Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family (3371 Views)

My Unpaid Salary Is Suffering My Family / Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. / The Darkest Day For My Family. - Prophetic Ugo Wems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2005
Greetings, Folks

My name Anton. I'm student and entreprenuer here in ameriKKKa. I have studied High Performance Computing and Computer Enginering Technology. I just want to learn more about the Africans from Continant and your perspective on the issues that affect Us al. Therefore most of my post will be questions.

I am not happy with my condition in life, nor the conditions that face my peeps in the Caribbean, the Americas, and Africa. I have made steps to improve my life, namely reading, studying, going to school (going back, soon!), and creating a company, and now I look to work with others who feel the same way I do, as there are many more steps to take.

Some of the most influencial Elders and Ancestors in my life has been, of course Marcus Mosiah Garvey and:
1 Dr. Amos Wilson
2 Malik El-Hadj Shabazz, Malcolm X
3 Dr Francis Cress Welsing
4 Professor John Henrik Clark
5 Prof. Runoko Rashidi
6 Dr Chiek Anta Diop
7 Chinua Achebe (i aint gonna front, i had to use google to get the spelling right! grin)
* Fela Anikulapo Kuti!!!

I was born in a rural town in North Carolina and didn't know nothing about who I was until I read The Autobiography of Malcolm X. That was when I began the quest to reclaim my African Heritage. But I keep it as trill as possible, remembering that ther is nothing that can hold us back but... us. I also did some time on the federal plantation known as the army.

That's about it, so i'll holla. I posted in the Politic/Future of Nigeria topic. And yall, please don't be mad at me. I might seem critical, but gauranteed i'm infinately more critcal of these buffoons/leading blacks over here. Take this Millions More Movement for instance... i'm not even going to get into it. If somebody asks, i'll break it down for you on request. And any topic concerning the "african americans" that confuses you, drop it on me. If I can't answer than i promise to redirect you to an elder who can.

Hotep, Yall
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by hotangel2(f): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2005
Welcome to nairaland anton. I am sure you'll enjoy your stay here. smiley
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by WesleyanA(f): 2:23am On Oct 15, 2005
anton:

Greetings, Folks

My name Anton. I'm student and entreprenuer here in ameriKKKa. I have studied High Performance Computing and Computer Enginering Technology. I just want to learn more about the Africans from Continant and your perspective on the issues that affect Us al. Therefore most of my post will be questions.

I was born in a rural town in North Carolina and didn't know nothing about who I was until I read The Autobiography of Malcolm X. That was when I began the quest to reclaim my African Heritage. But I keep it as trill as possible, remembering that ther is nothing that can hold us back but... us. I also did some time on the federal plantation known as the army.

welcome. i read that malcolm x book too and thought it was great and "inspiring" even though a little bit extreme.
i'll just advice that you accept yourself as an "African American" and leave the KKK out of it. That's history now. as long as you celebrate kwanzza or whatever holiday it is african african americans celebrate you're good.  grin

anton:

2 Malik El-Hadj Shabazz, Malcolm X
7 Chinua Achebe (i aint going to front, i had to use google to get the spelling right! grin)

funny how i find the malik elhaji shabazz harder to spell.  grin

you sound cool so i'm assuming you are cool  cool
goodluck with your company. i hope it works out great for you

i remember this one time my mom and i were coming back from church and we see a guy at the red light selling the "millions more movement" paper and told us to get it for a dollar to benefit their movement.  not that i like them either. i only got that paper because i needed info about them for my history class.
weren't they the ones that betrayed malcolm and say only islam is the true religion? they don't even practive islam right. theirs is way different fron the real eastern islam.
whoever their Mohammad leader is with the shinny hat with stars on it. the dead guy sucks in my opinion.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 12:31am On Oct 16, 2005
Anton,

Welcome to Nairaland. I do hope and pray that you find all you are in search of.

V
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by nike4luv(f): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2005
Anton,
welcome to nairaland..the best nigerian forum..am sure you'll enjoy your stay

stay cool cool
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by KennyG(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2005
Hey welcome on board Anton, wish you an enjoyable time here. Best of luck with your business.

anton:

Take this Millions More Movement for instance... i'm not even going to get into it. If somebody asks, i'll break it down for you on request. And any topic concerning the "african americans" that confuses you, drop it on me. If I can't answer than i promise to redirect you to an elder who can.

