Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course (471 Views)

Female Students Should Stop Cooking For Their Boyfriends - Zambian Minister / Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash / Silly Things Students Do In Uniuyo That Shows Their Lack Of Commonsense (part B) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course by mubarak89(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2015

Let’s face it. There are times we study hard but ‘miraculously’ go blank when it reaches time to pen down what we studied (or maybe you didn’t even study for the course). In most cases, what follows is an ‘F’. We fail the course.

Nigerian students hate failure; (especially when the course is a prerequisite) otherwise why do students cheat in exams knowing fully well that they stand a chance of being rusticated when caught?

We fear it and so when it does happen, we most times react wrongly. We let it control our emotions and allow it to dictate our attitude to life.

What is the best thing to do after seeing that dreaded ‘F’ on the notice board close to the Exam Officer’s den?

Here are five strategies that can help you ‘maintain’ even after ‘banging’ a course:

1. Don’t make it your personality.

Separate the failure from your identity. Don’t let it destroy your self-esteem and confidence. Yes you failed the course but that doesn’t make you are a failure because there are many other things (even if not academically inclined) that you have succeed at.

2. Take stock, learn and adapt.

Learn from your mistakes. Look at the failure analytically. Why did you fail? What might have produced a better outcome? Was the failure completely beyond your control?

Gather the facts, step back and ask yourself, what did I learn from this? And find a way to apply this newfound insight as you continue.

3. Don’t dwell on it.

Dwelling on your failure traps you in an emotional doom-loop that disables you from moving on. You cannot change the past, but you can shape your future with positive thoughts.
Remind yourself of why you have to move on whenever you sense that you are beginning to dwell on it.

4. Forget about the approval of others.

Note that what your mates (or even your lecturer) consider to be true about your level of intelligence is not necessarily the truth. Forget about them and be determined to ultimately succeed.

5. Change your perspective.

One of the best things you can do is to shift your perspective and belief system away from the negative.

Reject the mindset that says: “If I fail a course, it means I am as intelligent as the students who had ‘A’s” and embrace the more positive mindset that says: “If I fail, I am one step closer to succeeding; I am smarter than I was before taking the course”.

What did you do after you failed that course? What is your own advice for students who fail?

Source: http://graduatewell.com/article/7023e84cd0c983a4f3b4d7cbc88afe61 for details

Re: 5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 15, 2015
Re: 5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 15, 2015
Hehehehe
Re: 5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course by mubarak89(m): 12:11pm On May 15, 2015
After they'd just pasted the result
grin grin

Re: 5 Things Students Should Do After ‘banging’ A Course by seankay(m): 12:35pm On May 15, 2015
I only banged a course when in was in the University

(1) (Reply)

Is Futminna Direct Entry Form Out / Empty thread / Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma 2015/2016 Post UTME And Direct Entry Csndidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.