Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck (20430 Views)

Housewife Stabs Undergraduate Peacemaker To Death (photo) / 18-year-old Slits Peacemaker’s Neck (photo) / Sport Betting: Peacemaker Killed In Brawl Because Of N2000 Naira (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by ijustdey: 7:37am On May 15, 2015
Tragedy struck on Limca Road in the Iyana Isolo area of Lagos State on Thursday after a speeding truck crushed a warehouse driver to death.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the driver, identified as Rafiu Baale, was pushed into the path of the truck by a tricycle driver, Imeh Matthew, during an affray.

Our correspondent learnt that Imeh and his brother were in the tricycle when a car driver bashed it.

They were said to have stopped in front of the warehouse, where the incident happened, to challenge the car owner.

The action created gridlock, forcing the manager of the warehouse to intervene. He asked the warring parties to vacate the company’s gate area.

Our correspondent was told that the deceased, who was a driver with the company, also came out and joined in the call for calm.

However, as the affray and the peace making continued, the tricycle driver was alleged to have pushed Baale to the road and he was crushed to death by a speeding truck.

The matter was said to have been reported at the Answani Police Station, and the truck driver, Aliu Salisu, and the tricycle driver, Imeh, were arrested.

Twenty-five-year old Imeh told PUNCH Metro that he acted in self-defence and had no intention of killing the victim.

He said on the day of the incident, he had parked his tricycle at a junction to eat, adding that it was while returning in his younger brother’s tricycle that the incident happened.

He said, “I am a tricycle driver and I ply Iyana Isolo to Jakande Estate route every day. I have been driving for the past five years.

“On Thursday, last week, I was in my brother’s tricycle when a car hit us.

“I came down with my brother to challenge the man.

“It was while doing this that the manager of the company emerged from somewhere and asked why we were making a noise.

“I was about explaining to him when he slapped me. I wanted to talk and he slapped me again.

“He said we should leave the place. Then the driver of the car that bashed us also started struggling with me.

“They all came out from the company and were holding and pulling me. It was when I wanted to defend myself that I mistakenly pushed the man.”

It was learnt that the truck driver crushed the victim and unknowingly dragged him on the road.

Salisu, 29, said it was his conductor that called his attention to the incident.

He said, “I am a school dropout. I have been driving for the past seven years. I have a driving licence, which expired in December, 2014.

“On that day, I was going to Auchi with some goods.

“When I got to Aye bus stop on Iyana Isolo Road, a policewoman ordered me to stop and I did.

“When she cleared me to go, I also obeyed. My eyes were on her. I did not know they were fighting around that area.

“It was after I had moved that my conductor started shouting that I should stop. That was when I knew what had happened.”

Our correspondent learnt that the victim did not die on the spot.

He was said to have been rushed to a hospital, but died on the way. He was confirmed dead in the hospital.

The uncle of the suspect, Emmanuel Udoh, urged the police to thoroughly investigate the matter, saying he believed his cousin was not to blame for the victim’s death.

Udoh said Imeh was overwhelmed by the crowd that surrounded him and it was in a bid to free himself that Baale died.

He said, “I believe the police can do a good job in this case.

“All those who witnessed the incident testified to the fact that the security guards around that place and some other people there confused him.

“It was during that confusion that the man was crushed to death.”

He described Imeh as a hard working man, who had no criminal record before he was brought to Lagos from the village in Cross River.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said the matter had been transfered to the Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/fighter-pushes-peacemaker-into-path-of-speeding-truck/

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by shakazuldadon: 7:38am On May 15, 2015
Na wa

Moral of the story....

Don't fight

When you see fighting & you are not a security agent, sharply head in the opposite direction.

16 Likes

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by 20bc(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2015
He was just trying to be good, well the truck driver has a case to answer as well as the manager of the firm
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Islie: 9:09am On May 15, 2015
Acted in self defence but you just caused a man to die and sent to the grave beyond
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Islie: 9:54am On May 15, 2015
PUNCH Metro learnt that the driver, identified as Rafiu Baale, was pushed into the path of the truck by a tricycle driver, Imeh Matthew, during an affray

Such a sad way to die

A peacemaker now lost his life
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by okooloyun1(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2015
O ga ooo! Olorun maje ka sore daran.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Drsheddy(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2015
Eiya undecided Blessed are the PEACE maker for they will be called the children's of God.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by AGgal(f): 12:05pm On May 16, 2015
shocked
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by folabayo1(f): 12:05pm On May 16, 2015
Na wa o that's y me I no dey seperate fight cos dem fit burst person head undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by eleojo23: 12:05pm On May 16, 2015
This would have been avoided if people were more civil in handling matters.
It is common to see people threatening to fight over issues that can be quietly resolved without any form of aggression.

This "agbero" behaviour needs to stop.

9 Likes

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by LMAyedun(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
So sad!
That's why whenever I see people fighting, I look for a very strategic position with a good seat and get myself entertained.

But wait oO...
He died a peacemaker, will he now make heaven? undecided

RIP to him.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by sagewonders(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
see they face. some people are naturally wicked.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by alphaStoner(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by SirLewis(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
This is why I don't separate fights anymore. Tried that once in primary school, ended up with a swollen foot. Best thing to do is walk away
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Lastdon02(m): 12:07pm On May 16, 2015
so the guy done die be that?
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Olivergee(f): 12:07pm On May 16, 2015
Pathetic
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Pavore9: 12:08pm On May 16, 2015
What a pity.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by tola9ja: 12:09pm On May 16, 2015
wicked act
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by publicenemy(m): 12:09pm On May 16, 2015
Sometimes its better to stay away...especially here in Lagos.

That's why people ignore accident victims sometimes...it could all fall on you.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by msmon(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2015
...blessed are the Peacemaker because they shall be called the son of God

RIP man!

1 Like

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Aitee1: 12:11pm On May 16, 2015
Oooh my people...

cry cry cry
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by miqos02(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2015
bad
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by SexyNairalander: 12:17pm On May 16, 2015
eyah. . .my own sec sku at surulere thought me not to seperate fights o, just watch dem until dem tire. . .
rip
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Helkayklassic(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2015
One of the reason i don't separate those fighting.

The pusher enter wahala, the driver not left out.

Rip tho.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 16, 2015
Many are mad few are roaming!

A lesson for all, if the fight does not concern u or ur loved one plz face ur direction.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Tberry01(f): 12:21pm On May 16, 2015
So sad
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by Situation001(m): 12:21pm On May 16, 2015
RIP
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by mrborntodoit: 12:21pm On May 16, 2015
Fraustrated tricycle rider, he might have been rounded up cos of the stigma attached to poor "keke Marwa and Okada " riders .

This is also a sound warning to those whom feel they can ride on the shoulders of the poor especially the so-called "Big Men" that always feel superior to others, we can all see where the slap landed him.
Re: Fighter Pushes Peacemaker Into Path Of Speeding Truck by lastmessenger: 12:26pm On May 16, 2015
This reminds of the word " DESTINY".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Dismisses V.N Ukpanwane For Sodomy And Using Illicit Drugs / Man Arrested For Posing As A Police Detective To Rob [Photo] / Housewife Cuts Maid With Razor Blade For Stealing Baby’s Milk (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.