Hotep, Yall

Yea tell me why you decided not to go to see Farrakhan speak?
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by WesleyanA(f): 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2005
is farrakhan nigerian? he doesn't look nigerian to me only his name sounds nigerian.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2005
No, I don't believe he's Nigerian. He was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and is the Leader of the Nation of Islam (at least in America)

You can find out more about him here: http://www.noi.org/mlfbio.htm
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by WesleyanA(f): 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2005
his name sounds extremely nigerian but he looks nothing nigerian. cheesy
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2005
I'm not sure but he may have changed his name for the sake of his religion.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by KennyG(m): 12:57am On Oct 17, 2005
No Farrakhan is not Nigerian. He was born Louis Eugene Walcott on May 11, 1933 in Bronx, New York, and changed his name to Farrakhan when he became a Muslim.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 5:16am On Oct 17, 2005
@hot-angel
Thank you for your welcome. If I learn anything, then that will be enough for me (and I am sure I will! grin)

@vexxy
I accept your welcome and you have my thanks.

@nike4luv
It is a hot site, most definately. Thanks for the welcome.

@KennyG
Thank alot! Yeah, I've been busy all weekend which is why I'm late responding. A little luck, yeah; but even more determination and sheer WILL. I will outline my position on the MMM after this reply.

@WesleyanA
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, this business will serve it's purpose. As to whether or not it will be *the* vessal from which to attain the strategic goals I have laid out remains to be seen. We shall see.

You seem to be a smart girl. I'm glad you found The Autobiography "inspiring". I just found out recently that, interestingly enough, Fela did also. I don' t have any advice for you. You seem to know everything already. If you like to read, I have a list of books you may want to check out and analyse. We can discuss them, if you want. Just ask. I think your post exemplifies the attitude alot of Continentals have toward those of us who were born in ameriKKKa. I can't speak for those who were born in the caribbian. That's one of the reasons i decided to invest time into this community. To dispel confusion.

If you want to know what's real, than just ask. Just for clarification, however, I am African. I know from where my blood originates. Furthermore, I know who the real enemy is. It's not the bloods down the street wit the choppas. It's the blue bloods on Wall Street funding the neo-colonists.

Thanks for the Welcome, Everyone. Does anybody know if I can use a journal?

Holla! wink
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by Seun(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2005
Sure, you can use a journal. Just go ahad to the journal section and start posting.

Anton, welcome to Nairaland! If you have a sister, invite her here, too!
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2005
Thanks, Seun! I promisel not wear out my many welcomes!!! grin

Wassup KennyG,

Let me began by saying that i support the Movement. The reason for my exasperation at the time has to do with the.... lack of strategic scope of the organizing commitee. Now me explain. When the Movement was announced, everybody was generally like: "aw hell, here we go again"; except for the NOI, that is. Gradually as the weeks wore on, it was seen that this was *not* going to be just a NOI dog and pony show. There was a huge coalition of Organizations and Institutions. When most of us, the conscious, progressive, Pan African Nationalists, saw that main stream appeal that was being garnered, everybody was pleased. You can check out the site here: http://www.millionsmoremovement.com/index_noflash.html

Especially pleasing was the support that was received by the Progressive National Baptist Convention. That basically translated into the people who worshipped the white (Black Christians) and the people who say the white was created in a test tube( Black Muslims) had finally realized their common problem: the white. The most powerful act to me was the letter sent by Russell Simons, CEO of Def Jam Entertainment, sent to abraham 'sly northern' fox, head of the "jew antidefamation league", openly rebuking him for urging prominent Black Leaders to reconsider their support of the Movement. The nerve of this khazar!

However. As time wore on, it was clear that it was a dog and pony show. The Issues of the Million More Movement, located here: http://www.millionsmoremovement.com/about.htm, also reveal serious issues with the current leadership. Namely, wassup with all these "demands"? Haven't we been doing that for, what 100 years or more? It showed that they were still in mr. white man help me stage. We have enough of capital to fix not only ourselves, but also invest in the Continent. The people with capital access just don't want to compete with the yts on an economic level to redirect what everybody is spending to prop up amerikkka to rebuild our own communities. 750 billion dollars a year and not even a fraction of that set aside for just our use. Crazy. Some would say incompetance. Others would say treason.

