Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

The Right Way To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Right Way To Pray (949 Views)

Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right Way To Pray by brownjulie(f): 12:23pm On May 14, 2015
1... is it right/biblical to pray for our enemies to die
2... When praying should we plead or command things to happen?
Re: The Right Way To Pray by bolaji3071(m): 12:58pm On May 14, 2015
1. Yes it right

2. When praying you first of all thank God for what he has done in your life. Ask for forgiveness. Then you can now start asking God what you want / command.
Re: The Right Way To Pray by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 14, 2015
Is it appropriate to keep asking God for forgiveness everytime we pray? Or, I sin and keep saying 'God forgive me' , everytime?

Can't we just pray for others things but have in mind that our sins have been forgiven already by the perfect work of Christ on the Cross?
Just asking
Re: The Right Way To Pray by dhardline(m): 1:07pm On May 14, 2015
1.If Our Lord Jesus wanted us to pray for our enemies to die he would have started it by instead of saying 'father forgive them for they know not what they do' he would just command fire to consume them instantly cause he had the power.
Another thing you do not know is that when you presume someone is your enemy you should also know that you are that persons enemy.So if pray for ur enemy to die then your enemy also prays for you to die then who will live?
Live and let live.love your neighbour as your self.pray for your enemies to repent so that they will not end up in hell.
My own 2cents.

2.To command to happen: i believe the prayer has to be in line with Gods will cause humans tend to say alot of selfish prayers.

3 Likes

Re: The Right Way To Pray by brownjulie(f): 1:17pm On May 14, 2015
bolaji3071:
1. Yes it right
I thank u for your answer, may God continue to give you wisdom, but what happens to bible verses like Matt 5:44-48,Luke 6:27&28,and ex 23:5? I will be anticipating your response
Re: The Right Way To Pray by brownjulie(f): 1:24pm On May 14, 2015
brownjulie:

what I mean is should I plead for God to heal me or should I command the sickness to go, should I plead to God to give me success or should I command success to come e.t.c.. Tanx for ur response, I really need to clarify these things in my heart..
Re: The Right Way To Pray by Scholar8200(m): 1:42pm On May 14, 2015
brownjulie:
1. We wrestle not with flesh & blood;our true enemy is the devil hence it is not only wrong to command death on physical enemies but it exposes you to the wrong spirit Luke 9:54,55,56
54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
It is God's prerogative to decide who dies and when. In fact Jesus said to forgive else our prayers will be hindered because we remain with guilt.
Mark 11:25

2. It's best to start seeking God on the basis of a promise(s), if your heart is in the prayer, you will be led if the need to command arises. At such,you wont need to command for hours! Just a command given (at His behest) will do.

1 Like

Re: The Right Way To Pray by bolaji3071(m): 2:36pm On May 14, 2015
brownjulie:
I thank u for your answer, may God continue to give you wisdom, but what happens to bible verses like Matt 5:44-48,Luke 6:27&28,and ex 23:5? I will be anticipating your response
we are not to allow the
witches to live by prayering their wicked
activities to a halt demanding God to judge
them. Witchcrafting is not just the person but
a spirit in or behind a person. Hence we can
't kill a spirit, we can command or rebuke
their activities in the name of our Lord Jesus
Christ.
Re: The Right Way To Pray by davidif: 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
brownjulie:

Great questions, I have always thought about this questions. The truth of the matter is that you should ask the holy spirit for counsel on this. There is no one better qualified to guide you than the spirit after all he is supposed to guide us "into all truth."

(1) (Reply)

Bible Is Not The Word Of God / An Encouragement For Those Going Through Spiritual Attacks / (photo)you Dont Have To Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.