagine someone writing codes with two eyes closed......

I must learn and be good at it. Enough of my silly excuses....

1 Like

Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by nnamdiosu(m): 11:08am On May 13, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Thanks Nnamdi

I would prefer PHP.

Am not looking for easy, I want motivation, and someone I can be accountable to while learning.

Thanks once again for your interest.

I will send you a pm.

bro Nl pm ain't working. pls add me on wassap with 07017855456.
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by chiggie(f): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
nnamdiosu:

I'm also interested . if u don't mind
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by nnamdiosu(m): 5:25am On Sep 09, 2015
chiggie:
I'm also interested . if u don't mind
. nope I don't...freely I received and freely I give. are u on wasssap?
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by chiggie(f): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2015
nnamdiosu:
nope I don't...freely I received and freely I give. are u on wasssap?
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by nnamdiosu(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
chiggie:
07064595739 thanks
k. I've added u up. u can remove ur no now
Re: Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. by RuggedSniper: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kingsleyinfo (OP) http://blog.freecodecamp.com/2015/01/a-vision-of-coding-without-opening-your-eyes.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Machine Learning/neural Network Expert(s) Needed. / Reasons Why Big Companies Hires ERP /CRM Admin/programmers / Java Programmer Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.