The fact that the list of speakers didn't come out until a week before was also a major point of contention, along with the stage insanity that was apparent. Namely, why so many people to talk about core issues Secondly, what da f*ck do entertainers know about anything? I also did not like the fact that all of these people had only 1 or 2 minutes to speak, but farrakhan spoke for a 90 minutes about, well... i won't go there. Suffice to say i'm tired of hearing all this preaching and pep talking. The reports i have recieved so far confirmed the expectations: A massive pep rally/mental masturbation. I'm so sick of negro antics, it's not even funny.

The real action was going on in the crowd. That's where the true power was. Many of the most dynamic leaders were in the crowd networking and organising. I predict that in the coming months, you will began to see a clear division in balck politics here. You'll have to preacher/love-vendor/marcher doing the same old thing and then you'll have the truly dynamic leadership attacking what needs to be attacked and developing the institutions that obviously need to be built. We are the beyond that single leader paradigm now. They can't kill all of Us.

Many think farrakhan needs to have a seat, just be the elder that he is, and leave the real fighting up to people are determined to be free, cause what he doing, and everybody like him, is sitting back getting fat. Include jackson, sharpton, td snakes, eddy "the love-vendor" long, and all these other clowns also.

Please understand you got the watered down version. There is much more to it and even more viewpoints, many more radical than mine.

So, yeah, KennyG, the overwhelming majority of Us support the movement. It's just that leadership has proven to be compromised. Let me know if i answered your concerns. Also, anyone can tune into LIB Radio at www.libradio.com later this week to hear first hand accounts of what happened, the post event analysis, and the actions that will be taken.

Holla!
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2005
What's interesting is that while I live in the National Capital Area I had not even heard about the movement until I found certain streets blcoked due to the event.

Unfortunately, my initial (and to this day) reaction was: Oh boy, here we go again.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by uchetobi(f): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2005
Welcome aboard Anton
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 3:51am On Oct 18, 2005
@vexxy
yeah, you really had to be in certain circles to have found out about the event before hand. Positive Kemetic Visions is staged in DC and i think a major UNIA-ACL Chapter is also in that area. DC is live with elements that are extreamly progressive. Do you stay down-town or in the burbs? I would like to hear your views on the gentrification of the downtown area.

But anyway, there was hardly any mainstream marketing of the event outside of the amerikkkan black constituancy. I do know of some Family members from the UK that made plans to attend, namely Sparticus of GAP Radio, http://www.globalafrica.com/, but i don't know how many of them made the trip. I am also unaware of any Africans from the Continent who attended, but that could change when reports start coming in.

If you wish to network with some committed individuals and organizations, then try to make contact with Positive Kemetic Visions. Check this link out http://www.ag-east.org/community/images/PKVScheduleofEvents.jpg Also Bother Senghor Jawara Baye-El http://www.ag-east.org/2004/Senghor.htm can answer can ask just about any question you might have... on anything!!!. I am sure he would enjoy and see the value of networking with you and your circle.

In closing, all you have to do is remember rule #1: Don't believe the hype!

@uchetobi
Thanks alot!! wink It's most definately a tight ship!
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2005
Anton-

The gentrification is not only  happening in the downtown area's of DC, it's all over.  I was born and raised in DC, NE to be exact.  I was 17 when we left the city for the burbs PG County, MD.  DC, once affectionately known as Chocolate City is becoming more and more like a Milky Way.  I lived in one of the neighborhoods that suffered from the "rehabilitation" projects.

There was a nice piece of land not to far from my old house that was purchased by some wealthy contruction company.  They proceeded to build some of the biggest and most beautifulest homes to grace that area, but the projects (ghetto) happened to be located right across the street.

The city government was excited to get prime real estate like that in that area.  They thought that the new places would bring those who have a higher income.  The projects then went through a heavy sweep.  The buildings were renovated to the point in which the old residents could no longer afford to live there.  They all moved to the skirts of the city (PG County) where living was more affordable.  Now those beautiful apartment buildings have lost so many tenants that they are currently boarded up and deteriorating.

Now, the cost of living is so high, those who are well to do in PG county can no longer move back to the city so they are forced to move further south or north of DC if they want a better County. PG is known for it's extremely high crime rate.

