Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests (30324 Views)

How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum / NYSC : Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by rudebouy: 8:06am On May 16, 2015
Day dont have to do a protest. I wd rada day go to court.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by creamylicious(f): 8:13am On May 16, 2015
lacreamieboie:
u get bad mouth like me chai! I for just marry u make we dey cause wahala for Yankee... but u don old!
you go ahead to practise your supposed bad mouth on me by calling me old. I dont know how that is in sync with d question i posed to @donbrowser
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by bastien: 8:15am On May 16, 2015
Husten:
Noun is part time skul nd shld not b taken seriously abeg.... D skul is for lazy ass fellows who are not serious abt skul. Check d method of lecturing d student, how d write dere test frm any whre of dere choice nd how d write dere exams. My very gud frnd is ateending d skul nd I feel pity for him. If I dy dat skul, aswer na 5.99 go b my final GP
with this English? Lol God forgive English and pidgin they know nothing
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by babyfaceafrica: 8:17am On May 16, 2015
lacreamieboie:
borrow? they can't borrow cos anything they have to do must be done with the computer... So, they can PHOTOSHOP! gringrin
you are wicked...hehehehhe

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by bastien: 8:18am On May 16, 2015
donbrowser:

Hahaha the form is just 5k. Come and prove useful
You dey mind the guy, if fill in the gap no send am go villa ma know why
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by lacreamieboie(m): 8:18am On May 16, 2015
creamylicious:
you go ahead to practise your supposed bad mouth on me by calling me old. I dont know how that is in sync with d question i posed to @donbrowser
no vex na... I meant no harm! Oya u go marry me?? I dey find wife!
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by unikazzy(m): 8:20am On May 16, 2015
creamylicious:
I believe he was just trying to make a joke out it .....sorry about that sis.....no vex pls
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by awwallace92: 8:22am On May 16, 2015
I started with my online business I earn $58 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don't check it out.
For information check this site. >>>> www.Times-Report.com
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by donbrowser(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2015
creamylicious:
eksu in lag? that centre in aocoed pls reply
Eksu the real
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by airlord2020: 8:32am On May 16, 2015
unikazzy:
that's abroad......we are sovereignty nation. They HV their laws and we HV ours.
I'm comparing mode of study not country laws. Meanwhile Nigeria is far too backward educationally.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by dlight2(m): 8:33am On May 16, 2015
CVWizards:
SMH. Weren't they aware of this before. Bunch of lazy students. Instead of them to read and pass UME, they went for short-cut.

You are very wrong my dear...lazy student can't survive in that insttn.ws once a student there.Only discontinued becouse I saw this coming.I am a full time student here @AAU now. Though was not given law here dspite the my 247 score in jamb.Sai Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by alllffy(m): 8:34am On May 16, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
These questions need urgent answers.

1.Whats the purpose of creating NOUN?

2. Which kind of student can they admit?

3. Is the University really meant for adults or working class people above 30 years who couldn't get University education before they reached age 30.

4. If question 3 is yes, why do they admit young scholars btw 16 - 26 years?

5. Why is it not advertised that this school is not for young people who are eligible for NYSC so that young a scholars obtaining their form ll know that he/she ll not do NYSC?

Where did you get this coat from, on assumptions...

Last Bullet

Hope the body of NOUN & NUC ll quickly come out & tell the students what they don't know in order to save the students from unnecessary headache.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Nobody: 8:36am On May 16, 2015
Aluta Continua!
Victoria Ascerta!

God bless our struggles, I would appeal to the national body of NANS to join them in this fight...

Good morning all!
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Seriallinks(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

True! Education has nothing to do with Age. But Noun was specially founded for working class Adult. Check out Jamb brochure *
Noun was listed under specialized institutions.

That's Why I Made d earlier comment. The Youths in Noun should av known Better.....

Oh well; I don't know about the bold, but I still believe that it's wrong and unlawful to exclude NOUN youths from serving the Nation!

NOUN is an accredited Federal University; so, it's graduates should be accepted into the NYSC just as graduates of other accredited institutions abroad are accepted for youth service regardless of whether the college is for youths or working adults!

And to be sincere with you, I have never heard anywhere in the world that a school is founded "specially" for working adults; even if there is, it will be illogical to deny youths who attend it youthful privileges because it's a working adult University. It's only in cases of Military Universities that age requirement is applicable for those who intend to serve in the Military after graduation!

I believe NOUN like other distant learning centres/institutions was NOT founded "ONLY" for working adults but was created to help working adults study at home as most of their lectures and exams are delivered online! This can as well help youths who want to work full-time handle their studies at the same time; so it's not only meant for working adults!

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by AfricanApple(f): 8:37am On May 16, 2015
1stola:
Are part-time students supposed to go for nysc? What da fùck are they protesting for RUBBISH
bros please o, move!!!!!!
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Omotayor123(f): 8:41am On May 16, 2015
Seriallinks:

Oh well; I don't know about the bold, but I still believe that it's wrong and unlawful to exclude NOUN youths from serving the Nation!

NOUN is an accredited Federal University; so, it's graduates should be accepted into the NYSC just as graduates of other accredited institutions abroad are accepted for youth service regardless of whether the college is for youths or working adults!

