Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,103 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? (716 Views)

10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog / Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by achodave(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2015
[b]Dear Nl'ders.

I got a website designer here from nairaland,to create and design my school's website (www.royalrockacademy.com) of which he charged 5,000 for hosting and domain and another 5,000 for designing it;which I paid for,then he told me I had to buy a theme/template which cost 6,000 but i told him to buy one of 4500 which I paid for,and gave him a sample of the kind of theme I wanted;but he later bought a different one saying the one I wanted wasn't available,which got me displeased cause I wanted something like the sample I gave to him,so after confiding in a distant friend,which knew about website designing,she told me after going through the site that the template he(website designer) used was created and that creating a theme can be done with Adobe dreamweaver using html codes for free but cause of the fact I'm still a learner in the field of website designing I ignored her,this evening I then told the website designer to create another theme that looks like the sample that I showed him and he said it would cost $60 because it's a dynamic word press theme and that he doesn't use static html websites.

So please fellow nairalanders and webmasters,help me confirm this cause I feel he's not being straight with me.

Thanks.[/b]
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by bigtt76(f): 11:22pm On May 14, 2015
Themes can cause as much as $100 depending on its complexity though. Most likely your developer lied to you about your choice theme not being available. He could easily have ripped it from the site you showed him as sample if he knows his onions. In any case, take it easy with him cause he has access to your domain name and hosting environment. He would milk you dead if you dispute him before he hands them back to you.
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by fattbabakay(m): 11:51pm On May 14, 2015
Wordpress theme creation from scratch can worth much more than that but I doubt if the guy is gonna cretae it from scratch though.
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by Dmayor7(m): 12:02am On May 15, 2015
one truth you got to know is that the guy is not being straight with you! You got to be careful, and note: he is still with your domain and hosting credentails, so apply tactics and common sense or he will become a bully and milk you dry.

Like someone has said above. Creating a theme from scratch can cost much, but i doubt if the guy in question here can do it, given the way he acted. By saying a particular theme is not avaliable calls for quesrioning....

#mysincereOpinion
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by achodave(m): 7:06am On May 15, 2015
bigtt76:
Themes can cause as much as $100 depending on its complexity though. Most likely your developer lied to you about your choice theme not being available. He could easily have ripped it from the site you showed him as sample if he knows his onions. In any case, take it easy with him cause he has access to your domain name and hosting environment. He would milk you dead if you dispute him before he hands them back to you.

Thanks for your contribution,he said I should paste the link to the site of the kind of theme I wanted,so you all will see it (http://www.graceschools.net);oh and about taking it easy,I am,if i wasn't I would have mentioned hus name here a long time ago.
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by achodave(m): 7:08am On May 15, 2015
fattbabakay:
Wordpress theme creation from scratch can worth much more than that but I doubt if the guy is gonna cretae it from scratch though.

Please why do you say so?
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by achodave(m): 7:12am On May 15, 2015
Dmayor7:
one truth you got to know is that the guy is not being straight with you! You got to be careful, and note: he is still with your domain and hosting credentails, so apply tactics and common sense or he will become a bully and milk you dry.

Like someone has said above. Creating a theme from scratch can cost much, but i doubt if the guy in question here can do it, given the way he acted. By saying a particular theme is not avaliable calls for quesrioning....

#mysincereOpinion

Thanks for your opinion.Please is it possible to differentiate a premium theme bought from the one created for free?
Re: Please Help:Does Creating A Wordpress Theme Cost $60? by seegi(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2015
yes it depend on wat u nid. Everything All abt http://wisebaze.com

(1) (Reply)

Help!! With Link To Download Macromadia Fireworks 8 And License Key Included / 4 Magical Ways To Increase Page Views Of Your Web Page / Can You Design A BLOG Like Www.ogbongeblog.com ......come IN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.