But it was during this time where we hade Mayor Marion Barry (let me not get started on him) and we went through Mayor Sharron Pratt-Kelly (another African American mayor whom of which I am none to pleased with).  We had some serious leadership problems in the city during this time.

Anyway, I'm also living in the out skirts of the city but at least my state is represented in Congress!  I can say that much which is not the case for DC.

Boy, there is so much I can say but I must hold off a bit.  I don't want to make you read a novel!

But you are right about the limited marketing of the Millions More March. But truth be told, I don't even remember hearing about it on our Hip/Hop radio stations but I did see something about it in the Oct. 11 issue of Jet, but I failed to realize exactly what it was (mainly because I skipped over the article).
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2005
Vexxy, tell what you know. On the real. Don't hold back. If i didn't want to read then i would not have asked. If you think it may be of inappropriate length, write a report and email it to me rolleyes grin. No, seriously. It is amazingly hard to get good intel from multiple cities on critical issues like this. I take it when i can get it. I'm lucky that this forum has serious individuals capable of serious analysis.

I have additional questions, but let me know if i'm too nosey. cool
1 In your opinion, what is the root of the high crime rate.
2 Considering your personal history with gentrification, how has it impacted your views of real estate. Have you thought about investing in it, or do you avoid it.
3 What are your thoughts on non-black merchants in shop keeps in each of the areas you are capble of recalling?

Hope i didn't ask too much of your time! wink

Are you a student also?
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 1:22am On Oct 20, 2005
anton: I take it when i can get it. I'm lucky that this forum has serious individuals capable of serious analysis.

Thanks for that.

anton: In your opinion, what is the root of the high crime rate.

It is at this point where I can so easily begin to blame the government, the school systems, the [at times] false sense of equality for this but I will not go there. I will begin with this:

It begins in the home. I want to say that the root of high crime is the parents lack of properly teaching their children to successfully enter society.

You can say that: The parents are forced to work hard so they have no time to teach the children. But they are the parents responsibilty. I grew up in a home where my prarental units were for the most part out working. My father a traveling musician, my mother a hard hard worker. But when they were home, they infused in me to respect others. It was through their hard work that I see things don't come easy. There is an insurmountable amount of robbery because people want things to come easily. We feel we are entitled to things because of the way "our people" were treated in the past. Let me tell you that people as a whole will not look at you with respect if you do not work to earn it.

The root is the lack of education, morals and values being taught in the home. Now out side influences are an important factor but it is up to the parent to first build a strong foundation from which the children will regulate things through.

anton: Considering your personal history with gentrification, how has it impacted your views of real estate. Have you thought about investing in it, or do you avoid it.

As we speak I am a homeowner. It showed me that real estate is important. What I am currently paying for is something that I own and will (hopefully) stay in the family. I will have something to pass down to my children that will belong to them. It is important to own a piece of land. Renting is only throwing away your money to someone who will still kick you out at the end of the month if you fail to pay. I will continue to invest in real estate to secure a future upon retirement as well. A smart move is investing in real estate, it only appreciates in value.

anton: What are your thoughts on non-black merchants in shop keeps in each of the areas you are capble of recalling?

I look at them as living out the 'American Dream': to start your own business, own your own home, and to make a million dollars. Although that has now probably gone to earn 10 million but the base idea is still the same.

There are plenty of opportunities for us to reach out and grab, especially when it comes to running a business. If we don't take it, someone will. I can't fault them, I can only hope to be there one day.

One observation: I went to this Soul Food restaurant one day. I was so happy to see this restaurant start up in the area. It was unimpressive, the customer service was horrible, and the mood was drab. This is a place that I wanted so bad to succeed that I went there every so often but it was always empty. It shut down only a month after being in business. That place is now a Chinese buffet. When you walk in you are well taken care of. The place is always clean and the food is good and the place is always crowded. How come none of the African Americans came out to support the Soul Food restaurant but they show up in numbers at the Chinese place? No support for our own kind. That needs to change.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 1:23am On Oct 20, 2005
And yes, I am a student cheesy
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by WesleyanA(f): 1:23am On Oct 20, 2005
i smell an intellectual conversation going on here. wink ..
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2005
I have my own theory/analysis of why the Negros of America lost their moral authority. Basically, it boils down to there was no way to deny blacks here their demand for equality when they are the morel authority of the country. Therefore, you have to reengineer the society. I hope to get a chance to write that report, soon.