And to be sincere with you, I have never heard anywhere in the world that a school is founded "specially" for working adults; even if there is, it will be illogical to deny youths who attend it youthful privileges because it's a working adult University. It's only in cases of Military Universities that age requirement is applicable for those who intend to serve in the Military after graduation!
I don't understand why youths will prefer going to such institution. I call it Laziness on their part. There are hundreds of other federal Universities for both young nd old.
Most of the Noun 'youth' students I know are those that have failed in one institution or d other.
Go nd get ur facts#

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by jacko007(m): 8:44am On May 16, 2015
I don't really understand y ppl still criticizes noun ? On countable young Nigerians are still jobless today ,even after serving at nysc, the seconds or minutes you generate comments to criticize ,use that time to generate a business idea or being creative ..many of the world richest men and leaders never graduated from the university or serving like critize says ..

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Nobody: 8:47am On May 16, 2015
But one of you created a thread yesterday to brag about how you are all working class....so what do you need NYSC for?

I support your cause thou.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Seriallinks(m): 8:56am On May 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

I don't understand why youths will prefer going to such institution. I call it Laziness on their part. There are hundreds of other federal Universities for both young nd old.
Most of the Noun 'youth' students I know are those that have failed in one institution or d other.
Go nd get ur facts#

Na now I understand you grin At least the bold explains your stance! Well, maybe that's only because it's in Nigeria...Nigerians love easy things, shortcuts etc; so I get it grin LOL
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by emmyvet(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2015
unikazzy:
lecturer settlement.... Buy ur way out..........Lolzzzz

Bro dont pass false information here just to make gest of the future of other Nigerians.
Who told you we have lecturers in NOUN?
What we have is facilitators not lecturers.
How can you buy or settle a computer which upon submission of your Answers you see your results on screen?
Your money can not buy 0.1 mark in NOUN

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by kingsley989(m): 8:59am On May 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

True! Education has nothing to do with Age. But Noun was specially founded for working class Adult. Check out Jamb brochure *
Noun was listed under specialized institutions.
That's Why I Made d earlier comment. The Youths in Noun should av known Better.....
The goverment and NOUN management is to be blamed, not the young students. Firstly, If NOUN was created for adult students (working class) alone. NOUN have been admitting underage students, against NOUN's reason for existence. Why? Seconly, If there were enough or reasonable number of institutions of higher learning to address the number of students seeking higher education. These young students won't opt to study at NOUN. NOUN is not a cheap institution to start with, the institutions is more expensive compared to most universities. So the government should as a matter of urgency, address the issue at hand and give these students every right to participate in whatever others do.
Note: Most of these students are far better than their mates in other institions.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by emmyvet(m): 9:05am On May 16, 2015
jeffery251:

Who doesn't know that you can be based in the states and still graduate from NOUN,all you need do is let your money speak for you.You pay money to register your courses,pay to sit for the exams,pay to check results and even pay to pass.Infact,its pay as u go.

FALSE
Who are you paying all these your money to??

To the computer that provides your results upon submission of your Answers!!!
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Nobody: 9:07am On May 16, 2015
Please,do PRONOUN students got admission through UTME?Just curious please..Thanks
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by liongirl: 9:08am On May 16, 2015
bilms:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/15/nysc-angry-noun-students-threaten-nationwide-protests/comment-page-1/#comment-1173564
those of us in Umuahia study center are in support just give early information and we shutdown this godam country
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by mahyowah(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2015
Realdeals:
I thought NOUN is a part time school, even PT students from regular university are excluded cos they did not wrote the UME, beside are they aware that NYSC has age limit, NOUN is meant for working class to acquire additional qualifications
Bros read ur sentence again. Even a NOUN student can do better.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Elxandre(m): 9:54am On May 16, 2015
I foresaw this discriminations happening two years ago, that's why I refused to go to the annoyance of my mum and aunt.
Now these students are putting this school into the spotlight for a needless cause.

I wouldn't even be surprised when they start being treated as second rates in workplaces.

What's so special in NYSC sef?
Instead of them to join their mates in the labour market with their exemption letters.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by IYANGBALI: 10:09am On May 16, 2015
Thank God I didn't register with NOUN,I registered with ADVERB,its better and reliable
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Nobody: 10:29am On May 16, 2015
CVWizards:
SMH. Weren't they aware of this before. Bunch of lazy students. Instead of them to read and pass UME, they went for short-cut.
Don't talk rubbish. NOUN is as much an educational institution as any other. A federal institution for that matter. Didn't you read that it was accredited by the NUC?
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Nobody: 10:30am On May 16, 2015
tola9ja:
[size=18pt]work and laern[/size]
It's actually "work and LEARN", my dear.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Zumibliss(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2015
Good day every one,I am a young man trying to setup a small business of selling pure water packing bag in Benin city,I need a reliable supplier that can guarantee me regular supply of good quality of large amount.If you can contact me for us to make arrange to meet for other discussion on method of payment and delivery to my location. Thanks My number is 07055747248
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by gnykelly(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2015
all you guts need to change your perception of life. B.Sc. , HND are all a piece of paper. education is different from schooling. you need education. NYSC does not mean your life will be better.
Re: NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests by Nobody: 10:35am On May 16, 2015
lacreamieboie:
If NOUN students must serve then PART TIME students must serve too! cos they are even more serious than the animal, place or thing... sorry, NOUN! grin
What a gross display of ignorance! NOUN operates on an educational system known as Open and Distance Learning. We have full time as well as part time students. Your ignorance disgusts me *spits*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don Davis' Family And Deeper Life High School Finally Reconcile / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates / 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.