Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho (849 Views)

Chelsea Won The League, But Some Of Their Players Will Not Receive Winners Medal / Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal / Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandowski And Andre Schurrle Net Hattricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by ptaller(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2015
Ex-Blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal from Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho
By Sean Swaby on May 14, 2015
Next

Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
Andre Schurrle was under the assumption that his bit-part first-half role on the Chelsea side that won the Premier League wouldn't result in him receiving a Premier League winners' medal. 

But Jose Mourinho is hardly an ordinary manager. 

Schurrle was sold to Wolfsburg for £22 million over the winter transfer window, as the talented German's playing time was dwindling on a deep Chelsea side. 

Mourinho sent his former winger a text informing him that the club has a medal waiting for him and that he'd love it if Schurrle could attend Chelsea's last Premier League game of the season. 

Schurrle joined the Blues in 2013 from Bayer Leverkusen but was mostly reduced to substitute duties in 14 appearances. 

The World Cup winner revealed the classy exchange with his former manager to the BBC.

I didn't know that I'd get a medal when I didn't play most of the second half of the season.

Jose Mourinho sent me a text to say that I'd get a medal and he asked me to come to the last game. That was very nice for me. 

I'm really happy for the boys. They played a very good second half of the season so of course, for me, it's good to get a medal but the boys did the work. ...

I love Chelsea still, I'm not frustrated, it was a great experience.

Say what you will about Mourinho's managerial style, but he's shown time and time again that he's a downright decent guy off the pitch. 

Source: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2464549-ex-blue-andre-schurrle-will-get-winners-medal-from-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-UK?is_shared=true

1 Like

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by Lovebond34(m): 7:57pm On May 14, 2015
gud for him

1 Like

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by tomsongz(m): 1:23am On May 15, 2015
good for him

1 Like

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by seankay(m): 9:59am On May 15, 2015
Mourinho is one of a kind

2 Likes

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by Kx: 10:00am On May 15, 2015
Thats why they call him Jose Mourinho, the only one.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by ptaller(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2015
He is indeed the only one.

1 Like

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by Haywhymido(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2015
This nice n gentleman gesture won't stop some haterz(ode) frm hating d only one.

1 Like

Re: Ex-blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal From Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho by ptaller(m): 10:39pm On May 15, 2015
Haywhymido:
This nice n gentleman gesture won't stop some haterz(ode) frm hating d only one.

Na so my brother, but it's just our thing *Nigerian* I mean no matter how good something or someone is, there would still be someone to critisize it, hope u get my point? Nice one bro!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mikel, Emenike Off Keshi’s Chad Squad | See Full Team List! / Cech's Letter To Chelsea's Fan Completely Ignored Mourinho / Lionel Messi Collects £2.4million To Lay A Stone in Gabon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.