The way i see it is this. The fact of the matter is that as long as those in power ship jobs out of the country, in pursuit of profit and/or pure spite, you are going to have elements that do whatever it takes to feed themselves and their families. Times have changed. America is not the industrial powerhouse it used to be. Poverty is a phenomenon, that is beyond the control individuals, minimally controllable by highly organized communities, and well within the scope of national policy makers..

That's a fact. It is up to policy makers and industrial leaders and bankers to ensure that home is fed before the neighbors. That is the basic problem from my perspective. Take this issue with the migrant workers from mexico and central america. It has nothing to do who wants to work and who doesn't want to work. It is an issue of who will work for $3.25 an hour and who will not work for $3.15 an hour. If there were jobs that people can be proud of they would seriously decrease crime. If people can at least see a future of prosperity for themselves it wold matter, as much, if they had to work at macdonald's for a year or so.

But you gotta ask yourself... what is going on? I have been following news reports for the last year or so basically saying that there are no jobs for college graduates. My point is they threw our youth away in the 70's when they started making reasonable demands. Now they are throwing away their own youth. The evidence points not to 'morals', but to material conditions and policies that directly affect the populance.

The vast and overwhelming majority of american blacks have only been urban dwellers for, max, two generations. They migrated during the european wars to fill a labor shortage and, in no small way, escape the terror campaigns of the Klu Klux Klan. Massive housing projects were constructed close to industrial facilities as a convient supply of human resources. What happens when the white boys, now men, come home from the war? They replace the black workers and the women workers. The economy is vibrant so really the replacement is symbolic, but expicitly understood. There was plenty of work up until the corporate restructuring of the 70's. This is when the 'enemy' of america, japan, was starting to close the industrial gap between to two because of massive capitalization by american tax payers.

What happened was inevitiable. In order to compete, american corporations had 'downsize'. We all know who is the first to go and it's no joke. Gradually, the urban utopias become metropolitan prisons. Now workers laid off had to survive by any means neccesary, often learning a thing or two from those in power about the fine art of being a predator, preying on those around who were weaker. Suffice to say, when the unemployed and noncomplacent students began to demand from the goverment what government is 'supposed' to do, policy makers had to take action.

Orders came down form on high that all potential leaders be put under surveillance. Major organizations were infiltrated by the FBI, CIA, and Department of Defense Intelligence Agencies. Some of the organizations included the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, Southern Baptist Leadership Conference, the Nation of Islam, and the Black Panther Party. Other organizations were annihilated all together, such as MOVE, led by John Africa. Counter-intelligence operations were conducted against United States 'citizens'. Gradually, as conditions ripened, select leaders were targeted for 'liquidation'.

For the sake of simplicity, I will not go indept into the aspects of chemical warfare and the implimencations of Roe vs Wade. Suffice to say, the cartels of central and south america, along with the european american criminal communities (namely italian and russian), 'blew up', as we say on the street, from the government complacentcy on the acceptance of certain substances. Reports are still circulating that the substance know as 'cocaine' (blow, coke) is actually the younger sibling of the substance known as LSD (acid), meaning their creaters may share professional and, maybe, institutional relationships. Concerning Roe vs Wade, over 18 million young africans are not here today in the us. One can easily remember, barely a year or so ago, the media coverage of 'hispanics' being close to equal to the population of 'african americans'. A more difficult task is reading between the lines and researching how these issues affect us.

It seems as though i just wrote the the outline of the report i mentioned earliar. So to an extent, i agree on the subject of lack morality, however, i see that only as a symptom of much grander machinations put in play by our 'enemies' to create exactly that: a lack of morality. Many refuse to see that we have 'enemies'.

African Americans are especially guilty of this By adressing themselves as "african Americans", they are pledging alliegence to the same group of people that ripped them from their homeland, dehumanized them to a level of mere beasts and property, segregated them as a sub caste of the greater society, committed atrocities against them in the form of rapes, castrations, and hangings, and failing to offer any corrective actions and/or solutions to the horrors and economic disenfrachisement of Chattel Slavery and Jim Crowism. African Americans say they are american to seperate themselves from Africa and allieviate themselves of any reponsibility to the Continent. Farrakhan is african american; he wont speak out against the slavery in Mali, Mauritania, and the Sudan, but yet he is sposed to be 'real'. These other people are the same way. That's why i say the only thing american about me are my dollars. I plan to get as many as i can and 'relocate' them were they can do some good, namely the Motherland.

