Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader (1298 Views)

New Orbit Brand Ltd / Orbit Downloader Wit/tor / IDM, DAP, Mass Downloader, Etc: Which is the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by efeboy(m): 12:03am On Feb 10, 2009
Please can anyone help me with directions as to how to use bittorrent or limewire or orbitdownloader for downloading

files from the internet. I would like to download some big files and I was made to understand that these softwares help

in downloading files quickly.

Please I would appreciate any help or contributions.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 10, 2009
If you have torrent files, then you can use those, but for direct download, my advice is for you to make use of download accelerator plus. You can find it at www.speedbit.com
Re: Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by efeboy(m): 12:16am On Feb 10, 2009
O dhtml thanks.

however what are 'torrent files'. That is what i continue to find when i try to read the bittorrent manuals. Please can you exlpain this term to me.

thanks again.
Re: Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 10, 2009
Torrent files are small files of say 2KB that contain links within them to download large files from torrent servers(or something like that) such that you need to use torrent downloaders like ares to actually download the files they are pointing to.
Some folks do not want people to crash/slow their server so they make stuffs available for download through torrents only to regulate the speed of download.
Re: Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by efeboy(m): 10:45am On Feb 10, 2009
@dhtml,

where can i get this torrent files?

do i need to save them somewhere?

how do i use them to download files if i get them?
Re: Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by netotse(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
@OP
first u download a torrent client(utorrent, bittorrent etc),
then install it
then search on torrent sites for links to the content u want then download the torrent double clicking it shld cos it to open in the client

using download softwares is pretty intuitive just start using them u'll pick it up as u go along!

and feel free to check up torrents on wikipedia
Re: Urgent Help Please - How To Use Bittorrent Or Limewire Or Orbit Downloader by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2009
Exactly, that answers the question.

(1) (Reply)

Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? / I Need A PC Downloading App Aprt From Idm / How To Save Your Eyes From Computer Screen Hurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.