Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? (38800 Views)

8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 / 50 Commonly Misspelt Words In English / Grammar Lessons: 34 Commonly Misspelt Words In The English Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by folahann(m): 1:14pm On May 14, 2015
pretydiva:
Nt guilty of any..ur no 17 isn't tru. They both ve different meanings n different spellings n not dat pple spell it wrongly
Imagine someone asking a question that: "why is this place quite"? Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Timijo(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
I am not guilty of any because I have learnt them in the past.
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by erijesu: 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
number 17@ quite is right. Op please check a dictionary.quite and quiet are two different words. You are quite right about the other words. My humble submission.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Fynestboi: 1:24pm On May 14, 2015
Joshuadon:

And this is what happen when you decided to jump over the fence and go through windows in school.......

Am skeptical if u ever saw the four walls of a school......

#21STCENTURYILLITERATES

lipsrsealed
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by abduldope(m): 1:25pm On May 14, 2015
Mhn that FOURTY fall ma hands last week for exam

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Abyzan(m): 1:32pm On May 14, 2015
guilty of 16....never actually cared to know the dictionary spellling...but CHANGE is here
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by nsiazu: 1:35pm On May 14, 2015
Catalyst4real:

Well both Words are Grammatically correct, But Most Times Quiet is Misspelt as Quite.
small g for grammatical.
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by oloribabs(f): 1:43pm On May 14, 2015
None
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 14, 2015
Abdulhafis00:
colour= color
both are in order.
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by timilinda(f): 1:48pm On May 14, 2015
10, 16, 18, 28 and 29!
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by grandstar(m): 2:22pm On May 14, 2015
Catalyst4real:
1) Alot -------------- A lot

2)Enviroment---- Environment

3) Enimity ----- Enmity

4)Greatful ------ Grateful

5) Akward------ Awkward

6) Expantitiate----- Expatiate

7)Aquaint -------- Acquaint

8. Definate ------- Definite

9)Beleive -------- Believe

10)Continiously ------ Continuously

11) Convenant ------ Covenant

12) Clearify -------- Clarify

13) Discription ------ Description

14) Mispell ----- Misspell

15)Ocassion----- Occasion

16)Pronounciation ----- Pronunciation

17) Quite ------- Quiet

18[b])Mischievious ----- Mischievous[/b]

19)Intrest------ Interest

20)infact ------ In Fact

21) Grammer ----- grammar

22)Fulfill -------- Fulfil

23)Fourty ------- Forty

24) Intervain ------- Intervene

25)Neccessary ----- Necessary

26)Grievious ------ Grievous

27)Goverment------ Government

28)Annoint ------- Anoint

29) Maintainance ------ Maintenance

30) Arguement ------- Argument

Which Ones are you Guilty of? wink

See the highlighted or emboldened

Now why is marriage not there? I keep interchanging the i and the a angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by write2obi(m): 2:22pm On May 14, 2015
AnneMomoh:
So which side is the correct and which side is wrong, you created a thread without being detailed.
You mean you can not figure it out ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Omotayor123(f): 2:25pm On May 14, 2015
21&29 sometimes
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by fapcrook(m): 2:32pm On May 14, 2015
Joshuadon:
None

Pls wats wrong with No 17
i wonder o, two different words and two different meanings
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 14, 2015
Seperate - separate

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Nellypy: 2:47pm On May 14, 2015
Am not guilty of any
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by IamYhudii(f): 2:53pm On May 14, 2015
Before now I spell d word "ENMITY" this way- "enimity". I'm seeing this for d first tym. God bless d op for this thread.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by demmy66: 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
wow... this is good..Guilty of numbers 6,14,26 & 28... cotrections noted.. hope i become conscious of these spellings.. thanks for bringing our attention to it..
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
So which side is the correct and which side is wrong, you created a thread without being detailed. tru tok
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by jireh250: 3:08pm On May 14, 2015
ferdimako:

Good... how are about everyday and every day? Take it seriously and take it serious?
Correct! grin
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by ispeaklight(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2015
Catalyst4real:
1) Alot -------------- A lot

2)Enviroment---- Environment

3) Enimity ----- Enmity

4)Greatful ------ Grateful

5) Akward------ Awkward

6) Expantitiate----- Expatiate

7)Aquaint -------- Acquaint

8. Definate ------- Definite

9)Beleive -------- Believe

10)Continiously ------ Continuously

11) Convenant ------ Covenant

12) Clearify -------- Clarify

13) Discription ------ Description

14) Mispell ----- Misspell

15)Ocassion----- Occasion

16)Pronounciation ----- Pronunciation

17) Quite ------- Quiet

18)Mischievious ----- Mischievous

19)Intrest------ Interest

20)infact ------ In Fact

21) Grammer ----- grammar

22)Fulfill -------- Fulfil

23)Fourty ------- Forty

24) Intervain ------- Intervene

25)Neccessary ----- Necessary

26)Grievious ------ Grievous

27)Goverment------ Government

28)Annoint ------- Anoint

29) Maintainance ------ Maintenance

30) Arguement ------- Argument

Which Ones are you Guilty of? wink

I was once guilty of "3" words in that list, not until i began to learn frequently online from school website's, and now ............ grin
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by GoodcasHMan: 3:32pm On May 14, 2015
I hope you an English teacher and WAEC officer
Thank you
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by edwardjr: 3:42pm On May 14, 2015
Fynestboi:

This is what happen when you drink to much garri. tongue
both quite and quiet r correct english words with different meaning. So, d guy asked a grt qustn n u disgraced urslf again by telling us dat ur ignorant is ...exclusive
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Fynestboi: 3:47pm On May 14, 2015
edwardjr:

both quite and quiet r correct english words with different meaning. So, d guy asked a grt qustn n u disgraced urslf again by telling us dat ur ignorant is ...exclusive

SMH.

Ok *grabs popcorn with smoov *
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Gentlemedi(m): 3:49pm On May 14, 2015
3, 14 and 15
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Holla(m): 3:53pm On May 14, 2015
Joshuadon:
None

Pls wats wrong with No 17

Used in two different scenarios
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Saorchy(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2015
Both spellings on number 17 are very correct, depending on the contest being used. Then as for Fulfil and Fulfill....they are still correct
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 14, 2015
PRIVILEDGE - PRIVILEGE
RECIEVE- RECEIVE
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by InMyOpinion(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2015
Guilty of 4, 20 & 28
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by seunoni34(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2015
vfactor:

not necessarily true! they are different words with different meanings. Just that people confuse one for the other, and not necessarily misspell it.

Loose = to untie, or set free. not firmly fixed. could also mean not strictly organized or controlled

Lose = unable to find something. opposite of gain. defeat
Okay
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Danthesage(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2015
Fynestboi:
@18 I almost failed that thing during my year one use of english. grin

Baba I sight u o.... so SER wan get u b dat?
Re: 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 14, 2015
Jonwesley:

except when...... what? Please this your sentence does not make any meaning. Check again.

which part is difficult to understand? the part where I said "i" comes before "e", except when preceded by "c"?

it means when spelling words with "i-e", "i" usually comes before "e". but when there is a "c", you put the "e" before the "i".

e.g. Believe and Receive. Notice that the position of "i-e" in both words.

Next time, say you don't understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Philip Okafor: UNIBEN Student Returns A Missing Wallet With Money (Photo) / LAUTECH Vs UNILORIN: Students Battle On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.