African American is the term created by jesse 'the agent' jackson to seperate the plight of africa from the plight of african people born in america and elsewhere. He sought to ensure american blacks didn't get involved in the unrest of the continent during the eighties. To illustrate that point, when italy invaded ethiopia, the lines stretched around the blocks in Harlem of black Men, real Black Men, ready to revoke thier american citizenship in order to go fight for ethiopia. That was during the Age of Marcus Mosiah Garvey's United Negro Improvement Organization - African Communities League.

Yeah, i went all over, but hopefully it's coherant. I have an inability to say things simply. Actually, alot of the terms i normally use that create the most obvious mental picture may be a little too ruff and tuff for this forum ( ie, i don't want to get kicked off or banned), so i took the polically correct route... yet another accomendation in service of our enemies.

@vexxy
See, i don't have a problem with long responses... cheesy rolleyes tongue

@wesleyanA
now you see why i'm not too keen on being called african american. Yeah, my nationiality is American. Legally (for what its worth), i am a citizen of this country. That makes American. Not african american. Look at the logic. Do yts call themselves european americans? No. They affix a country to 'american'. italian american, german, even korean, chinese, and japanese. Africa, on the otherhand, is not a country... its a Continent, the second largest and most diverse on the planet. Because our history and culture was beaten and tortured out of us, few can trace their origins on the Continent. The deep, deep ways remained, but didn't have a conscious outlet. Therefore Africans born over here should, ideally, racially identify themselves as simply Africans. Unfortunately, most are unconscious and/or scared to embrace who and waht they are.

But make no mistake about it, a United States Citizenship and Passport are powerful weapons and i plan to make total, efficent use of them.

yeah, the repley turned against me and said what it needed to say... wink

Holla!
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by hotangel2(f): 4:18am On Oct 22, 2005
u wrote all that?
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2005
I see what you're saying and your post deserves to be answered in full. I will do just that in a few. But until then, there are a few things I'd like to address now:

anton: The fact of the matter is that as long as those in power ship jobs out of the country, in pursuit of profit and/or pure spite, you are going to have elements that do whatever it takes to feed themselves and their families.

I think that which is bolded should be turned into pure greed

Also, I personally see nothing wrong with those who address themselves as African Americans. Reasons being:

1. They are trying to stay true to where they came from "Africa" hence "African"
2. They are citizens of this country "America" hence "Americans"

It is true.

It is the same reasons people from Austrailia call themselves Austrailians, people from China calling themselves Chinese. Also, being on this site I don't normally see anyone calling themselves Africans but more specific of where they're from as in: Nigerians, Camaroonians, Congoliese, etc.

What are your thoughts on that?

But as far as our lack of morality goes I can say that it is a symptom. But I think that at the root of the problem you may find that we ourselves can change that. We can point fingers at other countries, past events, government and the like but those who overcame such burdens did it starting from a change within themselves.

Look at the slaves who knew within themselves they were destined to more than being a slave. They escaped and moved on to greater things. But think of those who decided "This is just who I am" and decided to stay.

What I mean by this is: The only limitations we have are those we set or have others set for us.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by Latoya(f): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2005
too long to read Vexxy and Anton.

Welcome Anton!!!
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2005
@Latoya
Thanks alot!

@Vexxy
I will wait for your full response... to build the supense!!! wink
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 2:26am On Oct 24, 2005
anton: I have been following news reports for the last year or so basically saying that there are no jobs for college graduates.

You're so right at this point. I do believe that this is due to the fact that many big comapanies are outsourcing entry level jobs overseas. This leaves only opporitunities open to those who have been in the field for long (and have decided to go back to school at night; on the companies dime at that! (although I love that idea)) and to those who know people in high places.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2005
Peace, Vexxy

Quote from: anton
The fact of the matter is that as long as those in power ship jobs out of the country, in pursuit of profit and/or pure spite, you are going to have elements that do whatever it takes to feed themselves and their families.

