Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Sterling Will Quit Liverpool This Summer – Thompson - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sterling Will Quit Liverpool This Summer – Thompson (369 Views)

Martin Skrtel To Quit Liverpool? / Sterling Will Lose MILLIONS If He Doesn't Sign New Liverpool Deal Vows Rodgers / Steven Gerrard Finally Quit Liverpool After 17 Years. Woow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sterling Will Quit Liverpool This Summer – Thompson by faithalabi(f): 11:45am On May 13, 2015
The 20-year-old has already turned down a six-figure salary to extend his stay at the club and reportedly put his Merseyside home up for sale

Contract rebel Raheem Sterling will quit Liverpool this summer, according to former Reds assistant Phil Thompson.

The 20-year-old has sparked anger at Anfield for turning down a six-figure salary to extend his stay at Anfield, announcing in April that he was postponing all talks with the club until the summer in an extended interview with the BBC.

Sterling also admitted it was “quite flattering” to be linked with rivals Arsenal, and speculation over his future intensified this week as reports surfaced that he is preparing to put his Merseyside house up for sale.

Thompson believes everything points to the young winger leaving Anfield, but says he needs to play out wide rather than as a striker if he does remain at the club.

“I think it will be very difficult for him to stay at Liverpool now,” Thompson admitted. “He’s shown all the signs that he’s ready and prepared to leave the club.

“But if he was to stay I would like to think his role will be on the flanks – I don’t think Liverpool can even contemplate him being their main striker next season, because he’s not a natural goalscorer.

“Liverpool need somebody who’s going to get you at least 15 league goals and maybe 25 overall – Raheem Sterling is not going to get you that.

“He’s done well for the team – he’s helped them out up front this season, but I think everyone can see that he’s not quite strong enough for it.

“So, no matter where he is next season, I think his best role is out wide rather than through the middle
stay update with latest sport news at www.omozar.com
Re: Sterling Will Quit Liverpool This Summer – Thompson by Icon4s(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2015
Oya Wenger, prepare ur cheque book.
With Alexis and Sterling playing from outright positions Arsenal would b unstopable.

(1) (Reply)

Bet Cleric Criminal Of Our Time / Nigeria Move Up To 42nd In June Fifa Ranking / D'great Nigeira Nice Register Ur Online Merrybet Account (online Betting Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.