I think that which is bolded should be turned into pure greed

Hmmm, maybe, but i doubt it. It comes down to power. The more resources under their control, the less for anybody else, epecially us. But to give you an example, if they would have given american blacks reparations 10 - 20 years ago, not only would that money have went right back into their hands, but the possibility exists that the amount would have[i]increased[/i] because of the businesses started and the non existance of black welfare (because of the reparations). So, yeah. Greed is diffinately a part of the game, but not the name of the game.

Vexxy Quotesadyeah, my quote button isn't working undecided)
It is the same reasons people from Austrailia call themselves Austrailians, people from China calling themselves Chinese. Also, being on this site I don't normally see anyone calling themselves Africans but more specific of where they're from as in: Nigerians, Camaroonians, Congoliese, etc.

What are your thoughts on that?

I don't want to scare the readers away from the truth (and me), but when you consider the reality of Global White Terror Domination, it doesn't matter what you call yourself (or anybody else for that matter, including myself). You don't have any thermonuclear warheads, aircraft carriers, stealth aircraft, the means to engineer and manufacture such technology, nor do you have any means to defend yourself from these machines and the people who direct them against you; outside of unity and self-determination. Therefore, really, be honest, what does it matter what you call yourself? I call myself African (most of the time Afrikan, sometimes Afrakan, and if i'm really crunk, i refer to the Continent as Alkebu-lan) out of solidarity with my people and out of acknowledgement that there is a serious problem on this planet. To keep it real, we don't dictate nothing to nobody. That's a fact. To the creatures in power, we are all useless eaters. That's a fact. So... i don't put a lot of stock in what other people call themselves. I would love for Pan Africanism to be at the forefront of the mind of All Africans. I would love for all of us to see thru the lies, social engineering, and propanganda of this system that is being deployed against us. I would love for the African Students to began to make strategic plans now, so when we reach the age of adulthood and eldership, the plan and code of conduct is already in place so the fact of the second, fifth, and seventh sentence in this paragraph are not the concrete realities they are now.

Vexxy quote
But as far as our lack of morality goes I can say that it is a symptom. But I think that at the root of the problem you may find that we ourselves can change that. We can point fingers at other countries, past events, government and the like but those who overcame such burdens did it starting from a change within themselves.

I agree with your general premise. The fatal issues, unfortunately, surface in the details. For instance, what is the problem? Do your parents know what the problem is? Do your friends know what the problem is. Do black 'leaders', the world over, know what the problem is.

Who has truely overcome and what does that mean?

Yes, the change does have to come from within. I see that, specifically, as Knowledge of Self, which includes the crimes that have been commited against you and the perpetrator of those crimes, not only the past greatness. This is common sense. Blaming and understanding, step by step, how you came to a particular point in time are two totally different concepts. Furthermore, explaining how events in the past have effected and created those in the present and future is exactly that, an explaination. Now, to all of a sudden decide you are going to change requires a point of referance; a wakeup call, so to speak. To put bluntly, what are you going to change for if you have no understanding that something is wrong? From my experience, it takes a lot of information and analysis to initiate a paradigm shift. Generally, things have to get, as we say in carolina, crucial by a shift of anykind occurs. If everythang was chill, then why even change? Could a newfound appreciation of past or understanding of current conditions events trigger such a shift?

Look at the slaves who knew within themselves they were destined to more than being a slave. They escaped and moved on to greater things. But think of those who decided "This is just who I am" and decided to stay.

What you are describing is vision. Everybody doesn't have it and those who do have it, possess it in various degrees. Futhermore, many who knew, were not successful in their escape(s). Does that mean they were destined to be slaves and tortured, raped castrated, etc, etc, etc. With that logic, that means that the entire Continent itself was destined for failure, and we all were destained to be slaves. After the creatures had gotton all the human cattle they wanted to the 'new world', they then proceeded to carve up the Continent almost without any major resistance, but apparently, many decided that "This is just who I am" and decided not the fight. Just to clarify, Nat Turner was the Man. He was also a slave, but he took care of business.

Plenty of people are visionaries, such as myself. Success, however, will be dictated by the accomplishment of my goals. If i don't accomplish my goals, then i am weak and childlike. Only time will tell overall and my children will judge me.

You can't fault people for not having vision in hind site. For instance, if i was a king in ancient Kmt, and some semi civilized sheep herders would have given my people major problems on my border, then i would have conducted an intelligence operation against them to see the extent of their number and area of distribution. I would have given them a chance to co-exist peacefully, but implemented a no mixing policy. If they kept killing my people, then i would have to move to annihilate them. Period. There is no decision between my people and some outside semi civilized sheep herders, especially if they hellbent on killing my people. The whole fall of Kmt never would have went down and no outsiders would have been initiated. That means no Plato or Aristotle to plagerize the works of our ancestors and claim them as their own. That's hind sight, tho.

Also, if i was a Moorish general in Conquered europe, from approx. 700 AD to 1492AD, i would have implemented policies that ensured native europeans were not allowed into the libriaries, to translate texts, learn Arabic, etc, etc. I would have implemented something similar to the 'Cole Protocol' from the game 'Halo' (google it) : "Under no circumstance is the enemy to learn of the location of the Homeland by any means." Period. As soon as it became apparent that strategic ground was going to be lost, the order would have been given to either relocate texts to a postion that is defendable or they are burned immediately and on the spot. That way, the qoute, unqoute "" "" european reneisance, would have never happened. No books, no light, therefore no end of the wonderful Dark Ages. That's a fact. But that's in hind sight, tho.

If i were an elder during the 1500s, in west Africa, i would have done everything in my power to squash all beef and and collect as much intel as possible as soon as these 'new' people from the sea appeared on the scene. Eventually, their identify as people conquered by other black people would have been confirmed. Then i would have a moor address and advise the court on what action to take. Fu(k all that infightin. Eventually the conclusion to go invade they a55e5 'one mo gin' would have been put into play and all this nonsense going on now, would not be going on. But, again, that's in hind sight.

What I mean by this is: The only limitations we have are those we set or have others set for us.

There are very few limitations i set on myself. I have my vices, but i am aware of them and fight them tooth and nail. I am faithful to my Queen, teach my little one in the Ways, don't do no drink, smoke or drugs. The only limitation or limit or term that i apply to myself is that of African (grudgingly, still trying to find a fact of Leo Africanus), a Man, and Warrior.

The final analysis points to the fact that this entire planet is a plantation. So... you don't have any say What-So-Ever unless you are going to destroy the plantation and free your people. Until you decide to 'take care' of these people with the nuclear weapons and fleets who are dictating who gets what and when or if they get, then you just fooling yourself. Before anything happens, anything at all, we have to start being totally honest with ourselves and each other.

To close, all the 'you's in the post are really 'we's. I always stress that younger people need to relieze what we have to offer and to began thinking now about what it is that we want to accomplish. Individually we are weak. That's a fact. Together... what can stand against us? I am because You are. You are because I am. But as long as we continue to act foolish we all will continue to be slaves to Wall Street, along with our children, and their children and so on and so forth until the creator cleanses the planet with a meteor/comet, or a pole shift/ice age, or maybe these vicious creatures will succeed in their plans to get the world's population down to 500 million people. I ain't down with that but it's not going to disappear just because i don't think or do anything about it.

I don't think this is too offensive, but if anybody has an issue with what was said or how it was said let me know and i can further clarify. What it is, tho, is what it is.

Stay Safe and Be Strong

Yeah, i know it's getting long but:
Quote from: anton
I have been following news reports for the last year or so basically saying that there are no jobs for college graduates.

You're so right at this point. I do believe that this is due to the fact that many big comapanies are outsourcing entry level jobs overseas. This leaves only opporitunities open to those who have been in the field for long (and have decided to go back to school at night; on the companies dime at that! (although I love that idea)) and to those who know people in high places.

You forgot self determination. Entrepreneuship is what made this country what it is. Very important to remember....
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by vexxy(f): 12:06am On Oct 26, 2005
Thank you so much for your detailed post.  I see that I will truly enjoy your presence here on the forum.  Also, I was unaware that you were married.  Congratulations on your marraige and only your little one. cheesy

anton: You forgot self determination. Entrepreneuship is what made this country what it is. Very important to remember....

Agreed.
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by fabian(f): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2005
Hi Anton, Welcome! hope You have as much fun here as we all do!
* I see you're having fun already* cool grin
Re: Anton: New And Eager To Learn About My Family by anton(m): 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2005
Thanks for the welcoms!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Confession / Top 10 Nairalanders-2008, 2009 / Daily Inspirational Quotes..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.